Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Wolfies promo grail.

Boris Karloff- beyond the monster. P3 from the chiller show.

Goldeneye- numbered promo.

Playboy chrome covers P4

Hammer Horror-market square. P1--3.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I've been looking for the LOTR Fellowship Frankfurt Book Fair promo P3 - the last one I saw on Ebay went for $45.00.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Mine would be:

Stargate card SC-1

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles 5 different Unnumbered.

Frighteners promo card No. 3

Also the star trek gummie and credit card cards

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey
I wanted to thank everyone who has posted their Buffy Holy Grail Cards on this list. I'm not a big Buffy collector, but Inkworks has made some great sets and promos for these cards series, and as a result, many have made their way into my collection. After following this thread, it made me go back and take a closer look at what I had, and I found some real gems that I had not realized their scarcity.

Here's what I found:
Buffy Connections P1-P Big Grin
Season 7 B7-Mem
Season 7 B7-UK (I have an non-embossed version that I don't see reference to in NSU)

I also have 2 of the foil versions of the B6-2-
I'd like to trade 1 for either the non-refractor type or for a B6-WW if anyone is interested.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Season 7 B7-UK (I have an non-embossed version that I don't see reference to in NSU)

I think this was the UK case loader card, can't remember anything about one being embossed - you might want to do a search to find an old thread about it Smile

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Tialessa,
I think you are right,
I have a B7-UK, it says nothing special on the back.
I beleive that there are 2 cards that are embossed; NSU-SD, and B7-UK.
The B7-UK has a gold star on it.
It is out of 300.
It was a UK case exclusive, and I think only the dealers had them.

ChRiS Big Grin

NOTE:
There is no black line on the other cards, I had to black the words out, due to the no advertising poloicy.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Chris Byrne,

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I have the B7-UK, but mine is not embossed. The Angel season 4, A4-UK was done the same way, with the stamped version and non-stamped. I believe the only difference is that the embossed ones were used as case cards or case incentives for UK dealers.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Just a note to say hi. I am a new member and long time non sport card collector. My focus is on Promos as I can't collect everything. I would have to say Star Wars "P3" if you know what I mean. Wavey

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Since I have gotten my old promo holy grail (Witchblade TV Uk promo), I need a new one - so here they are:

Charmed Connections - Uk, PUK, CCP1, if ther eis a CCP3 then that one too, and especially the FOA.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Not the rarest, but the one I haven't been able to snag is the Tomb Raider TRi internet promo.

As far as what I own probably My Sony Pictures Spiderman Movie promos numbers 2of5 and 3of5 in particular seem to be very scarce. I've been searching shows and eBay for two years and I've only seen one 2of5 and two 3of5s.

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Dobby! I am looking for the TRi too! If you run into a pair of em, pick one up for me! I promise to do the same Big Grin

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
John the Hat asked on the board for two of these last week and got responces.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
John the Hat asked on the board for two of these last week and got responces.

Actually JTH was looking for the Cradle of Life internet promos - looks like these guys are looking for the first Tomb Raider one Smile Still, someone should have one Smile

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected, it,s these shoes. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Mine would have to be the Superman SW1 promo. That is one elusive puppy. I also wouldn't mind getting the Biosphere #25 card.
Oh well, I'll just keep scouring the planet for these treasures. Bouncey

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I don't know if they rise to holy grail level, but I would really like to get all the Harry Potter promos. I have the silver and red foil versions, but am missing all the rest.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
Dobby! I am looking for the TRi too! If you run into a pair of em, pick one up for me! I promise to do the same Big Grin

Will do. There is one seller on eBay that seems to have a stack, and they auction them off one at a time every couple of weeks. The price usually goes over $10 and I'm just not ready to pay that yet. I did win one auction at a great price, but was sent the TR1. They refunded my money, but I thought I had it!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I agree, $10 is a little much, he is probably charging $2 or $3 shipping too right? They cant be RARE, they just arent THERE right now Big Grin

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
wELL Thanks to this thread! Batman knocked off My Holy Grail promo!

I always knew one day I would be saved by Batman!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
Well, I'd love to have the SW Galaxy P3 promo, but that's out of my league. So, I'll go with:

1) Roswell P3 (UK)
2) The UK DS9 and Outer Limits promos (Ritt.
3) Smallville soundtrack Lex card (Traded it to Barrett, but I'll find another...)
4) That rare Joe Jusko promo (can't remember the number offhand).
5) Any promo for Lost in Space archives

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post