Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Nemesisboy, good luck trying to find those LEXX cards. I have only seen one set in the 3 years since they came out, and that was the one I acquired recently from a fellow collector. The cards are #ed 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc. and do not indicate in any way that they were released at Suncoast, incidentally, but apparently they were. I have never seen them on ebay.

I just picked up a Lexx set in a trade, so they are out there, just have to keep digging! Smile I agree, I have not seen any on Ebay either, and I have been looking.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a short list of some of my holy grails. I have been looking for these for 10 years, with no success...

BLACKBALL COMICS/ATOMEKA (SkyBox) P01 and P02

CREATORS MASTER SERIES (SkyBox) P0

THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE set of 4 (see pics above)

NORMA JEANE LOST PORTFOLIO/MARILYN MONROE pink proto 104P--version with larger photo, no green stripe on the back (I have the smaller photo one)This is one of the zillions of Marilyn Monroe promos by The Private Collection.

BLUE ANGELS any marked "sample" (20 different)

SANDMAN (SkyBox) sheet #ed out of 4444

MORTAL KOMBAT D1 with Capitol con logo on back

STAR 93 show promos (need 14 of the 30 promos)

VALIANT ERA/DEATHMATE THANK YOU CARDS (1993 series only, need 6 of the 30)

MARVEL UNIVERSE SERIES III (SkyBox, 1992) sheet from Comic Book Buyers Guide Price Guide

COUNTRY STAR (Traks) 3 different prototypes

MIKE PLOOG (FPG) unnumbered monster in suit

NIGHTMARE ON ELM ST (Impel) any samples

EARTH TRIBE promo # 4 (from 2000 set)

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
It's been a while since I've commented in this thread, so I thought I'd add another of my holy grail promos: Buffy Season 5 B5-2(embossed version).

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
That's the only Buffy 5 promo i need for my set, but it's not a 'holy grail' one for me.

Good idea to post a list, lol, who knows what others may be able to find - or have in their collection.

I was *very* close to the Lion King SB1, I knew who had one, he didn't know how rare it was, paid next to nothing for it, yet wouldn't trade it to me/sell it to me for anything as he needed it to complete his small collection Frown
I didn't want it for myself. I was helping a friend with his wish list of hard to find promos.
You know who you are Wave

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Simpsonoid
posted Hide Post
I fall into the same promo dark hole as many others, with the Superman Platinum SW1 from Wal-Mart being the grail of my promo card collecting.
I have placed numerous requests for it on web page needs lists, patiently waited since 1999 for it to show up on ebay, called from a long list of non-sports dealers I googled trying to find one that had this elusive card.
I even called Wal-Mart national headqurters in Bentonville, Arkansas trying to find out if there was an extra one in a drawer or box somewhere.
If nothing else, this chain lets me know I'm not the only one that has been confounded by this darn card.

Others I'm enjoying waiting to find.....

The Silver Sandman cards

DC Cosmic Teams promos 0, 000, and P1

DC Master promos C1, D1, and H1

Ultraverse II promo P00 (Yrial)

Posts: 22 | Location: chester,ny 10918 | Registered: September 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of flobe
posted Hide Post
My holy grail would be all 9 of the ST:TNG Episode Collection Season Two 2-card Promos
These are the only cards that are missing for My TNG Season 1-7 Master Set

Posts: 792 | Location: Germany | Registered: June 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
Now that I've just received my B6-GG and am getting a WOS D1 sent to me (Thanks Jenny!!), I don't think I have any more promo card holy grails anymore... ! Big Grin Clap

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would have to say B6-GG.
Although, I cannot really say that I have been hunting it down!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I think the promos next on my list are Buffy season 2 M6-M12. I'm trying to put together a binder of Buffy promos in the order listed in the Promo Card Encyclopedia.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Mine would be the Goldeneye Numbered Promo, which I got a while ago from Darren at Cards Inc for a price that I couldn't argue with.
But i wouldn't mind another one if it was numbered 007/500 or 006/500. That would be SOOOOOO cool!
My other favourite promo(s) is the Die Another Day 6-card promo packet made available at a NJ convention (I think), that are foil versions of the Japanese movie posters.

The only other promos I'm searching for are the James Bond Connoisseur Collection San Diego 4 card set and the X-Files Connections P-FOA card (but at a more reasonable price).

Out of curiosity, do people consider preview sets 'Promo Cards' or would you regard them separately?

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
I would have to say B6-GG.
Although, I cannot really say that I have been hunting it down!

There have been a few about lately - I was WELL pleased when I got mine

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
There have been a few about lately - I was WELL pleased when I got mine

Thanks for the info Smile

I too have noticed that, but I have had other cards on my mind. (Smallville & new sets etc)
Plus, I could of bought it by now, but have waited Roll Eyes (dont really know why?! Razz)

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of saturnman7
posted Hide Post
I am looking for Marvel Onslaught promos that were put into the Spiderman premium set:
Preview card 1 of 9, and 2 of 9 would make my day.
The shop Star Wars .com promos would be nice too.

Posts: 319 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Mine would be the Goldeneye Numbered Promo, which I got a while ago from Darren at Cards Inc for a price that I couldn't argue with.
But i wouldn't mind another one if it was numbered 007/500 or 006/500. That would be SOOOOOO cool!
My other favourite promo(s) is the Die Another Day 6-card promo packet made available at a NJ convention (I think), that are foil versions of the Japanese movie posters.

The only other promos I'm searching for are the James Bond Connoisseur Collection San Diego 4 card set and the X-Files Connections P-FOA card (but at a more reasonable price).

Out of curiosity, do people consider preview sets 'Promo Cards' or would you regard them separately?

Scratch that, I've got my hands on a set of the SD promos in really good cond. for a fair price, which means I've got all Bond promos Clap

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
Since I have gotten my old promo holy grail (Witchblade TV Uk promo), I need a new one - so here they are:

Charmed Connections - Uk, PUK, CCP1, if ther eis a CCP3 then that one too, and especially the FOA.

Hiya
I doubt you still need it now but I have a CC-UK going spare

-Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffyAngelFan:
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
Since I have gotten my old promo holy grail (Witchblade TV Uk promo), I need a new one - so here they are:

Charmed Connections - Uk, PUK, CCP1, if ther eis a CCP3 then that one too, and especially the FOA.

Hiya
I doubt you still need it now but I have a CC-UK going spare

-Claire

Thanks so much, but I decided to stop collecting charmed and traded off all of my charmed cards Frown I know, I know, what's wrong with me! I decided to concentrate on others like Xena, Lost, Battlestar Galactica, Serenity, and Farscape - too many as it is LOL!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sci-fi guy,

Posts: 537 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Giles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
It's been a while since I've commented in this thread, so I thought I'd add another of my holy grail promos: Buffy Season 5 B5-2(embossed version).

Yep, one of mine too!

Posts: 200 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
Currently the Buffy WB29 set.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Collectress,

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well I am new here but my holy grail was "THE BRIAN LUMLEY COLLECTION' promo.This year I recieved 2 cards from the artist.1 signed and 1 unsigned.(there was only 250 made)
Now my holy grail is to get the 2nd autographed by the author and the Mike ploog promo

Posts: 59 | Location: sparks,nevada | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post