Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
The Lex Smallville soundtrack card was my toughest find for the series too. Mine is not in the best shape, I'd love to stumble across a mint one in a $.25 bin somewhere... Roll Eyes

When I do, I'll hook you up with mine. Thumb Up

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Another one that I have never seen and is hard to find would be Lois & Clark: "LC2". Eek

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
My Holy Grail is the Hamme Horror Series 2 P2 promo (the painting of Oliver Reed as the Wolfman). I can't explain why, but I love that card, and it's now my favorite card.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of #1hulkfan
posted Hide Post
Hey Card Dude, nice member pix you got there.

Wave

Posts: 171 | Location: San Diego , ca, usa | Registered: September 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lapis
posted Hide Post
I guess my holy grail would be those 1997 WB29 (?) Buffy promos, but since we have a mortgage and stuff, oh well...

Posts: 87 | Location: Knoxville, TN, USA | Registered: March 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GrimReaper
posted Hide Post
My promo holy grail would be the NSU Benchwarmer Auto card. I think I bought Harris a new car with the number of issues I bought looking for that one. Big Grin

Posts: 222 | Location: Flowery Branch, GA, USA | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Well, another holy grail taken off of someone's list because of this post! A huge thanks to Jessica for sending me the Tomb Raider internet promo! I really appreciate it.

...Now does anyone have the Green Goblin lenticular disc that was given out by Sony promoting the first Spiderman film?

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes i have Smile but unfortunatly for you i do not have two. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
My favorite card housed in my promo collection is not a promo card, It 's and error card. The #53 Flash card from the DC Master Series. The front is blank except for the words The Flash, I like to say the Flash was so fast he got away. Coca-cola signs of good taste promo is one of my better promo's.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Still looking for the Goldeneye (James Bond) unnumbered promo. If anyone's got a spare, let's talk! Big Grin

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
As I now have both the cards I originally posted about (thanks to those concerned in helping me to get 'em!) All I'm really looking for now are the Gummies and Inkworks Internet cards I don't have.

I think that's the way this hobby works, isn't it? You set yourself an impossible goal then, when you actually achieve it, you set yourself another... Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Since I last posted I have become obsessed by getting all of the Buffy promo's.

This task will take me quite a while as there are still many hard to track down promo's.

As Paul said, this is a goal I have set myself and I can't wait until I achieve it Smile

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I really don't have one, anymore. It used to be the Buffy season 4 BM-1, but a nice person in the UK is sending me one.
I guess those WB29 promos would be a possibility. I only recently heard about them from someone's post not long ago, and they also posted a link to a pic. But, it doesn't bother me if I never have them.
Now that I don't officially have a Holy Grail promo card, I can always help others look for theirs Wink
I've been sent one difficult promo card want list and have filled one or two holes. Half of them I've never heard of, but I don't mind helping Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DScardzguy
posted Hide Post
I'd have to say my CAMM Desert Shield B-17 flying fortress Promo cards....one Blue and one Red. Cool

Posts: 18 | Location: Syracuse, USA | Registered: August 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
the Alias Gummie promo is mine, still looking for it in a decent price range.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Im lucky, the only promos I wanted enough to consider as a "Holy Grail" I already managed to get, the 6 WB29 Buffy promos. Still the most attractive Buffy promos ever made.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I don't recall hearing about those Buffy WB29 promos.What,Where,Why...
They sure are purty Cool

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
I don't recall hearing about those Buffy WB29 promos.What,Where,Why...
They sure are purty Cool

These promos were made way back in 1997, well before the first Inkworks cards were made. They were made to promote the show itself, not a card set and WB29 was a Kansis City tv station (no longer exists). Nobody knows how many were made but no doubt at least 99% probably ended up in the trash. For how rare and hard to find they are they seem relatively cheap (around $150 for the set) and the only thing holding them down (I think) is that most Buffy collectors don't even know they exist so don't look for them which I liked since I got my set for $60 a while back.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
i have a X-men movie promo, one of the four, the magneto one, signed by Sir Ian Mckellen, so i guess thats a rather nice one to have.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Joe McKinney
posted Hide Post
I'm so happy. Today I finally found one of the Inkworks' autographed Scooby Doo Christmas promos that was sent to select dealers in 2002. You don't see this one often and I've wanted one ever since they came out. The card is a promo for the Scooby Doo Mysteries and Monsters set. To me it's like a SDMM-FOA card.

Posts: 976 | Location: Clayton, Alabama, U.S.A | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post