Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Me I like all art cards.

The one I like the best makes me Confused because there all nice cards.

This is a hard question

Posts: 1858 | Location: PAUPACK,PA-USA | Registered: November 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I'd like to say a big "thank you" to angeleyes777 and tialessa for both offering to help me with the B6-2 foil within o=hours of my contributing to this topic! Thanks both!
Now, onto my next quested for card - the P-ukp... Big Grin
Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.paulbines.co.uk

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlvinson:
I really liked that Star Wars Yoda promo that was shown awhile back. I don't think I'll ever have one but I thought it was beautiful.

A promo that I will have someday is the Charmed Gummi. Actually, I want all the Gummies. Oh yes, they will be mine!

I was wondering how many people have found their "Holy Grail" promo.
The Yoda P3 is still way out of my league. Here is what the last one ended for. $760.01
Yoda P3 ended auction

I did finally get the Charmed Gummi, and for a great price. $8.00.
I'm not sure what I'm going to start dreaming about now, probably the Buffy and/or Charmed FOA promos.

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I have a few
The Ninth Gate Movie: 9-Card Set (just recently go this one).
Disney Treasures: P1
Batman Saga of the Dark Knight: 8-uip panel
DC Master Series: C1
Marvel Universe 4: Red Foil Promo Set
Angry Christ (Dawn): Convention Promo
Star Wars Trilogy: H (4 card) or G (5 card)Sets
Sandman Silver Set

I've seen some of these on rare occasions, but they are usually quite pricey.

Chris

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I'm not really a promo collector, but when I get them I keep them in a promo folder

The rarest one I own is the Carry On FOC1 promo numbered 33/100 given to me by Darren a few Memorabilias ago!

The rarest one I would love to own is the complete DS9 RAUKDS9 promo, but, I dont really collect them as I said, whatever I finds I keeps!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
That would have to be Bettie Page Illustrated by Topps. Nice card with artwork by Dave Stevens who is a favorite of mine (from back in the day when he did Rocketeer.)

Shame that Topps cancelled the set.Shake Head

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
Odd I never responded to this thread when it started.. but my Promo Card Holy Grail is :

Ultraverse Master Series P02 -given away at the Hawaii conference

Never even seen one...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I have actually picked up a couple of my holy grail cards lately...

Champions in Action sheet 1996 - 5 sports cards, plus Batman, Spiderman, Star Trek 30th, Pocahontas

And the ST Master Series 6 card 1993 National

Still working on the Voyager Gummie and the Mastercard promo

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
The Star Trek Master Series National Sports Collectors Convention was on my list for a long time. I actually found one on eBay about a year and a half ago. I think I paid $15-$20 for it (#0293/7,500). Good luck on your quest!
Chris

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Chris, you may have misread, or maybe I wasnt clear enough Smile

I actually cleared those 2 off my list (I actually have 2 of the National sheet, 1 is in only fair shape however)

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I should really learn to read more carefully!! Big Grin

Chris

Picture of RachelH
posted Hide Post
hi all...

as i am now completely focusing on charmed cards(well apart from CSI), i suppose my holy grail will be the connections p-FOA card. or maybe any of the rarer season 1 promo's.

am bidding on a couple of the ones i havent got on ebay, and am bidding on the charmed gummie card. wont know if i have won this till the morining though, because as much as i want it, i cant stay up til 4 in the morining! but i will be crossing all of my fingers in the hope i do win it. have only wanted it since i heard about it (this afternoon) but now i know its ou there ...i want...i want.. i want!!

Rachel
x x x

Posts: 325 | Location: Walsall UK | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i crossed one of mine of the list, thanks to barobehere Thumb Up

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carlvinson:
I did finally get the Charmed Gummi, and for a great price. $8.00

Well, I won't bid on the one on Ebay currently at $35.00 Eek LOL
Not that I need Charmed promos, anyways. I just 'offloaded' my Charmed collection onto Ebay recently.

What's your promo card holy grail?

I don't have *one* but a couple:
Buffy Season 1 BP2(group pic); Season 4 BM-1; Reflections P2. Tomb Raider PT1.

Knowing my luck I'll probably come across them when I'm not collecting anymore.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I've got to agree - the Buffy Reflections P2 is one I need to complete a Reflections master set (along with the A5).

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I don't know that I'd consider them "holy grail-like"...but i got great deals on the 3 Buffy: Connections parallel promos:

P1-P, I got for around $25
PUK-P, for about $20
P-FOA, which I don't think is as hard to find now, but I picked it up when it first came out for $15

Plus, I just think they're all pretty! Smile

As for ones I hope to find soon(at reasonable cost)....Buffy, season 4 - BM-1, and from season 6 B6-2, the non-foil...i always seem to find the foil version and have had a tough time tracking down a non-foil one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: angelchick182,

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Holy Grail for me is the Buffy Season 6 promo B6-GG.

I hardly see it on ebay Frown

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The only promo on my list is
X-files season 3 P5 TOPPS(The promo card encyclopedia says it was A Philly SHOW eXclusive) but no one will share it with me.

However, I still unoffically need 6 of the 7 sandman silver promo cards and Star trek DS9 RAUKDS9.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Holy Grail for me is the Buffy Season 6 promo B6-GG.

I hardly see it on ebay

Sarah, you could see if Paul Hart still has copies of the first edition of his Gum Guide book for sale - I think the card was in that.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I saw a Gum Guide in Mr Harts eBay store the other day. (said in a non-advertisment way)

Thumb Up

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post