Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I'm with paradoc and promoking, the SW1 Superman promo is my holy grail. I saw one on eBay about 5 years ago, but didn't know enough about the set to actually bid.

It's interesting that there's quite a few other promos that I can't seem to find, but are much more common (eg P1 from Cosmic Teams).

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
NSU
-----

A. 1991 Roxanne Toser Non-Sport Enterprises, Inc
(caption: ) "You have doubles of all the most valuable cards"

NSU Gummie Award Cards:
---------------------------

B. 1994- More Than Battlefield Earth
C. 1996- Lone Ranger
D. 1998- Star Wars Episode 1

Inkworks
------------

E. Witchblade: Season 1 [P-UK]

Rittenhouse Archives
------------------------

F. First Wave [P1]
G. The Complete Deep Space Nine [RAUKDS9]
H. The Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction Cards [RAUKTOL]

================================================

D. I'd spoken to Harris over the phone to renew my subscription just as the issue was being released. He reminded me to send in my ballot, as he hinted I'd really like this particular card, which I suspected was going to be the SW:TPM. I filled out the ballot and thought I'd sent it in. When I didn't receive the Gummie card, I checked with Harris who said he was surprised he had never got my ballot. Then I noticed the sealed, stamped, addressed envelope (with the ballot inside), which had apparrently fallen behind my desk. UGH !!! Shake Head

E. Stupid people at the UK magazine publishing place who threw the promos out instead of putting them on the magazine as it was intended Twak
------------------------------------------------

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is ONE of my Holy Grails. The Thomas the Tank Engine promo set from 1993. I have never seen these on ebay, or for sale anywhere. Very hard to find. I have even searched on Thomas the Tank websites and contacted people who specialize in Thomas collectibles; the latter told me that they never heard of the cards.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe:
H. The Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs and Science Fiction Cards [RAUKTOL]

I now have one of these for trade, picked it up this morning with a load of other interesting bits and bobs off That Auction Site. If you're interested, drop me a line... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davidsix
posted Hide Post
The holy grail promo card would have to be the buffy season 6 Kyh-1 card. I recently tried to obtain one but haven't seen others so I bid to low Shake Head lol..but then again I do that with everything

Posts: 203 | Location: nys | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Ok, have new holy grails - all of the alias hard to get promos for season 3!

My other holy grail is one I'm bidding on - the Alias Gummie.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davidsix
posted Hide Post
Clap Found my Kyh-1 card completing the promos so far that I know of for buffy, now on to the pieceworks

Posts: 203 | Location: nys | Registered: June 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey David,
What is a "Kyh-1 card"?

Any chance of a picture?
Thanks -- Chris Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davidsix
posted Hide Post
Its the same as the Ink-2002 card but was given out at the Hawaii convention and labeled KYH-1.

Picture of davidsix
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by davidsix:
Here is a pic of the back of the card
[IMG]http://home.stny.rr.com/thehalliwells/Kyh Card.bmp[/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: miket999,

Picture of davidsix
posted Hide Post
I give up on trying to post pics here. I will only post on my site since I can't figure this dang thing out..lol

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davidsix:
I give up on trying to post pics here. I will only post on my site since I can't figure this dang thing out..lol

I used the URL you showed, brought up the picture, copied the URL, edited your message, reposted the URL using the IMG button, and it worked fine. The only thing I can suggest is not to put spaces inbetween multiple words in your file name when you save the image initially. That seemed to be where the problem was.

I have this promo too! Thanks for sharing.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of davidsix
posted Hide Post
Thanks miket999, next time I try I will take your advise on not spacing. Thanks!!

Picture of mikzcardz
posted Hide Post
I don't collect Simpsons sets, But I've sold quite a few of the card/cel promos from skybox '93. They are pretty neat.

Here's a link showing both of the parts of the promo:

http://www.mikzcardz.com/simpcel.jpg

Posts: 212 | Location: glenn dale, md | Registered: September 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
The only promos i can think of that i wouldn't mind getting ahold of are the 4 oversized promos (probably postcards) from the Soul Survivor movie - saw that on someone's want list. And over in another promo topic cverdec (i think) posted some images of some Tomb Raider promos that came with one of the Playstation games.

Sure, there's quite a number of promos on my want list, but none that I'd kill for, lol!

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I FINALLY found someone with the C1 Motor City Comicon Promo for DC Master Series!!! This has been on my "Grail List" for about 2 years!

It's in hand and I can scratch this one off! Now if I can only find that Star Wars Galaxy 2 P3 Big Grin and the Galaxy 3 error P6, I could die a happy man!!! Wink

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
my main "grails" are the binder promo cards

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NEMESISBOY
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
The cards i'm after are:-
1 - Alias IS-4
2 - Battlestar Galactica Video Card
3 - Lexx - Suncoast 4 Card Set
It's probably easier to turn lead into gold if anybody can help it'll be a godsend if not back to trawling the auctions and conventions

Posts: 67 | Location: LONDON | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
At the moment it is x-files.

Series 2. P1 and P2.

Series 3. P5.

Anyone have these for trade?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nemesisboy, good luck trying to find those LEXX cards. I have only seen one set in the 3 years since they came out, and that was the one I acquired recently from a fellow collector. The cards are #ed 1 of 4, 2 of 4, etc. and do not indicate in any way that they were released at Suncoast, incidentally, but apparently they were. I have never seen them on ebay.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post