Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    What's your promo card holy grail?
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's your promo card holy grail?
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted
For me it would have to be either the Pro Set Little Mermaid pop-out or the 101 Dalmatians SW1 PetsMart promo. I've actually seen the SW1 card in person (at the Philly show about a year ago), but the price was waaaay out of my budget. Frown

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
At the moment, my[1] most wanted promo is probably the Buffy B6-2 foil variant what appeared in NSU a while back. I got the regular B6-2 in my copy, and I just want the foil version to complete my Season 6 promo set! I keep getting outbid on eBay whenever I see one there!
Behind it is the Buffy Connections P-ukp - which I know I'll never get, with the NSU Gummies I don't already have coming up on the rails.
Au Res.,
Paul

[1] Freudian slip - instead of 'my' I typed 'buy' - tsk!)

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
for me.... Voyager Gummie and MBNA promos

My wife-to-bes grail would be the Lion King Aussie promos

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Quote of the Week:

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Star wars galaxy ser 2 P3 yoda.

Terminator impel unn

Buffy P1-p

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I don't collect many promos, but I would say the Disney Treasures P1 is my holy grail, although right now I would kill for the Midwest Expo Enterprise promo...

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristy
posted Hide Post
I have a few-
1. Buffy BM-1
2. Buffy P-UKp
3. Buffy TSSF P4
4. Buffy Refelctions P3

"How dreary to be Somebody..."

Posts: 1042 | Location: Modesto, CA USA | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say holy grail....

Connections P1-P
Disney Treasures P1

Lessa
http://members.fortunecity.com/smithsonian/

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
that's an easy one

the 7 Sandman silver foils Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
The one im after at the moment is the CSI Miami Error card (Spelling error)

Dave

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Smallville season 1 sountrack promo #3 lex
Followed by Sandman silver foil promos 1 to 6.
I was able to pick up death(7) back when the sandman cards were released. I still have yet to find gold destruction or dream!!!

Mr. OWl, How many licks does it take to get to the center of a toosie roll toosie pop?! Owl-"Let's see-one, two, three! Three!" Hey, you D**N owl, you just ate my toosie pop!

Posts: 5775 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
If I have to pick just one "Holy Grail" card it would have to be the Superman Platinum Walmart promo SW1, man is that a tough one to find.

But I have a few others that are running a close second including:

Speed Racer mail in promo P3
Star Trek Generations New Zealand Exclusive
Star Wars Finest Refractor promo sheet
Star Wars Lays Mace Windu bonus card
Lion King SB1 Superbowl card
Godzilla Inkworks P1 regualr sized recalled promo

I have seen all of these cards except the Speed Racer promo and I"m sure that is as close as I will ever get to these cards. Cool

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted by wolfman-golf:
Star wars galaxy ser 2 P3 yoda.
Terminator impel unn

Same here as of right now.

Mike
Trade List | Want List

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KenBenz
posted Hide Post
Definately, the smaller of the two Upper Deck / Disney Magical Partnership promos! --- I have the larger one and it's lonely ;-)

Ken

Got Cards?

Posts: 301 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I really liked that Star Wars Yoda promo that was shown awhile back. I don't think I'll ever have one but I thought it was beautiful.

A promo that I will have someday is the Charmed Gummi. Actually, I want all the Gummies. Oh yes, they will be mine!

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stevesaunders
posted Hide Post
Back around 1995 I picked up the DC Verses Marvel "Mirage" lenticular motion promo that shows a blended image of Batman & Wolverine. Bought the card from a sports card dealer and paid a nominal amount. Did not know what I had and traded it for some Star Wars promo cards. Would love to have that card back in my collection. When it occasionally shows up on eBay it's usually sold in the range of $75 - $100. Maybe one day I'll bite the bullet and spring for it.

Posts: 13 | Location: North Chatham, MA | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
I have to say my Holy Grail is the Superman SW1.

"Please remove NOSPAM from my email address before replying"

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
I have the Lana Lang Soundtrack Smallville promo coming my way so i need the Lex and Clark ones and in addition to those the following:

Marvel Masterpieces 1994
Promo 4 Card Panel
Top Left Corner contains picture of
-Venom
-Captain America

Galaxy Quest Collectors Cards Set of 9
Spider-Man The Movie Promo 2 of 5, 3 of 5
Star Wars Trilogy Dutch Promos Unn, Two Images (P5 & P6)
Stargate SG-1 Premiere Edition P2

RupT

Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.

Please remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me, TA Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
At the moment, mine would have to be the Disney Hunchback of Notre Dame Cel card put out by Record Town.

I have all of the Suncoast cels, as well as the Bambi Record Town cel, just missing the one. Would be nice to finish the set.

There are many other great promo cards that I would love to have such as the Dalmations PetsMart and the Superman SW1, I just know most of them will remain outside of my reach!!!

Mike. Big Grin

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
Mine would be
Star trek Voyager promo card 0 (giveaway with credit card Ltd to 10,000)
Star trek Voyager gummie award (limited to a 1000)
Star trek Voyager 3 Oversized lenticular cards (dealer bonus)
Star trek Generations 0 (given by mastercard)

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'd die and go right to heaven if I could find the following promos:

Thomas the Tank Engine and Friends--pack of 4 cards (Spectrum, 1993) that say "for promotional use only", or something similar to that, on the backs. I know of two people who have these, but I have never seen them for sale on ebay or anywhere else. I have held them in my hand

Blackball Comics (SkyBox, 1994) Everyone has the extremely common P0 and P00, but I know of only one person who has the P01 and P02. These were given away at certain cons back in the day. The card set itself was cancelled. Again, I have never seen anyone with these for sale. There is a picture of them in Cards Illustrated issue #5, I believe. I tracked down one of the artists and he sent me a scan of a sheet of the cards, but he claims not to have the P01 or P02 laying around

The first poster above mentioned the 101 Dalmations SW1. Three years ago I was surfing the net and I found a Disney collector from Texas who had 10 of them for sale for 50 cents each. Smile

David

Posts: 4711 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post