Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
You can't get away that easily. We all know who BCW really is. Wink

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Raindeer are not know for there strength so why doesn't Santa use Giant Flying Ants to pull his sleigh???

19 pages now. Does anyone know what the record for longest link is???

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
I think they were all on the set of "Bugs life" and "Ants" when that job was listed in the job section!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Now - to honor this thread - a short fiction story with a Halloween theme...

One day a band of so-so musicians went on a backpacking tour of Australia. They were one of those bands whose music you liked, but you were reluctant to admit it. They played a lot of Adam Ant songs and occasionally some U2 standards. The band consisted of Don, Prez, an Englishman named Andrew who prefered to be called BCW, Wendi - the lead singer, and the drummer, named Wolfman.

Midway through their trip across Oz, they decided to pitch their tents close to a small farm. The farmer raised chickens, and the band liked chickens, but the campsite was too close to the railroad tracks, and Wendi hated freight trains, so they decided to hike a few miles down the road and set up camp in a small valley.

Don settled into his sleeping bag for a comfortable night's sleep, but he woke up at sunrise hearing screams of agony coming from the other tents! He suddenly felt excruciating pain in his legs and arms. He looked down and saw hundreds of large red ants, covering him. He began screaming in agony too! Too late, they realized they had set up their camp on a huge nest of Australian Bulldog ants!

From one of the other tents, Don heard the last words of BCW "Damn you Wendi! if you didn't hate freight trains so much, we'd still be back there by the chicken farm!" Then Wolfman shouted " I can't beleive this is still going on!"

They were the last words any of them would ever hear.

The End

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
Raindeer are not know for there strength so why doesn't Santa use Giant Flying Ants to pull his sleigh???

Because ants work hard all year round,storing food etc so they don't have to work at Christmas.

Because of this Santa had to use cheap labour in the form of the lower income workforce and Raindeer were best suited to the job as he didn't have to supply them with winter coats for the cold nights.
Also Rudolf had a light in his nose meaning Santa didn't have to pay extra for torches.

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
LOL. ...ant stories with a Halloween and Christmas theme. Yes, wolfie, this is still going strong.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
I REALLY CANT BELIEVE THIS THREAD HAS 19 PAGES LOL

GOOD JOB GUYS Clap

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER
~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I can no longer respond in this thread as apparently i,ve been eaten. Frown

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i'm sure once we hit page 25 the hole message board will fry Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
If I weren't eaten alive by ants, thanks to that damn Wendi, I'd of asked to be the bass guitarist... Big Grin

Great story Don! Metal

If A Million Monkeys Pounded Away On A Million Typewriters For A Million Years, Would Shakespeare's Work Be Reproduced?

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great story Don Metal

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Just as a thougt, I tried to go to
www.ant.com and
www.ants.com
neither is a website, but both have been registered.

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
Just as a thougt, I tried to go to
http://www.ant.com and
http://www.ants.com
neither is a website, but both have been registered.

What about http://www.killerants.com ?

-----
"In this life there are nothing but possibilities..."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
HAHAHAHA!!! Love it Don!

Another reason I couldn't have been near that chicken farm, cause I eat so much I wouldn't be able to listen to the slaughtering of the chickens.

However, here is an alternative ending...

Don settled into his sleeping bag for a comfortable night's sleep, but he awoke at midnight to a howling noise. What they hadn't realized before was that it was Halloween eve and at midnight the wolfman would turn into a werewolf. A werewolf that fed off of Australian Bulldog ants. Wolfie, saved the lives of the other band members by eating the ants before they were able to eat them. On Halloween Day, the band played better than ever had for a very large party at the queen's castle!

Side Note: At the party, prezkot was discovered by an agent and later went off on his own to become a super famous bass player!

[This message was edited by Wendi on October 22, 2003 at 02:01 PM.]

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the alternative, if somewhat happy ending, Wendi.

However, technically I think you would have to have Wolfman change into a were-aardvark.

Posts: 2912 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
WWHHOOOO Wolfie saves the day. Dance Elephant Sheep Clap

Everyone who,s life i saved owes me some cards. Smile

Mercenary or what. Cool

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
Smile

I'd rather stick with the group, and name them after me... what should it be?

The Prezkots?
The New Prezkots?
Matt Prescott and The Killer Ants?
The Matt Prezkot Band?
The Matt Prezkot Group?
The Matt Prezkot Gang?
The Matt Prezkot Project?
The Matt Prezkot Experience?
Weird Matt Prezkot?
Arizona Matt Prescott?
La Prescaro?
The Prescottles?
The Rolling Prezkots?
The Prezkees?
Prezkot Jam?
P.R.E.Z.K.O.T?
PREZZERP?
The Artist Formerly Known As Prezkot?
Creedence Prescott Revival? (CPR for short)
The Prescotteous Brothers?
MC & The Killer Ant Band?
Norton-Prescott Overdrive?
Ol' Dirty Prezkot?
Prezkot Shock Monkey?
Prezrythmics?
Prescott Twenty?
Prezkot 129?
The Prezkothams?
Red Hot Chili Prezkots?
Prescott At Work?
Matt Prescott & Dawn?
Temple Of The Prescott?
Stone Temple Prescott?
Aeroprescott?
Third Eye Prezkot?
Prescott Starship?
Mighty Mighty Prescotts?
Barenaked Prescotts?
Prescott City Rollers?
Prez Prez Dolls?
Pink Prescott?
Prezkot Loaf?
Fine Young Prezkots?
Prezkot's Midnight Runners?
Three Prezkot Night?
Prezkot Eat World?
Peaches & Prescott?
Simple Prezkots?
Prezkot Heads?
Cornelius Prescott & Sister Wendi?
Doctor Prescott & The Killer Ant Show?
Commander Prescott And His Lost Killer Antmen?

Razz

If A Million Monkeys Pounded Away On A Million Typewriters For A Million Years, Would Shakespeare's Work Be Reproduced?

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
How about Queen C and Dr P

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Can I be a groupie?

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
On our way up north to visit my wife's family, we stopped by the KFC to get lunch (Chicken tie in).
We ordered and ate inside the resturant and then left.
Soon after leaving she said, How did you get in here....talking to the ant.
She got it on a piece of paper and it was just a running around...she kept flipping the paper over and over and it kept running and running.
I told her to put it out the window...she said it was murder. I told her it'll probably live but that it'll never find it's family again...she wouldn't do it. Told her to squash it....no go.
She asked what we should name it..and she said I couldn't name it Fred (I name everything that isn't mine Fred...don't ask me where I got that from...just do)
So I said Frant (Fred + Ant=Frant)
It fell off of the paper trying to escape from us humans.....she picked it up on a piece of cellophane....the ant couldn't run that fast on that...YES, the ant is still in the car....I still can't get her to put it out the window!!
I drive a couple more miles watching the ant run around and then I had enough.....I pulled over and let her put the ant out.

One Ant lives on!!!

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post