Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I'm just worried about BCW. He got 12 cans of beer today, been sitting around in the backyard, sipping beer, and then he was going to attack the ant hill again.

This time, the ants could win...

Fear not Don! The little buggers wouldn't get the better of me, even if I was drunk Smile

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
What happened to our Killer Ant thread??? Has everyone forgotten about it Shake Head

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
forgotten about It? Not hardly.......<EEEG>

kathy warrior counselor

www.geocities.com/warrior_counselor/index.html

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Russell:
What happened to our Killer Ant thread??? Has everyone forgotten about it Shake Head

Don't worry Paul, as long as I keep smoking then I have to go out into the back garden, where I am keeping check of the ants. For as long as they're there, this thread will be kept alive. Metal

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I haven't forgotten. Bugs were in the news in the Chicago area this weekend.
A man mowing his lawn in a Chicago suburb was killed by yellow jackets. He didn't even know they had a nest in the ground.This is the time of year yellow jackets are most likely to swarm.

On a lighter note, viewers of Saturday's Chicago Cub's game could see more activity that usual in the stands as swarms of gnats invaded the ball field. The gnats flew around the filed, and you could tell where they were by the fans waving their arms.

So, gnats will never join the "Killer Insect Club" but they are the first bugs to get on a major league ball game.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
On a lighter note, viewers of Saturday's Chicago Cub's game could see more activity that usual in the stands as swarms of gnats invaded the ball field. The gnats flew around the filed, and you could tell where they were by the fans waving their arms.

So, gnats will never join the "Killer Insect Club" but they are the first bugs to get on a major league ball game.

There's an inventive idea - perhaps if the Cubs can train the gnats to attack the opposing team, they may actually win *LOL* (bad Paul, bad Twak)

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
The gnats flew around the filed, and you could tell where they were by the fans waving their arms.

Reading this suggests that the fans wouldn't normally wave their arms about. Are the games *that* boring? Smile

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Paul, don't be bashing our cubbies Mad

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
Paul, don't be bashing our cubbies Mad

I bash all baseball teams, but the Cubs seem to get it even worse *LOL*

Andrew - between you and me, YES, baseball games are that boring (shhhhh, don't tell anyone).

Regards,

Paul Russell

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
The only time I watch baseball games is when I'm supposed to be cleaning house.....they're that bad <G>

kathy warrior counselor

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Ok, there are no killer ants at the baseball game and there are no baseball games at my castle so...this topic is no longer allowed on this thread (or you will have to deal with Don Wink )

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
ah, but there are ants at my home, and I frequently have to deal with them when I am cleaning. And, to avoid cleaning I watch baseball. So...they are all related. <EEEG>

kathy warrior counselor

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Prezkot
posted Hide Post
wah wah wah... you guys have no penchant for a historic pastime... at least those fruggin Cubs are over .500 this year... we played them the nite those gnats hit the field.

But, everyone believes what they will... alot of people don't like baseball here, especially because of the fast-paced future of sci-fi. But I don't, and I like to take things slower and simpler... Call me a horse, I'll call ya a nag... Big Grin

"I love California, I practically grew up in Phoenix." -James Danforth Quayle

Posts: 1320 | Location: Phoenix | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Perhaps baseball may be enjoyable if there were killer ants on the field. Or, better yet, have penalties. If you take more than 5 second to hit the ball, you have to let a bulldog ant bite you once. If you make an error, you have to sit in a sealed box with a swarm of gnats. Now that's a game I'd actually watch!

Regards,

Paul Russell

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
Ok...I just have to say this. I got in my truck last night to drive home from work and discovered that ants had decided to take up residence in it! I am not happy about this. I think they are trying to get me back for all the spraying I've been doing at home lately. I guess I'll be bombing my truck this weekend......grrrrrrrr!

kathy warrior counselor

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
We have a nice ant trail through the back door of the house and into the garage right now. They're not Bulldogs, but it kills me how resilient these pups are. Sometimes I feel like burning the whole house down to spite the invading beasts.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
There was a huge thunderstorm here last night and the bugs were, literally, coming out of the wood work. Within 5 minutes, I had a moth try to attack my computer monitor and a huge ant stop by to say hello. The ant met my Zippo falling from a great height...splat. I felt like a WWII bombardier Smile

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Before you ask someone to save the world, you'd better make sure they like it the way it is." -- Xander Cage, xXx

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Wanna try something neat?

I had an ant trail leading from my northern bathroom wall (don't ask---I dunno why!), around the molding and underneath the sink cabinet. Thousands of little ants were single file marching in this line to who knows where. I took a pencil and drew several shapes acrosss the path. Major confussion ensued. The little fellas had their trail interrupted and could not smell their way outta it. Then they met the sticky clothes roller and were taken to the trash.

Twak "Thank you sir! May I have another!?"

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Willgull: You're not going to use that roller on your clothes anymore, are you? Wink

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I used to spray lighter fluid down the line, and into their hole, and then light it up. Ah, those were the days...

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post