Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
DCJ & barobehere: I like your ideas Thumb Up I've never thought about it, but there does seem to be a lot of words that have "ant" in them.

Although I'm glad to see the occasional post, I am still saddened that it looks like Don has abandoned the thread Frown

-----
"In this life there are nothing but possibilities..."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
Oh My God !
Page 14 is there no end ?

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
One can only hope... Razz

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
BCW, I didn't drop out of this thread, in fact a couple of Card Talk members today said they really enjoy it.

Yesterday when i arrived at the show, early, I met a collector friend who often trades cards with me. He has just joined Card Talk, but has had little time to go on line or read many posts. He had no knowledge of Killer Ants.

He hands me a couple of cards from the Milwaukee Public Museum, which has sporadically put out a series based on special exhibits over the years.

The cards promote "Bugs Alive". One card has a Walking stick, the other is...

GIANT TROPICAL ANT

commonly called a Bullet Ant, about one inch long and one of the largest ants in the world. They have one of the most painful and venomous stings of all insects.

Truely - a Killer ant.

This card will appear on Card Talk, hopefully, when Harris returns to his computer Sunday night and downloads his pictures. Copies of this card were submitted to Harris for Finders/Keepers, and one was given to Todd for inclusion in the next edition of the Promo Card Guide.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Let's get harris to change the lightbulb to an ant. When the ant is upright(legs on the ground) new topics. When there are no New topics ant is upside down dead.

Go on. All the good quotes are used up. Why are you wasting your time on this one?

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
The cards promote "Bugs Alive". One card has a Walking stick, the other is...

GIANT TROPICAL ANT

commonly called a Bullet Ant, about one inch long and one of the largest ants in the world. They have one of the most painful and venomous stings of all insects.

Truely - a Killer ant.

Cool!

quote:

This card will appear on Card Talk, hopefully, when Harris returns to his computer Sunday night and downloads his pictures. Copies of this card were submitted to Harris for Finders/Keepers, and one was given to Todd for inclusion in the next edition of the Promo Card Guide.

Finally ants may get the recognition they deserve in NSU! Smile

Nice to see you back BTW, Don.

Also, your avatar has stopped working for me - you are currently Ant-Man (in Harris parlance) no more.

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Don,t tell me this thread is still going. Roll Eyes

ants, ants, ants.

there,s one Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
it looke like this ant thread will out live us all Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
This is what will happen if we let the ants run loose. These are truly Killer Ants (click on the "crazy antics" link)

Warning: cartoon violence is involved - view at your own discretion!

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
BCW, reminds me of an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon. Very funny.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
BCW, reminds me of an Itchy and Scratchy cartoon. Very funny.

Yeah Don, it reminded me of Itchy & Scratchy too. Some of the other ones are funny too. I hope I won't get into trouble for this...

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
How about:

Voodoo Killer Chants?

Some people just don't know how to drive...I call these people..."Everybody But Me."
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Trivia for the day:

An ant can survive for up to two weeks underwater.

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
An ant can survive up to two weeks underwater...

but if you hold his head underwater, an ant will stop thrashing about after only 9 days.

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh Smile

the Killer Ants thread

the only thread that is both annoying and immortal

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
quote:
An ant can survive up to two weeks underwater...

but if you hold his head underwater, an ant will stop thrashing about after only 9 days.

How would you hold the little tiny common ant without squishing it first??? And how can you just hold the head under...you'd have to hold the body so you wouldn't see any thrashing...

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
you know that hold the head of an ant underwater means nothing, don't you? Confused

ants breath through their sides

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Meander, Starwolf, I was just kidding. My life is too busy to spend 9 days trying to drown an ant. The most i could spare is 4 days.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many ants it would take to fill a standard-size bath tub? Hmmm... We could have one of those "how many jellybeans in the jar"-type contests.

Send your answers on a postcard to Don Norton...

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Picture of New Wave Dave
posted Hide Post
Post Count +1

Has anybody ever tried chocolate covered ants?

Incase you can't see my Avatar, here it is in all its glory: New Wave Dave

Posts: 362 | Location: CA, USA | Registered: June 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post