Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Time for me to contribute i think Smile

Ants, PAH! I hate em, you should see my lawn, there are more muddy dirt patches than actual grass, mainly because of ants and moles.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Since my incident a few months ago with the invasion of ants, I have not had any problems with them.

Now I have mice.

Yesterday, my wife told me we had a mouse in the kitchen. I checked my traps in the crawl space, the kind with metal bait holders, and they were all still set, but the peanut butter was licked off.

So I went to the hardware store and got the spring traps with the yellow plastic bait holders, and glue traps.

I set the 2 spring traps with peanut butter in the crawl space, and one glue trap on the stove.

Last night, i caught 2 mice in the crawl space in less than an hour before I went to bed. This morning I caught one in the glue trap, and at 5:30, one more in the crawl space, for a new record of 4 in less than 7 hours.

I am the mouse slayer. Into each generation, a chosen one is born...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Into each generation, a chosen one is born...

chosen for what? Confused

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starwolf1001:
chosen for what? Confused

..for making better mouse traps. Wink

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Starwolf -

from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "Into each generation a chosen one is born..."

I would be useless against a full sized vampire, however, I am perfectly capable of killing something less than 2 inches tall.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Mice - they tickle your feet you know.
Au Res.,
Paul (watching fearfully for The Cheese Man) Big Grin

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
Its been awhile.....

And before this becomes a Of Mice & Ants Thread...

Which is greater, the collective weight of all the human beings on Earth or that of all the insects?
—Allan Katz, Seal Beach, Calif.

Humans are easily outweighed by insects: Their biomass is about 29 times greater. We are even outweighed by ants! Ants alone make up 15% to 20% of the entire land-dwelling animal biomass (which includes insects) of the planet. For every one of us, about 200 million insects exist!

The above is from:
Ask Marilyn

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Right own up. Who got this thread going again. Mad Twak Twak Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Some people think this is the dumbest thread we've ever had. It isn't.

Eventually, the Mystery box thread will surpass it, and with good reason. But for now, this is the greatest thread we've ever had. Thanks, Silmapco, for bringing it back.

I will not let this thread be surpassed. This is the greatest topic NSU has ever had. As long as there are ants, there will be postings to this thread. People can't resist. I know in my heart-of-hearts that even Wolfie has an affection for this thread. Long live the ants! And mice, and chipmunks, and all the other pests we've had mentioned here.

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
well why not say "hey im back on teh nsu forum" tahn a post about bulldog ants.

"Begins"

Right, im from the UK, so the biggest ant i have ever seen was the size of a grain of rice Big Grin.

Well last october i went on a backpacking trip to Australia, was fun Big Grin. but back to the ants.

While in erm, Albury, i noticed this massive thing crawling on the wall, and me not liking spiders (i know Australia and me not liking spiders, great place to go), i looked at it was a red bull ant :O i was like WOW look how big it is, probably about the same size as the post now button on this window, maybe like abit smaller, but not much.

Anyway every night these ants would come out from uner the porch/decking out the back, walk in formation along the path, killing all the small black ants along the way, and round the back of the garage and under the gate towards a tree. Every night the same, was funny, untill you were surrounded by them Frown

yeah thats my ant story Big Grin now if you want to go into spiders, mossies and giant dinosaur ostrich birds "Cassowary" i'll be glad to go on Big Grin

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I saw this auction and had to post it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=10868&item=3697668280

I hope it's ok to post a live auction since it is in no card related.

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
2 months! How did we let the ants get buried for two months! Viva las ants!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
when the auction page 1st opened,I glanced quickly and had to do a double-take.mounted and I thought I read perverted oopppsss Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
no, no, no, no, no, No, No, NO, NO, NO!!!!

no more ants Twak

we're never going to get rid of those darn things Roll Eyes

Clown

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Hey Starwolf, Your little green guy dances like he's got ants in his pants Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Stop right there. This thread has been terminated. Twak

Not termited, Terminated, finished, closed, CAPUT. Twak Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
Stop right there. This thread has been terminated. Twak

Not termited, Terminated, finished, closed, CAPUT. Twak Twak

Nope! Big Grin

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Boggle
posted Hide Post
Hey Wolfie,
Try pouring boiling water over it, works on the ants in my back garden.... Big Grin

Pete

"Bored now"

Posts: 271 | Location: Sussex UK | Registered: September 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
So, how long does an ant live? I mean - the exterminator commercial says they live for up to 14 days under water. So how long do they live above water?

Big Grin

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They seem to live forever on here. Twak