Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DisneyChick74
posted Hide Post
I used to play with fire ant when I was 4 and living in Cali my mother came out one day and I was covered from head to toe but because I was so enthralled in what I was doing I didnt notice and try to brush them off therefore they didnt bite me...till my mom came out frantic and started swatting at them lol

OK so we have killer ants...ever hear of Killer ladybugs???
OK so they didnt hurt anything but about 2 years ago my house was COVERED in them it looked like a bad Sci-fi flick lol
they even got INTO the house!
they didnt hurt but man it was freaky...then one day I came home from work and there was not a ladybug to be seen for miles!!!

WHAT??! Did everyone Eat their CRAZY flakes This morning? ~XANDER
~~~WILL WORK FOR CARDS~~~

Posts: 1055 | Location: Cinderellas Castle | Registered: July 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Hey, about 2 years ago, we had a lady bug infestation at work. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen! It must've been one of those 100 year things

Clark: "Chloe, don't you ever knock?"
Chloe: "It's a barn, Clark."
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Shut up with the lady bugs! Smile

This is a killer ant thread (with a little weird imaginary "king of the castle" type thingy thrown in at the beginning).

We only want killer bug stories here! Take your harmless insects stories elsewhere SmileSmileSmile

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
At least they were a swarm of ladybugs and not something else, like locusts, or spiders. Eek
Your home was probably just in their migratory path. Wink

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never interfere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by Don Norton:

My obsession with Killer Ants is inexplicable. I just like the title "Killer Ants". There's no connection to card collecting, unless you include the giant Killer Ants in Mars Attacks!

Weren't there some giant killer ant-like bugs in "Starship Troopers"?

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
There was a typeface called Killer Ants?

Killer Ants Webpage

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
3 month old killed by ants during nap

News Story

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:
Shut up with the lady bugs! Smile

This is a killer ant thread (with a little weird imaginary "king of the castle" type thingy thrown in at the beginning).

We only want killer bug stories here! Take your harmless insects stories elsewhere SmileSmileSmile

Okay, how about this:

Then, a swarm of KILLER ANTS came in, and ate all of the lady bugs, and that's how we finally got rid of them. Thumb Up

Clark: "Chloe, don't you ever knock?"
Chloe: "It's a barn, Clark."
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Has anyone ever had to deal with flying ants? That's right, some of them can fly! When I lived in Wisconsin, they used to fly right into my eyes (and that's every bit as gross as it sounds too)! Eek

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Honestly, this is true, the other day I saw a fly carrying an ant and it dropped it right on our table outside!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
I've seen lady bug swarms. The building I used to work in on the NCSU campus would get it every year. Can't really figure out why, but it is extremely strange looking.

As for the killer ants, I saw another program on TV last night that was talking about another one. It's amazing how many different breeds there are out there.

kathy warrior counselor

www.geocities.com/warrior_counselor/index.html

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
Don,

In case you didn't see it, your new avatar can be found in this thread Big Grin

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Paul, I'm still laughing over the Bulldog ant avatar.

this has been an annoying week at work, so the Killer Ant thread has kept me laughing and I hope some of you have had a good chuckle over these too.

If you want me to stop, I still have my mouse slayer tales and a frozen bees story...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Paul, I'm still laughing over the Bulldog ant avatar.

I couldn't resist the opportunity Wink We should do one viscious animal thread a week... After a year, we'll have enough for NSU to make a special card set - The Killers, as seen on Card Talk *LOL*

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
I like Don's suggestion from another thread...

Regards,

Paul Russell

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
LOL. Paul, how did you make that cover? Wait a minute, I didn't mean to say that you were personally on the cover......

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara C:
LOL. Paul, how did you make that cover?

I just threw some images together in Photoshop...nothing fancy (Harris deserves most of the credit as I scoffed the variant cover from the NSU store).

Regards,

Paul Russell

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
Paul, check the edited version of what I had to say.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara C:
Paul, check the edited version of what I had to say.

Hey, paint me green and I could probably pass for a praying mantis Razz

Regards,

Paul Russell

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Your cover is pretty good Paul. We'll have to run my idea past Harris and see if he thinks it's a good idea..

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post