Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Your cover is pretty good Paul. We'll have to run my idea past Harris and see if he thinks it's a good idea..

I'm sure he'd like it *LOL* Who knows, maybe this is what the non-sport card industry needs - to be tied in with freaky insects Wink

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
AH! Another item from the Bathroom Reader (while studying up on worthless information).

An ant can live for up to 16 years...

..Keeping this thread going I hope.

Twak "Thank you sir! May I have another!?"

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Like Don, this too has now become one of my favourite threads, especially now as we seem to be back on track with killer bugs, not harmless little pretty coloured ones.

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Here's an ant game to play. Enjoy...

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
OK,
So I've found the "Don Norton likes Killer Ants" thread.
4 pages long, containing 62 messages (at time of posting) and yet no-one has even thought to mention the greatest killer ant movie of them all, the classic "Them!" (1954) The first time I saw it, I literally hid behind the sofa...
I vividly remember a man being cut in half by one of these huge mutant ants - (Towering over a house as I recall!)
There's even a Star Trek lionk - both Leonard Nimoy and William Schallert make (uncredited) appearences in the film!

Au Res.,
Paul

Sometimes, one pack is not enough...
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
I’m going to get in trouble with BCW for this Big Grin, but I can’t help trying to get this thread hijacked again. About twenty years ago we had a really hot summer (yes they are that rare here). We were infested with Ladybirds everywhere. One of my nephews who was about 2 at the time was sitting out in the garden playing. We could here a crunch....crunch.....crunch and his mum asked who gave him the sweets?, what was he eating? Well you can guess what he was eating.....! Eek

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
PLEASE, ANTS ONLY!!!!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Unless, of course, it has to do with my castle Wink

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I found a site talking about these ants, and they state that 30 bites can kill a person, and that one type moves by hopping. They can jump up to a foot.
Bulldog Ant

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Russell:

Hey, I read in another thread the the "Buffy" Variant of Non Sport Update, and Killer Bug Review SOLD OUT ! Nice showing for the first issue!

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
What do you think will be highlighted in next month's issue of NSU & Killer Bug Review?

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
Hey, I read in another thread the the "Buffy" Variant of Non Sport Update, and Killer Bug Review SOLD OUT ! Nice showing for the first issue!

The bugs are beginning to take over the world - woohoo Big Grin

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
This is my vote for next month's killer insect:
The Sydney Funnel-web Spider
Males of this large, aggressive, Australian species have the most toxic venom of all spiders.
Painful bites can release a neurotoxin that could kill a person within 15 minutes.

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
HeY....I found a link to a story on how ants will kill trees and other vegetation too.

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF10/1080.html

kathy warrior counselor

www.geocities.com/warrior_counselor/index.html

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
the second edition could have still feature killer ants by talking about one of the other ones such as:

"Army and Driver ants appear to be the most dangerous of the killer ants. Driver ants can reduce a tethered cow to polished bone in several weeks. A few cases of human deaths (inebriated or infant) have been reported. "

kathy warrior counselor

www.geocities.com/warrior_counselor/index.html

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Perfect Blue
posted Hide Post
OMG! I can't belive I missed out the best thread ever!
I origanally avoided this thread as I'm a little scared of ants, but when this thread over flowed into others I had to peep. Top stuff!
Why am I afraid of ants? Well when I was younger I went on a family holiday, and we took a day trip to brown-sea Isle.
Ants where crawlling about every where, and I got bit on the hand by a red one!!! I had a rash and every thing!

*Mike*
It's funny till someone gets hurt.....
Then its hilarious.

Posts: 829 | Location: United kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Heh heh. Just looking on the Fox web site for something and tonight there's a show on called "Bug Attack". See, this thread is spreading everywhere! Smile

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:
Heh heh. Just looking on the Fox http://www.fox.com/home.htm for something and tonight there's a show on called "Bug Attack". See, this thread is spreading everywhere! Smile

And to think, you started the thread...maybe you'll be world famous now!!!

Regards,

Paul Russell

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
This is my vote for next month's killer insect:
The Sydney Funnel-web Spider
Males of this large, aggressive, Australian species have the most toxic venom of all spiders.
Painful bites can release a neurotoxin that could kill a person within 15 minutes.

I like the spiders for issue number two. Well, I like the spider subject. I just don't like to be around any large spider. Large= over one inch.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barbara C:
I like the spiders for issue number two. Well, I like the spider subject. I just don't like to be around any large spider. Large= over one inch.

We could get someone from Australia to obtain a jar full of bulldog ants and toss in a tarantula...they could film it and we'd take a poll who'd win and how long it would last...

A cruel idea, I know Wink

Regards,

Paul Russell