Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
A Heartwarming Tale for Young and Old

It was wintertime, and all the ants in the colony were snug in their nest. Every evening, they all met in the big chamber so they could listen to tales from Old Don, the oldest ant in the nest. He had served with the army in South America, devouring anything in his path along with billions of his fellow killer ants, where he had lost a feeler and 2 legs in a fight with an armadillo. He also had lived among the humans, so he knew a lot and always had great stories. However, he was quite mad.

All the little ants gathered around the front of the crowd, Wendi, BCW, Meander, Wolfman-Golf, and Barbara C (ants don’t have last names, the C was to distinguish her between her sisters Barbara A and Barbara B, and her brother, Barbara D). Some of the older ants were there too, Dobby, Harris, Barobehere, Jessica, and a bunch of ants named Paul.

Tell us a story about the “people with big feet”, said Kesmit.
“Well,” said old Don, “Do you know what tonight is? It’s Christmas Eve.”
“What’s Christmas?” asked Wolfman-golf.
“Christmas is that time of the year when humans are nice to each other. They give each other gifts, have lots of food around the house, and sing songs. They decorate their nests with lights and even bring a real tree inside the house and decorate that. Then, on this night, a delicious looking human named Santa Claus comes to each nest.”
“Who’s Santa Claus?” asked Wolfman –Golf.
“I’m getting to that! Quit flappin’ yer mandibles!” said Don. “Santa Claus is from the North Pole, where no ants live. He travels in a vehicle pulled by flying deer!”

There was silence throughout the crowd, they all knew about the human’s advanced technology, such as bug zappers and popcorn makers, but none of them imagined the humans could make flying deer.

“When Santa comes to each human nest, he gives them presents, and when they wake up in the morning, they open the presents up and are real happy.”

Little Wendi imagined Santa coming to the ant’s nest and giving them candy or a dead grasshopper. As the other ants listened to Don’s story, BCW and Wolfman-Golf scurried off to the entrance to the nest. They went up and dug through the cold white stuff called snow, and when they emerged outside, they saw the most beautiful sight. The people with the big feet had decorated their nest with bright lights, and inside the nest, they could see a tree, also covered with lights and decorations. BCW called down to the others, and soon, many of the ants were milling about in the cool snow, looking at the otherwise plain building, now covered in bright, colorful lights.

“It’s so beautiful” said Jessica to DoubleooSeven and Meander. Just then, from up above, they heard a strange noise. A giant vehicle pulled by eight deer swooped down from the sky and skidded to a halt just a few feet from the awe-struck ants.

Old Don, his head poking out of the hole, shouted “It’s him! It’s Santa Claus!”
“Do you think he’ll have any gifts for us?” wondered Silmapco.
But Santa dismounted his sled and hefting a bag over his shoulder, walked over to the house. He didn’t even see the ants in the snow.

“Quick! “ exclaimed Don, “we have to get his attention – we’ll spell out a message!” and shouting commands to the other ants, they began forming words in the snow.

Santa came out of the house, and as he approached his sleigh, he noticed a teeming mass moving on the pure white snow. In amazement, he watched the mass form into letters, spelling out in the worst penmanship he had ever seen, these words:

MARI CRISMESS

Looking closer, Santa laughed, “Ho ho ho, why it’s a bunch of little ants!” he said. “I think I have something for you in my bag…”

All the ants were overjoyed! Mouseteer hoped there would be a bottle of syrup, Harris wanted a nice piece of dead cricket. Old Don just hoped Santa would put his hand down close to the colony – it had been years since he had tasted human flesh.

Imagine their surprise when Santa turned back with a can of Black Flag Ant and Roach Killer! With extreme prejudice, Santa terminated the entire colony, the loud “ssssssssss” drowning out their pitiful screams for mercy. Santa chuckled “I hate ants.” And before he could even mount his sleigh, the last ant stopped twitching. Their frozen corpses lay in the snow until the spring thaw.

The End

MARI CRISMESS EVERYONE!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
I'm dead!!!????!!! *twitch* *Twitch*
Mean old fat slob.... *twitch* *Twitch*

Wait A minute---I'm Posting.....Yes!! Card Talk has Brought me back to life!!!!
Come on fellow Ant kin....Hurry and post and you too shall live to trek to the north pole for revenge!!!!

BTW---Cool Story... Smile Wink

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Many thanks for the story Don Thumb Up Very entertaining. I was expecting a happy ending, but I should have remembered that Santa is evil.

-----
"In this life there are nothing but possibilities..."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
I was wondering when this topic would resurface, and you brought it back with a bang Don. Thumb Up Good work. Wink

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I guess I was bad 'cause TWS didn't make the story. He was an evil ant that TWS and wasn't allowed to join in the ant games..Booo Hoo That's alright..

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
You were there TWS, you were the second ant from the right in the final scene, your line consisted of "AAAAAAAAEEEEIIII!"

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
You were there TWS, you were the second ant from the right in the final scene, your line consisted of "AAAAAAAAEEEEIIII!"

I thought that was him. See Tom , you made the story. Big Grin

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
And he was Late again!!! Wink Big Grin

Posts: 706 | Location: Over, The Rainbow, VA | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Meander:
And he was Late again!!! Wink Big Grin

Always late....At least I'm consistant...That's okay Don...I know that TWs wasn't in the story...Someday there will be a story about the Evil Ant-TWs! Scrooge Ant-TWS! Bah Humbug! Mad

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I'm not dead!! I am as alive as this thread!! Great story, Don! Big Grin (except for the Raid,that was sad) Shake Head

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
Great story! Thumb Up

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I was smart enough to stay in the nest. More food for me this winter! Big Grin

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
I was smart enough to stay in the nest. More food for me this winter! Big Grin

That's why your the House Ant? Poor Wendi she's dead! Frown

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
That definately was not Santa Claus.... must have been his evil twin Satan Claus Big Grin

Thanks for the story and making it 24 pages - proof you just can't keep a good ( or bad ) ant down. Thumb Up

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
All the little ants gathered around the front of the crowd, Wendi, BCW, Meander, Wolfman-Golf, and Barbara C (ants don’t have last names, the C was to distinguish her between her sisters Barbara A and Barbara B, and her brother, Barbara D

I must tell my brother he's had a sex change. Wink Santa was very bad to those ants.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
That was beautiful Don! It brought a tear to my eye. (Or was that the Black Flag fumes? Wink)

Simba: "You're so weird."
Scar: "You have no idea." ~ The Lion King

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great story Don Clap

Certainly had a good chuckle

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
How small would an Mousey Ant be? Wink

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Meander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
How small would an Mousey Ant be? Wink

Doesn't matter---you'd STILL be able to here the sqeak!! Wink

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
That was beautiful Don! It brought a tear to my eye. (Or was that the Black Flag fumes? Wink)

LOL. Yes, those fumes are killers.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post