Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted
I've just been out into the back garden to kill an ant hill and now I'm sure I can feel them crawling all over me. My feet and legs are itchy, although there's nothing there. Psychosomatic, or what?

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I get ant hills every year, hate them!!!!

Dazinon is the best stuff!

I always feel like they are all over me too

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
Wendi, do you realise we're like the King and Queen of the Chatter forum Big Grin Long may we rule this realm of inconsequential banter and frivolity

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Consider yourself lucky!

The black bulldog ant of Australia and Tasmania can kill a person!

Twak "Thank you sir! May I have another!?"

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
Consider yourself lucky!

The black bulldog ant of Australia and Tasmania can kill a person!

How big is that ant?

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Heck, I dunno! I only get my information from Uncle Johns Bathroom Readers! Loads of worthless information in them!

Twak "Thank you sir! May I have another!?"

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:
Wendi, do you realise we're like the King and Queen of the Chatter forum Big Grin Long may we rule this realm of inconsequential banter and frivolity

If y'all are the King and Queen, can I be a prince???

Razz

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I don't want to be a queen, it sounds too ruling, I would much rather be a princess.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendi:
I don't want to be a queen, it sounds too ruling, I would much rather be a princess.

Some people... you just can't please them Wink

BTW, Paul I'll let you be the court jester at best. Take it or leave it Big Grin

-----

Buffy/Angel collector?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Oh, court jesters get to wear funny hats!!! Wink Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BCW:
BTW, Paul I'll let you be the court jester at best. Take it or leave it Big Grin

Fine, be that way *sniff* I'll just amass an army and storm your castle *LOL*

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Don't touch that please, your primitive intellect wouldn't understand things with alloys and compositions and things with...molecular structures." -- Ash, Army of Darkness

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Paul, please don't do that, I am the princess in that castle!

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Wendi, Paul, BCW, we are getting way off topic here. The original subject was "Killer Ants". I want to hear more about Killer Ants please, and less about your various roles in your imaginary kingdom.

More "Killer Ants"!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
There was this really bad made for TV movie from the late 70's/early 80' starring Robert Foxworth and Suzanne Somers about Killer Ants that attack a community after greedy developers bulldoze their anthill. I think it was called "It Happened at Lakewood Manor."

Oh, and I'd enjoy being the court jester.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
As long as there are no killer ants in my castle Wink

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Glad to see we have worked Killer Ants back into this thread. I want to hear everybody's Killer Ant stories.

The Australian Bulldog ant mentioned by Willgull sound interesting. Can we get one of our Australian members to relate any Australian Bulldog Killer Ant stories?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Don, just for you...

Empire of the Ants (1977)
Sleazy scam artist Joan Collins tries to sell phony real estate deals down in the Florida everglades. What she and her unsuspecting buyers don't know is the area has been taken over by giant ants!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Those "giant insect" movies always give me the creeps. Eek

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Legion of Fire: Killer Ants! (1998) (TV)
A hive of South American, killer ants has been lying dormant in Alaska for ten years until seismic activity causes subterranean warming, awakening the ants. While many residents of Burley Pines, Alaska are being eaten alive, a small group races to survive and to find a way to stop the ruthless ants.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Antz (1998)
A rather neurotic ant tries to break from his totalitarian society while trying to win the affection of the princess he loves.