Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Don,t forget the Greatest Ant film EVER! "THEM"

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Paul, another UK Paul (Paul Bines) mentioned Them back on page 4 or so, but you are right, the first and best killer ant movie, i think this one could be remade. I also recall one with giant grasshoppers called the Day the World Ended, or Beginning of the End, anyone remember this one? Peter graves wasin it.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Nobody has mentione "ANTY" from Honey I Shrunk the Kids. Sure was neat watching him get the kabosh from that small scorpion.

Twak "Thnak you sir! May I have another!?"

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Sorry about that, Yesterday was the first day I looked at this thread and I didn't realise it was 7 pages long. I was replying the to bottom of Page 1.

I remember a great old Dr. Who Episode when there was an attack by Giant Maggots, aound 5 foot long i think.

Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
This morning as I was driving my mother in law to charlotte, I happened to look at the dash and catch sight of, yes, you guessed it, an ant. After erradicating them in my truck last weekend, I guess they moved to her car.......resilient little buggers aren't they!

kathy warrior counselor

www.geocities.com/warrior_counselor/index.html

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
You remember that ant I mentioned yesteday? Well as I got into her car to drive home last night I discovered a whole trail of them. I followed it and found an entire colony of ants living in the rubber molding around the door! They met up with a popular brand of home pest control and were dead shortly there after.

kathy warrior counselor

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
COOL ANTS!

kathy wc

kathy warrior counselor

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Ants caused the eastern black-out. Big Grin

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Bernie...
Collect what you need and trade what others need.

If you would like to view my want/have lists,then go to my trading site at the following.

http://community-1.webtv.net/bgarza/SpiderGoblins/

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:
Ants caused the eastern black-out. Big Grin

Hmmm... interesting theory. Obviously the yanks got the power turned back on before they could gather their forces for a full scale ant attack on New York.

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
Ah yes...that's it! A few solitary ants in the wrong place on the grid and <bzzzt!> there goes the power!

kathy warrior counselor

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Computers were down all day yestereday at work, they called it a worm, but I know it was the ants....

Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The legend of the killer ants continues...

The idea about ants trying to take over New York is a bit too far fetched. The roaches who own New York would never allow it.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Paul Russell
posted Hide Post
I can just see a matchbox full of killer ants paddling their way over the falls and infiltrating the plant at Niagra *LOL*

Regards,

Paul Russell

"Before you ask someone to save the world, you'd better make sure they like it the way it is." -- Xander Cage, xXx

Posts: 1242 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: June 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of carlvinson
posted Hide Post
I just found an interesting article on killer tree ants. They live on a certain plant, and to make sure the plant thrives they kill all other vegetation around it. Pretty amazing.

Killer tree ants

Posts: 627 | Location: Corning, California | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Every time I think this thread is gone, it gets sucked back in!!!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Killer ants are a timeless subject that we all need to be informed on.

The next time you wake up after snoozing over an anthill in a lawn chair, and you find that voracious killer ants have already stripped you of half your flesh, your first thought will be "Why didn't i pay more attention to Don's killer ant thread when I had the chance?"

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Actually, your first thought may be "Ow!"

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
I'm leaning more toward the "ow" part myself.....

kathy warrior counselor

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Last time I was stripped of my flesh, I think it was OW! that came to mind first...

Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post