Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Since I reopened this thread, am I the Lord of the Ants this year???

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
DO you want to be? I simply cannot believe that Harris, the man I look to as my compass of sanity, has gotten pulled into this 31 page Ant thread -- What is this world coming to???

Smile Confused

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
DO you want to be? I simply cannot believe that Harris, the man I look to as my compass of sanity, has gotten pulled into this 31 page Ant thread -- What is this world coming to???
Smile Confused

Ant Joke

What malady does a twitchy any have? Ant tics

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Since I reopened this thread, am I the Lord of the Ants this year???

Unfortunately, I believe that title will always be bestowed upon Don - a true stalwart of the Killer Ant thread right from the beginning.

And of course, second in line is Wolfie who I know secretly loves this thread Big Grin PMSL.

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I ANTicipate it,s demise with relish. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Hehe - I'm glad this is reopened! I love everybody's ANTics

Ok ok - groan that was bad!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

I think ants with relish sounds great! Maybe a new ballpark treat?

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfman-golf:

I think ants with relish sounds great! Maybe a new ballpark treat?

I think it might be featured at the new Philadelphia stadium. Big Grin

Ant Joke

Apparently, the Terminex advertising executive is a huge Motown fan, considering the new slogan:
Ant No Mountain High Enough.

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of aagranata
posted Hide Post
I've never posted to this thread yet, so....here it is.

Posts: 822 | Location: Spanaway, WA | Registered: May 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
With all the nice weather here - Ant season is approaching!!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
well....i sort of did a nice thing for the ants yesterday Smile

i found some old trail-mix in the cupboard and instead of throwing it out, i took it for a walk Wink.

went out into the field, found some ant hills and scattered the trail-mix around their hills Big Grin

hey, waste not, want not Thumb Up

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aagranata:
I've never posted to this thread yet, so....here it is.

Uh... Thanks for your contribution. Wink

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Ok folk, gather up your ants! My wife watches american idol, therefore, I watch american idol.

I want all of us to gather up as many ants as possible and send it to the red head kid-john Stevens. Maybe they will put us out of ever hearing from him again!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
i've never seen one episode of American Idol Confused

or 24, or Alias, think i've seen 2 episodes of ER if that helps Wink

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AdyCarter
posted Hide Post
no we should gather up many ants and said them to the moomins that create these programs

Posts: 226 | Location: York, UK | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The Killer Ant Thread is back in business my friends.

The last couple of weeks I have noticed large black ants near the house and a couple had found their way inside. Today I took half a day off from work and found lots of them in the kitchen. I killed maybe 20 or so.
This evening I got home from a meeting and my daughter said there were more ants in the kitchen.

There were hundreds of them.
I opened up a cabinet and they fell out. I began slaying them and spraying them. I have a glue trap in one cabinet with 30 ants stuck to it. The space near our back door, which now shall simply be known as the "killing field" has at least 40 large black corpses arrayed in various poses of agony.

Everything is out of the cabinet, some stuff we threw out. The odd ant still tries to make a break for it. I must have killed over a hundred, by crushing, spray, glue trap, and drowning. My wife has already forbidden me to use fire. Darn.

Let the ant tales of horror begin...

- Donny the Pismire Slayer

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
This is just plain weird, as on the way to work this morning I came across something (see below) and thought "I must post this in the Killer Ant thread when I get to work"...

Firstly, thanks to Don for his story of Ant Slayage. Always nice to see the killer bugs getting their just desserts...

Anyway, on to my story...

I was merrily walking along smoking a cigarette when I looked down on the ground and saw the BIGGEST beetle I have ever seen. This sucker was about 2" long and not being used to seeing so big a beast in England, I was taken aback. It had somehow managed to get onto its back and it was just lying in the pavement wiggling its grotesquely oversize legs in the air. Now, I had two options here:

1. Stamp on that sucker and put it out of its misery (and also stop it from going on to terrorise smaller bugs, which it undoubtedly would do as it looked like a bit of a bully)

or

2. Roll it over onto its front and let it go on its merry little way (just as I was doing going to work).

Well, I chose the second option (mainly due to not wanting giant beetle guts on the bottom of my shoe), so gently using the tip of my shoe I rolled Bug Beast over and off it scuttled under the fence of the nearby rugby ground.

As it scuttled away no doubt to get up to no good, I realised I should have captured this beast on film using the camera on my mobile phone. If only I had thought quicker...

So that's my "Killer Bug" story. I would have started another thread, but I sure Harris would have banned me from the board (with Wolfie pushing strongly for my dismissal too).

On the ant side, we do have lots of those little suckers crawling around outside. I always give them a loving glance while having a cigarette at work, thinking about this thread. So far they have yet to invade my new flat. I pity the ant who tries. For I, like Don, will take great pleasure in extinguishing their little killer lives...

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This morning I stepped out my front door and there were hundreds of ants swarming my recycle bin. They were climbing up the wall and were everywhere.
I ran to the the ant and spider spray and with my trusty sidekid(my son) at my side. We took turns spraying the ants!
Die, ants, Die!

Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
Eek
never realized we had so many mass murderers on our website Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Ok, this is not about ants but we have another problem...a chipmunk!!!
We think it is just one but maybe there are many and we just think it is the same one. He keeps running back and forth on our deck. If we are sitting on the deck then he decides to run back and forth under the deck. A friend of mine told me a way he caught a chipmunk so we set the trap last night. You put a bucket of water with peanuts floating on top. Then you take a board and make a ramp up to the top of the bucket with a few peanuts leading a trail to the top. The chipmunk is suppose to jump in the bucket and drown. I will let you know if we catch him.

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post