Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
all I can say is caulk gun....<EEEG> then watch them scramble to find another way home. <EEEEG>

kathy warrior counselor

www.geocities.com/warrior_counselor/index.html

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Is no one being attacked by ants today? We must keep the thread alive! Protect the Queen!! Razz

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
My kids keep saying they have ants in their bedrooms, upstairs and we have never had ants up there before.

The reason - cookie crumbs!
We are looking into the possibility of:

1. No cookies in the bedrooms

2. Softer cookies that produce less crumbs

3. More ant traps.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Our rule in the house is no food or drinks anywhere but the kitchen (with the exception of popcorn during a movie in the living room)

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
My kids keep saying they have ants in their bedrooms, upstairs and we have never had ants up there before.

It could just be your avatar making them "think" there's ants, Don Smile

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Is this the end of the Killer Bulldog ant thread!?

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Charstar
posted Hide Post
Well for no reason that I can find I do see a stray ants walking on my computer desk. I just hope there not living in my computer! Eek Eek

Sometimes a best friend that doesn't talk back is a good thing!!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Huntsville, AL | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
nope....the killer bulldog ant thread will not die!

kathy warrior counselor

Posts: 708 | Location: Burlington, NC | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

No ants in the kitchen anymore, but we've got ant traps all over the place. No ladybugs, mosquitos, it looks like the killer inscets are on vacation.

So... let's talk about Wendi's castle...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, did someone ring?

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
So, I had ants in my kitchen this weekend! Thanks a lot Don!

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Well, here is more information to keep the thread alive for a bit longer........courtesy of Uncle Johns 4 Ply Bathroom Reader

In medieval times, it was thought that ants in the house were a sign of good luck and abundance

Chinese farmers use ants against pests. A large colony can capture several million insects a year

ANT FARMS

The technical name for an ant farm is a Formicarium

The ant farm is an enduring product; over 12 million farms-containing more than 360 million ants-have been sold so far.

All the ants supplied for the ant farm are female

If an ant dies in the farm, the live ants carry away the dead ant to the north-eastern corner of the farm. If the farm is rotated to a new direction, the pallbearers march into action again, digging up the dead ants and reburying them in the new northeast corner.

There are an estimated 1,000,000,000,000,000 ants on Earth

..and on it goes!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I had ants in the sun room where the cats bowls are. Ants everywhere! On the rug, in the cat's foo bowls, in the cat's water bowls!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
I had ants this morning in the kitchen. There was a trail from the window to the sink. Yesterday, the drenching rain must have drawn them into my house. Frown

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I am helping my dad sell one of his houses and during an inspection they told him he had carpenter ants (those big black ones)!!!! YUCK! Somehow I blame this thread Wink Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
We've solved the ants in the catfood bowls problem.....we use glass bowls and "float" the ones containing food inside a larger one that has water in it (not the cats water bowl another one). The result is a moat like effect that the ants can't cross. The only problem is that when the food starts to run low, the bowl actually does start to float.....

kathy warrior counselor

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
"moat"...

I have one around my castle Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
lol! That you do! Smile

kathy warrior counselor

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
i haven't been paying too much attention to this thread, work has been keeping me busy, but i thought of an ant related work story.

i used to work in an office with 2 women. One day we became aware that we ants all over the office. i found a pile of yogurt covered raisins under one woman's desk, which she had dropped there days before. I said we had to spray something on the ants, and while I went to the maintenance dept. to see if we had some Raid or something, my other co-worker began spraying the only thing we had, spray adhesive, all over the floor, gluing the dead ants to the now sticky surface.
It took a day or two to clean that mess up.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of kathywc
posted Hide Post
ROFL! That sounds like something one of my coworkers would do!

kathy warrior counselor