Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 43
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer ants
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I have to post this just to see if I can be the trouble maker to get to page 11! Big Grin

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Yippie! I did it!

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
ooohh now there'll be trouble Angel

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
Harris and Wolfie, please don't leave, my post wasn't ant related, from now on I will be good, I promise! Wink

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Due to the negligence on the part of Wendi two shoes we are off. Wave

And it,s all her fault. Frown

Oh, by the way,

Congrats on 600 posts. Dance Elephant Sheep Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
Due to Don's confession that he is not an ant lover, or even an ant liker for that matter, I will not be posting to this thread any more. I feel like my leader has betrayed me. Frown

Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Dobby - this thread is about KILLER ANTS! Nobody should like ants that kill. They are bad.

We need more horror stories about ants invading cars, exotic ants of other countries that can take down a man in 5 bites...

Humorous tales of ant antics and funny ways to destroy ants are welcome too...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
They kill because they care. We should love them even with their shortcomings.

Marriage is the process of finding out what kind of man your wife would have preferred.
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/
http://www.geocities.com/space_cards/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
I don't like ANY ants. Ever since I saw "THEM" and saw what they really looked like, YYuucchh! They're fargin' alien looking.

Even though it contravenes my own self-imposed version of cross-species Geneva Code, I kill ants whenever I have the chance. Mow them down in droves. I'm like the Stalin of the ant world.

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
11 pages Frown

all about ants Frown

I'VE tried to kill it, but it did no good Frown

don't you just love it Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorChristmasJones:
Even though it contravenes my own self-imposed version of cross-species Geneva Code, I kill ants whenever I have the chance. Mow them down in droves. I'm like the Stalin of the ant world.

That's a very psychopathic line you take there DCJ. I sure hope I never run into you at a Hallowe'en party when I'm dressed as an ant! Wink

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Wasn't the movie "THEM" the screen dubut of James Arness? It did have Nimoy in it, I am quite sure!!!

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I had to join in the fun instead of just lurking - sorry! Big Grin

Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Welcome to our crazy corner of Card talk Jessica - may I add i love your avatar.

Willgull, I think James Arness made his debut in "The Thing" which was in 1951, as a vegetable monster.
"Them" came out in 1954, and starred james Whitmore, James Arness was also in this film.

Trivia time: which actor is James Arness's brother?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
You know what this thread needs? Raid.

(Sorry, that was the best I could do. Wink)

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Welcome to our crazy corner of Card talk Jessica - may I add i love your avatar.

That's why I'm hosting for Jessica.

quote:

Trivia time: which actor is James Arness's brother?

Wasn't it Peter Graves?

-----
"Who knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes, they just appear."

Buffy/Angel collector?
http://www.buffycards.co.uk

Posts: 1847 | Location: London, UK | Registered: August 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you!! It is the lovely Siouxsie Sioux.

quote:
That's why I'm hosting for Jessica.

BCW ROCKS!! Metal Thank You!! Smile
Hey! I still haven't forgotten to email you those pics of Traci Lords I took, I've been to lazy to develop them. Big Grin

Ok, here's an ant related thing - you know those really small ants that get everywhere (I hate them, by the way!!) I don't know why, but my mother has always called them pissants. Has anyone heard of that??

See - I can contribute Big Grin

Jessica

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Yes, Peter Graves is James Arness's bro.
Peter Graves also starred in the killer bug movie about giant grasshoppers, "The Beginning of the End"

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Well, if you can't kill 'em, join 'em! Wink

No one has mentioned A Bug's Life - I love that film! Like all Pixar productions, it is very colorful. But ants are the good guys and grasshoppers are the bad guys.

And why do ants like bathrooms? We been trying to get the little buggers out of our tub for years. Nobody eats in there... Confused

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." ~ Walt Disney

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kesmit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willgull:
Wasn't the movie "THEM" the screen dubut of James Arness? It did have Nimoy in it, I am quite sure!!!

No and Yes.
James Arness debut was in 1947 according to imdb.
Nimoy was in Them in a bit part - can't say I ever noticed him though,must pay more attention next time it's on.

Kevin

Rufus: Very basic strategy. If your enemies know where you are then don't be there!

Posts: 668 | Location: Kent,UK | Registered: March 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post