Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up a lot of 18 diff Valvoline promo cards from 1994 for a mere $ 4.00

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just received the 4 autographed piece work cards from veronica Mars season 2. Cost $40, so pleased with that Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Just received the 4 autographed piece work cards from veronica Mars season 2. Cost $40, so pleased with that Smile

And well you should be. Thumb Up

You don't say which 4 you got, but when I look at the BINs for those signed pieceworks nobody is going for $10 each. I remember that I paid upwards of $50 for Charisma Carpenter years ago.

Did you buy them from someone in the UK? Since you are quoting dollars I would think not. I ask only because I do see some really nice card deals from UK sellers from time to time, more so than US sellers just on average. I can't take advantage of them from my end of it though. I have often wondered if its because of a lack of interest or less information on US TV shows. Anything mainly British, like Bond or Harry Potter or LOTR, is priced either in a similar range or sometimes higher due to greater demand for actors less known internationally.

Either way, it's a super deal on good looking cards. Congrats.

Just looked it up in the guide, I only see 4 AUPW in Season 2. You mean to say you got them all, including the Carpenter, for $40. That is epic. Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Yes, I got them from a UK dealer, they purchased most of the inkworks stock. They often sell in $. I wasn't particularly looking for the cards but found them whilst looking for some other cards.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
One of my best (few years ago) :

The dual costume card C13 Fred and George Weasley (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phenix" Update) and the dual costume C15 Slytherin & Gryffindor (same collection) :

for 0,99 $ each card !!

(Sorry for the bad pictures.)

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
very nice and the price is superb. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Thank you Wolfie. Smile

I think I mostly had a STROKE of luck ! Wink

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As a prelude to everybody's pulls from Elementals here are two Luro Hersal AP's I won on Ebay a few weeks ago that just came in the mail. $22.72 for the Witchcraft and $20.49 for the Spellcasters Eek Dance .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I snagged 2 sets of Star Trek The Starfleet Collection (6 Card Set - 3 of those are Holograms)
I haven't had a set since 1993.

these were in Specially Marked Boxed sets of the 1st Six Movies on VHS.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
I'm sort of undecided whether this goes into one of my top eBay buys or not, as it's the second most expensive single card I've purchased, but I picked up Bryan Singer's autograph from the first X-Men set recently for £65. I still cringe a bit at paying that much money when I'm usually pretty strict on my budget, but honestly I had long written it off completely as a card that I'd even find within my price range, let alone win. So, pleased Smile

I mean, I've still written off getting his even scarcer X2 card, but just one is fine!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
I'm sort of undecided whether this goes into one of my top eBay buys or not, as it's the second most expensive single card I've purchased, but I picked up Bryan Singer's autograph from the first X-Men set recently for £65. I still cringe a bit at paying that much money when I'm usually pretty strict on my budget, but honestly I had long written it off completely as a card that I'd even find within my price range, let alone win. So, pleased Smile

I mean, I've still written off getting his even scarcer X2 card, but just one is fine!

He's also got a Star Trek auto.
http://www.nslists.com/stnemexp.htm

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:

That is an AMAZING price for that card, so stop cringing! I think you'd never get it better than that. Well done. I love hearing of finds like these even if I wish they were mine! Thumb Up

PS. Yours looks nicer than the one from X2.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Love those Star Trek cards Kryten, particularly the crew shot from Undiscovered Country.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Love those Star Trek cards Kryten, particularly the crew shot from Undiscovered Country.

Totally Stole them... 2 sellers were trying to move the VHS Tapes...... LOL.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Latest Buy....

Mrs. Toser confirmed 20 or less Released.
Jeff Allender has it at 16 or less on his Checklist

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Latest Buy....

Mrs. Toser confirmed 20 or less Released.
Jeff Allender has it at 16 or less on his Checklist

Great pickup! Those Machete cards are RARE.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are also 2 different Lohan autos from the Machete set, which you regularly see go for $100-200.

Also, a few unsigned auto cards from the set, by the other actors in the film. See Jeff Allendar's checklist for details.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Also, a few unsigned auto cards from the set, by the other actors in the film. See Jeff Allendar's checklist for details.

I have them all. Got them on the auction site a long time ago for a song. Haven't seen any since, no clue how many exist.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Jeff lists these as the Machete autos, signed and unsigned

Lindsay Lohan as April Booth (habit)

Lindsay Lohan as April Booth (dress)

Michelle Rodriguez as Shé [unsigned]
Don Johnson as Von Jackson [unsigned]
Danny Trejo as Machete [unsigned]

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just received a Wonder Woman DVD with 4 trading cards - a Sainsbury's exclusive - for £8.00. That's £2.00 less than the physical store, and to top it off, post free!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post