Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You made me look in my binder! I have number 147.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one is 133/200

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just received a Freddie Highmore - Bates Motel Auto, paid £13.50. Considering the work he has done (Spiderwick chronicles, Charlie & Chocolate Factory, Bates & The Good Doctor) I think that is a good price.

Very Pleased

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Hammer, very nice pull !! Thumb Up Thumb Up

Congrats ! It's great for you. Clap

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Just won a Henry Cavill autograph card from Cryptozoic's Super Heroes & Super-Villains set for $315 USD (numbered 13 of 25)! Still expensive but considering these have sold for over $500 USD in the past, it's still a bargain.

Now if I could only get the Gal Gadot card for the same price...

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just realized I got a great deal on an Outer Limits: Sex, Cyborgs & Science Fiction (2003, Rittenhouse Archives)
P1 (showing the eye floating over a beach on the front). This is the rare P1 variant PCE2008 notes as not saying "Sex, Cyborgs & Science Fiction" on the front and back. It was never officially released and near-impossible to find at the time but some have appeared on the market over the years. I found one for about $7 a couple of years ago. I thought the range for that one was maybe $35-75 at the time so it was a great enough deal at that but one sold last month for just over $100. There's usually at least one for sale online but the sellers tend to fish for the desperate, offering it for well over $100 but I haven't seen any takers over the past few years.

Jess

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I remember looking high and low for that card too.
Never did find one though, so good deal!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got a Supernatural Season 2 P2 last week .
It was in a lot when broken down it cost $2.50 ,as this card has eluded me for years to me it is nearly my grail card.
HAPPY AS

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Piko,

I didn't know there was a P2 for that season or any season. Do you know how it was distributed?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I got a Supernatural Season 2 P2 last week .
It was in a lot when broken down it cost $2.50 ,as this card has eluded me for years to me it is nearly my grail card.
HAPPY AS

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I dont know but as being a P2 i would say it was general distribution as all others in the three series are numbered with the show initials.
I remember when Promoking had his large promo giveaway the winner selected the Supernatural season 2 P2 as their special card.
But in my opinion a rare card as I have had it on my watchlist for a number of years and this one never came up as it was only described as Nine mixed Supernatural promo cards I was lucky to see it

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:

I remember when Promoking had his large promo giveaway the winner selected the Supernatural season 2 P2 as their special card.

Hi ! It was me, the winner of last summer. Smile

The card was Supernatural Season 2 P-UK (it's promo card U.K. distribution) and it was really very, very difficult to find it.

Piko, you got it $2,50, it's a very good deal ! Congratulations !! Clap Clap

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I somehow got confused the card that I got was P-UK not P-2 as there is no P-2 sorry for the mistake
Thanks for sorting that out Piper when you got that card I was quiet jealous of you lol.
Another card I am finding hard to get is Shrek 3 promo S3-3 only seen one for sale bout 4 or 5 tears ago but missed it no more since

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Well, I didn't think it at the time but I guess paying $165 for the Scorpion King A1 card (Rock)turned out to be a pretty good deal.

I believe this is my first card that has broken the $1000 line for resale.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Wow, I wish I could remember what I paid for mine.
It was nowhere near one grand though, that's for sure!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It just cleared the $500 level last fall. When did it go for $1000?

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Well, I didn't think it at the time but I guess paying $165 for the Scorpion King A1 card (Rock)turned out to be a pretty good deal.

I believe this is my first card that has broken the $1000 line for resale.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Jess

Hey Jess,

The Rock's Scorpion King A1 sold June 2nd on eBay. The price was $3,000, but Best Offer was accepted. Still can't find the actual sale price. This card was encapsulated and certified by PSA, but I don't see a grade on the slab.

The Rock's A7 from The Mummy Returns sold on eBay for $2,026 in mid-July.

I don't know if those are exceptions or they are reflective enough of demand to reset the market, but the cards are limited and Dwayne Johnson is the biggest money making actor for a few years now. No autograph card is worth that much Big Grin , but if you are going to accept that any card is worth whatever will be paid, then they are not bad choices to be in the top tier. Just as good, if not better than, Harrison Ford and Robert Downey Jr or even Gal Gadot, although that last one might be mixing apples and oranges. Wink

My only issue is that these cards have his old screen name of the time, which is an authentic autograph without being his true signature. If we ever got a Dwayne Johnson autograph in some new set it should come out breaking records.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Sure is a lot of dough available between a Rock and a hard Iron place.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

The card on Ebay went for $1450. That's quite a jump in less than a year.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...em&item=333225332598

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Jess

Hey Jess,

The Rock's Scorpion King A1 sold June 2nd on eBay. The price was $3,000, but Best Offer was accepted. Still can't find the actual sale price. This card was encapsulated and certified by PSA, but I don't see a grade on the slab.

The Rock's A7 from The Mummy Returns sold on eBay for $2,026 in mid-July.

I don't know if those are exceptions or they are reflective enough of demand to reset the market, but the cards are limited and Dwayne Johnson is the biggest money making actor for a few years now. No autograph card is worth that much Big Grin , but if you are going to accept that any card is worth whatever will be paid, then they are not bad choices to be in the top tier. Just as good, if not better than, Harrison Ford and Robert Downey Jr or even Gal Gadot, although that last one might be mixing apples and oranges. Wink

My only issue is that these cards have his old screen name of the time, which is an authentic autograph without being his true signature. If we ever got a Dwayne Johnson autograph in some new set it should come out breaking records.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

The card on Ebay went for $1450. That's quite a jump in less than a year.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...em&item=333225332598

Jess

Thanks Jess, I always have trouble finding the screen that reveals the offer accepted. There are a few things about that card going for $1,450 that strike me as being worth talking about.

The first is that it doesn't look to be graded at all. It is authenticated as a genuine card by PSA, which is a good idea since it would then follow that the signature is genuine, but has no number grade. Without a number it wasn't graded for condition. The slab by itself may be misleading, its the label that tells you what was done and all submissions are not reviewed equally. If you don't pay for it and it doesn't say it, it wasn't part of the service deal.

As to the card condition, I notice wear on all corners with the left corners showing signs of very slight rounding. There may be some chipping along the front edges, especially on the left vertical edge, but its hard to get a look in the scan. Checking the back view it looks like there could be a lot of chipping along the back edges that is more visible. Without a closer look it's only a guess, but this card is not Mint, I'm not sure it would even grade a 9, more like 8.5 or less.

The autograph, which would be evaluated separately if truly graded for the signature, has a strong bold autograph, but the large swirl line is streaked. It could well be that all the signatures show that tendency with the same pen used, but I don't know. If there are more solid signatures without streaking, then those autographs would grade higher in that portion.

So what I am saying as an "amateur" grader is that there could be many better copies of that A1 that would grade much higher than the one sold. However if they are all in similar condition, then the scale drops and lower grades become the high end. This card wasn't really graded and with its condition, I'm guessing that there are better copies of the A1 out there.

Get one that will document and grade at a 9 or above and it should sell for a lot more than the $1,450, if we accept $1,450 as a baseline price for this one and not just some random overpayment. Only my own opinion of course.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
There is a site called watchcount. You can put the item number in and find the actual price.

Just for the record, every card of the Rock has gone crazy over the past two years. The old RAW WWF card just went for $800 ungraded. Typically this has been his cheapest card. Graded has gone for $1500

There is absolutely no question that the value of our little hobby is moving up. On the sports side things are going crazy. Some of the Zion Williamson cards are selling in the $75k to $90k range. Last year was his first year and he got injured and his team ended up with a 30 and 39 record. A few other new players are hitting the $30k to $60k range. It only stands to reason that this madness will bleed over to the the non sports side to some degree.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post