Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Sounds like a Harry Potter bonanza at your house Cardz_house! One question though - how come POA gold base sets get three of these Elephant ?

Well, coz the POA gold base set are very limited (rumoured initially at just 32 sets but I think should be more than that figure but less than 100). The gold foil base set are beauties!! Thumb Up

Have a look around ebay, the last set went for about US$110. Its average price tends to hover around US$80 nowadays.

Hence, my joy!!! 1 gold base set almost will recoup my entire cost of each box.

I'd heard the limited to 32 sets rumour but never realised you could get them randomly in tins as well (so I though you might of had something different). Looks like you did very well then. Big Grin Thumb Up

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Yes, those tins containing the gold base set can only be obtained in those SDCC hot boxes.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Cardz_house! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Just in for about $23 inc. shipping...

...it's especially gratifying since the idiot that I beat sent me some nasty emails. LMAO@him! Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
cheers olly thats not bad i have a spare one when ever my cards arrive from inkworks

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Yes, those tins containing the gold base set can only be obtained in those SDCC hot boxes.

Congratulations Cardz_house!

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
Oh dear, the things I tell myself to justify my hobby. Roll Eyes

I do the same thing! Big Grin

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
One of my 'Holy Grail' cards arrived in the mail this morning Clap
Cost me just £51. I just missed the Craig Charles card as i was called away from my PC at the crucial momment Frown It ended up selling for the same price.

Anyway, i am VERY pleased to have bagged this

Just need Craig Charles and Chris Barrie cards for a complete auto set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Excellent card Boldy! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
One of my 'Holy Grail' cards arrived in the mail this morning Clap
Cost me just £51. I just missed the Craig Charles card as i was called away from my PC at the crucial momment Frown It ended up selling for the same price.

Anyway, i am VERY pleased to have bagged this

Just need Craig Charles and Chris Barrie cards for a complete auto set.

I tell you, every time I see a pic from that show it scares me! I don't know what I would do if I actually watched it! Smile

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
I just received one of the Angel autos I've always wanted - Season 2 A11 Stephanie Romanov as Lilah for $35.

Congrats to all you guys on some more great finds!

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I won a lot of assorted non sports cards (singles, sets, boxes) for about $30 (after shipping). Included were numerous sets of Bathroom Buddies and Weird Wheels. But the highlight was a full set of Odder Odd Rods. The price guide has that at $185.00. I wasn't even sure what set it was, I had to do some searching online to figure it out.

Posts: 83 | Location: Brooklyn, New York | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Star Trek Art & Images binder promo P3. 99c. Thumb Up

$4 to post it. Whats wrong with this picture? Big Grin

After waiting a month for this to turn up the dealer now says he can't find it. Frown Twak

Now he sent me half a dozen star trek P1's that i allready have. I must try and contact him again.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I got the Jonas Quinn C28 costume card this morning. It is the card featured in the photo used on the listing. Clap
(If anyone wants to see it there's a pic on page 99 of this thread).

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A couple auctions

Family guy season one mini master set BASE, BAD DOG, BOX LOADER, FAMILY PORTRAIT PUZZLE 5.00

Family Guy 18 Autograph lot(thanks H.I.M for tip)
(3) Mike Henry (voice of Cleveland)
(3) Alex Borstein (voice of Lois Griffin)
(4) Lori Alan (voice of Diane Simmons)
(4) Wally Wingert (voice of Pawtucket Patriot) (4) Erik Estrada (voice of The Friendly Officer)

70.00 for lot

Finally
Alien Vs Predator Lot

Autographs JOSEPH RYE
........... SAM TROUGHTTON
pieceworks PARKA WORN BY LATHAN AS LEX
.......... PARKA WORN BY TOMMY FLANAGAN AS VERHEIDEN
box loader 2,3
Dangerous game 3,4,5,6
Puzzle 3,4,5,6,7
TOTAL FOR AVP LOT 13.71

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Wow those are some awesome deals there Jim Streich. Congratulations! Clap

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Well done Jim!

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thanks I've been going back and fourth about the AVP set but after gettin this think I may go for it..

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pjt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Jim on winning the AVP auction.
It was my other halfs auction,she bought two boxes from the Memorabilia show for £5 each box and added a couple of the spare chase cards she had.
I cannot believe how a set of cards can lose so much value over such a short space of time.
I think a master set went for about £72 the other week.
I know it wasn't the best film ever but surely this is a bad sign for the industry.
Anyway as i said before congratulations,both you and my wife were happy with the deal.

Posts: 51 | Location: England | Registered: April 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice wins Jim.

It is frightning how cheap some of this stuff goes for considering the cost of the box initially.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post