Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Wow! Almost forgot about this thread. Usually I get caught in the fair market BIN struggle because I don't want to babysit an auction. About two years ago I bid on 98 of the 100 Topps 75th Anniversary Diamond Sparkle base set cards numbered to 75. (Including the Garbage Pail Kid card)

Won them all for $148!!

Probably my BEST E-bay find.

I've only got two of the Diamond Sparkle parallels, bought only for completion's sake. In hand though they are sharp looking cards and glad I bought them. I bet the whole set looks great in pages.

Fantastic price for near enough the lot, and for a scarce set too. Was Star Wars 1977 in the lot? That one usually goes for quite a bit.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Fantastic price for near enough the lot, and for a scarce set too. Was Star Wars 1977 in the lot? That one usually goes for quite a bit.

Strangely enough I had been building my first set of them when I came across this ebay find. So I have nearly two complete sets. I actually have 2 of the Star Wars. The two stupid priced ones seem to be the Garbage Pail and the Mars Attacks. The Mars one I do need.

Waiting patiently.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is a set of these on ebay now, asking price $ 5,000 !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
There is a set of these on ebay now, asking price $ 5,000 !

I don't think I have seen any of the crazy high price requests actually sell as of yet.

Could be worth that much....who knows?

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is probably my new number one buy, £2.76 ($4 ) for a sealed Terminator 2 pack Eek .

Contents were two printing plates and a Louise Draper sketch.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Hey, what's John Doggett doing in the Terminator movie!?!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That's beyond a bargain. Eek

Your terminated. Twak Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well that's not a regular Terminator 2 pack. It says Case Topper Pack right on the front. I think the Seller must not have known what that meant or that there were 3 hits in it. Otherwise it makes no sense to sell it for so little. They could have just opened the pack and gotten more for the contents.

Printing plates don't do too much for me, but that sketch is quite good. Congrats.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Wow! That Terminator 2 pack break is something else Eek Congrats! Clap

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Picked up this beauty on eBay today for $158.05. Thinking I'll keep it sealed (though the lure of a sketch card is pretty irresistible).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rhett,

Posts: 31 | Location: Australia | Registered: May 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got Buffy Palz first series #1 to 9 for $25 last week.
Even though I already have the set it seemed too good to let go.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
I just bought a Tommy Lee Jones MIB autograph card by Inkworks for $275. I think it's a really good deal considering TLJ only signed 25 or 50 cards. I sold mine for $880 USD two years ago. Definitely keeping this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-...thentic/133109379763

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I got my latest Holy Grail card recently. The Tatiana Maslany as Krystal Goderitch from Orphan Black autograph for only $80 BIN. I was so excited!!! I must have seen it right after they put it up because the last one went for much more than that.

I've been looking every day for the past I don't know how long for this card!! Yay!!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to everyone who is picking up the things they really want. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Yes, good for them. For a several years now these certified autograph cards of better known celebrities and TV series stars have been woefully overpriced as a group. It's starting to change on the secondary market for autos that are a couple of years old and more. Hot demand is focused on others and truer evaluations are being made.

It is giving collectors the opportunity to pick up autograph cards at prices that they can justify, while still knowing that most celebrities are actively signing for money or pleasure and their supply will likely continue to grow really until death.

As an example, Maslany is an excellent buy at $80, but for the $300 - $400 range that her Orphan Black autos are still carrying in the price guide, it's very hard for even a fan to support that. Tommy Lee at $275 is wonderful, not just because of the card rarity, but because he isn't going to do a Ford and start a personal signing gig.

For all the talk of Robert Downey Jr.'s Ironman auto burning it up after Endgame, the autograph card market is correcting itself downward for the large majority. It's not a negative thing, it's good for the hobby base as a whole. More collectors will be able to find what they want at reasonable prices and more autos will change hands.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
I just bought a Tommy Lee Jones MIB autograph card by Inkworks for $275. I think it's a really good deal considering TLJ only signed 25 or 50 cards. I sold mine for $880 USD two years ago. Definitely keeping this one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-...thentic/133109379763

Dang!!! I'd say you stole that one. Nice pick up!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jessica:
I got my latest Holy Grail card recently. The Tatiana Maslany as Krystal Goderitch from Orphan Black autograph for only $80 BIN. I was so excited!!! I must have seen it right after they put it up because the last one went for much more than that.

I've been looking every day for the past I don't know how long for this card!! Yay!!

Great pick up! Orphan Black was so good, and Tatiana was awesome in it. . . The Krystal card is one of the few that I'd still like to pick up.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I can finally post one in here! Picked up a complete set of Game of Thrones Season 1 Shadowbox cards for $18.50. Was very happy with my purchase.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
I can finally post one in here! Picked up a complete set of Game of Thrones Season 1 Shadowbox cards for $18.50. Was very happy with my purchase.

Congrats!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Picked up the Dillaway/Cartwright dual auto from Twilight Zone Rod Serling Edition for under $40. Nice surprise there. Smile