Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
How did you manage to get a $100 PayPal coupon? Eek

You get points everytime you use your paypal card and I use mine for everything from groceries to gas so I can keep an eye & track my money spending on just one site. It just adds up too fast. lol

I keep 4getting 2 do that Twak

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by kbmum:
How did you manage to get a $100 PayPal coupon? Eek

You get points everytime you use your paypal card and I use mine for everything from groceries to gas so I can keep an eye & track my money spending on just one site. It just adds up too fast. lol

I use my PayPal card all the time for groceries and such (just did it tonight!) but I never get squat. I used to get 1.5% cash back but I don't think that's been the case for some time. Is it automatic or something you have to activate or do you have to spend a certain amount to qualify?

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:

I use my PayPal card all the time for groceries and such (just did it tonight!) but I never get squat. I used to get 1.5% cash back but I don't think that's been the case for some time. Is it automatic or something you have to activate or do you have to spend a certain amount to qualify?

-Bob-

It's automatic... for every dollar you get a point. And for the 100 you have to spend a fraking lot. lol

But you do have to redeem it yourself. Go to your paypal account and look for your points. Over on the left side there's a link to "View and Redeem Reward Points"

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is for the PayPal credit card, not the debit card, correct?

David

Posts: 275 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Also there's the new "eBay Bucks" program that gives you coupons worth 2% credit for most won-auction closing prices (excluding shipping charges) in the previous quarter, if the purchases are completed through PayPal. It just came out of beta-testing last month and I redeemed my first ($15) coupon for the part of June after I signed up.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FYI:

David

That is correct. The debit card has it's own program that gives you a few pennies credit on purchases when you use it like a credit card.

The $100 coupon is for either $9,000 or $9,500 in credit card spending (I can't remember). I have used one already (fun to open boxes that are essentially free) and am working on another.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've kind of dropped out of eBay, I don't really use Pay Pal, so I've just looked on site every once and a while to see what's available.
I do buy every once and a while from a seller that lives near my home, and I drop by his shop and pay cash.
I recently bid on a large assortment of Americana 2009 base and insert cards, and somehow, I won. For less than $15, I got:
3 Private Signings autographs
3 swatch cards, one of them a double swatch
26 Proof cards
12 Cinema Stars inserts
9 TV Stars inserts
5 Hollywood Legends inserts
88 base cards

Picked it up today, quite a pile of cards, would have cost well over $200 to buy these in packs.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a great deal Don, well done. Clap

It does however raise some serious thoughts about the actual percieved value of these cards.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
You are right, Wolfie - (There's a phrase you don't see too often!)
I think many of the materials and autos from this set are not worth the price of a pack - not to say there aren't some fantastic finds in this set.
The autos I got, Alessandro Nivola, Eddie Deezen and Gerlad Okamura are fairly unkown actors, the Okamura is really nice though, he signed clearly and the image on the card is cool. The materials cards are a Vivien Leigh/Leslie Howard, Donna Reed and a Leslie Howard single. Mostly forgotten stars today among the younger generation. But I know who these stars are and I was more impressed by the materials cards than the autos.
While in another thread the appearance of the base cards has been criticized, I still think these cards are worth collecting, and it was the base cards and numbered inserts that made me jump at this one.

I was able to go through the dealer's singles and found 2 cards missing from the partial set, and with what I had already, I only need 8 cards to complete the base set.

Americana is a good set for gamblers - you pay your money and you might get a swatch from some unknown guy who was in a movie 50 years ago, or you might get Patrick Stewart or David Carradine autos, all of which I pulled from packs. I think the value of these will always be good.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FYI:

David

I believe so, unfortunately now that I've had a look 'round their website.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Not ebay, but didn't know where else to post this one. I was at my local library (we go about 2-3 times a week) and, as usual, checked the used book sale area. There is a glass case with special sale items in it.

There was a book of Leonard Nimoy's poetry and the display card said, "Inscribed by author"! The best part was it was only $10! I quickly got the worker to get it for me. It was a neat find and was inscribed "To Jessy" (or perhaps Jerry/Joey/Jody)"Regards, Leonard Nimoy '73". Another cool addition to my Star Trek collection. This is the second autographed book of an original crew member I have found at used book sales (Takei was the other.) Smile

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That is a nice find. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
It is indeed!

I picked up a Xena Quotable Lao Ma for $10 including shipping from that nice canadian seller again Wink

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Got the final piece to complete my Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life master set (including the Angelina autograph card!):

Won the Case Loader card shown below for only $9.99 (+shipping).

I have been saving up for the past year and a half or so, putting aside $20 a month. After adding that to the proceeds from a MASSIVE card sell-off, I was able to justify paying the incredibly high price for the Angelina autograph. I was also able to save $50 or so by using the Live.com discount and the Ebay Bucks promotion.

Haven't scanned the Angelina yet, but it looks amazing! I told myself as I made the Paypal payment that I was going to pretty much not buy any new cards anymore. However, the next day I went to the Rittenhouse website and saw the new Twilight Zone set! Eek

OK. AFTER Twilight Zone, no more! Smile

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Got the final piece to complete my Tomb Raider: Cradle of Life master set (including the Angelina autograph card!):

That's awesome Jack! Congratulations! Thumb Up

I should take your advice and do the same.... her autos are the only big inserts I'm missing from both of her Tomb Raider sets. Frown

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Redemp! I was able to justify it to myself since it was the ONE card I have always wanted to own. It was definitely pricey, but I am pleased with it.

Sold a lot to get the money, but all the stuff I sold was stuff I didn't really want anymore. Was tough to save $20 each month as the total always seemed so far away. Saw one on ebay about two months ago that sold for $100 less, but I didn't have the money at the time. Frown

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Two Harry potter wins:
Half-Blood Prince P10 $12.50
3-D 2nd wave P9 Owl Paper (wicked variant, will post when I get it) for just £4.52.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Mega Dexter Win.
I just scored ALL of the following:
- Complete 5-Card Behind The Scenes Insert Set
- Complete 4-Card The Dark Defender Insert Set
- Complete 2-Card Dexter Group Insert Set
- Complete 6-Card Dexter the Killer Insert Set
- Complete 4-Card Dexter's Relationships Insert Set
- Complete 2-Card Dexter Dream Scenes Insert Set
- Complete 4-Card Dexter Portraits Insert Set
- Complete 72-Card Base Set

and all for only £20.46 inc Shipping from the USA

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice one Paul. Clap

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Not ebay, but didn't know where else to post this one. I was at my local library (we go about 2-3 times a week) and, as usual, checked the used book sale area. There is a glass case with special sale items in it.

There was a book of Leonard Nimoy's poetry and the display card said, "Inscribed by author"! The best part was it was only $10! I quickly got the worker to get it for me. It was a neat find and was inscribed "To Jessy" (or perhaps Jerry/Joey/Jody)"Regards, Leonard Nimoy '73". Another cool addition to my Star Trek collection. This is the second autographed book of an original crew member I have found at used book sales (Takei was the other.) Smile

Not Ebay or the Library, but at a shopping network outlet store, I got a Chekov's Enterprise book by Walter Koenig which was autographed for 3 or 4 dollars. Wish I had bought many more at the time.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post