Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raywoo888:
Great find! The G6 card alone is worth the price you paid so the auto and two other plaques are the bonus!

Hey Neighbor, are you the same person who won that lot for all the chase inserts including the gold plaque cards from TOS Season 1? If so, major congratulations on that wonderful deal.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
I recectly snagged a sealed box of 1996 Marvel Masterpiece via BIN for $640 shipped. That was my all time favorite find. Thumb Up

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
$47 for another Dave Lynch sketch-

another first time character- but with another character that I already have multiple sketches of:

Green Arrow and Black Canary!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:

Hey Neighbor, are you the same person who won that lot for all the chase inserts including the gold plaque cards from TOS Season 1? If so, major congratulations on that wonderful deal.

Yes that's me. I guess someone noticed. I don't normally post great finds, but I've been called out. 1ST ...STARFLEETBEAT, great find!

I was really surprised to pick up a Star Trek TOS Season 1 mini-master for just under $50 delivered back in March. The set came in 9 pocket sheets with ALL inserts except for the autographs. The complete Gold Plaque set of 29, the Voided "I" card and sell sheet were the highlights.

I really expected a bid war as the autographs were listed in separate auctions at the same time, but I got lucky as my auction slipped under the radar!

Good eyes and memory GOFMAULEG.

Posts: 419 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: October 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
I recectly snagged a sealed box of 1996 Marvel Masterpiece via BIN for $640 shipped. That was my all time favorite find. Thumb Up

Why is that set so expensive? Eek

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
$47 for another Dave Lynch sketch-

another first time character- but with another character that I already have multiple sketches of:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/989/1c9a1xu1.jpg

Green Arrow and Black Canary!

Val

Sweet! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by raywoo888:
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:

Yes that's me. I guess someone noticed. I don't normally post great finds, but I've been called out. 1ST ...STARFLEETBEAT, great find!

I was really surprised to pick up a Star Trek TOS Season 1 mini-master for just under $50 delivered back in March. The set came in 9 pocket sheets with ALL inserts except for the autographs. The complete Gold Plaque set of 29, the Voided "I" card and sell sheet were the highlights.

I really expected a bid war as the autographs were listed in separate auctions at the same time, but I got lucky as my auction slipped under the radar!

Good eyes and memory GOFMAULEG.

Oops, sorry for calling you out. I remember it because I forgot to bid on the auction and when I rushed to the computer, it was over. I felt like crying when I saw the winning bid. Anyway, I'm happy for you. It's always nice to see members have great finds. Big Grin

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:

Why is that set so expensive? Eek

From what I've been told not too many orders were placed for it back in 96. Due to the high prices of the product. Also have you seen the cards? They're amazing!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330227208088

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
There are several reasons that Marvel Masterpieces 1996 are expensive.
1. At the time Marvel was in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Usually cards were printed in runs of 100,000, 150,000, 200,000. This run was printed to order.
2. This set has a sticker pack price of 5.00 to 6.00(I can remember which it was closer to-it was 12 years ago). Most of the packs were 1.25 to 1.50 at this time. So, pre-orders were low.
3. When it turned out to be a great set, people scrammbled for what little was out there. Now, it is highly priced.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
I picked up all 16 of the pack-pulled rocker autos from the 2008 Upper Deck Spectrum of Stars set. I paid a total of $107.43 with shipping for all of them. That comes out to $6.71 per card! One hobby box, which has two sports/celebrity autos and two baseball memorabilia cards, costs between $100 and $125 with shipping. Granted, these autos aren't the expensive, sought-after cards of this set, but I was able to get every single card I wanted without getting any of the ones in which I had no interest, all for the cost of just one box. It's success like this that really makes me question whether to buy boxes from any set.

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
There are several reasons that Marvel Masterpieces 1996 are expensive.
1. At the time Marvel was in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Usually cards were printed in runs of 100,000, 150,000, 200,000. This run was printed to order.
2. This set has a sticker pack price of 5.00 to 6.00(I can remember which it was closer to-it was 12 years ago). Most of the packs were 1.25 to 1.50 at this time. So, pre-orders were low.
3. When it turned out to be a great set, people scrammbled for what little was out there. Now, it is highly priced.

Dang... many years ago a friend sold his cards in a garage sale for practically nothing!

Roll Eyes And I told him I wasn't interested.

Thanks for the explanation! Thumb Up

Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
I just picked up the Indy Heritage auto of Philip Tan for $.99 before shipping...

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats, there is a whole thread there about how that could possibly happen.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats to everyone

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just bought Family Guy season 1 cards lot

6 x basic sets
1 x 9 card set +5 extras
1 x 6 card set + 4 extras
2 x 3 card box loader sets + 3 extras
1 x Case loader

A2 x 1
A3 (Redemption Cards - unredeemed) x 2
A4 x 1
A5 x 2
A6 x 1

For £35 - never collected these cards but it seemed like a good deal.

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I won four Battlestar Galactica autograph cards for $47.00 before shipping. They're all main characters, or mostly main characters:

Col. Tigh
Cally
Billy
and Dee

I knocked out four big holes in my collection! Clap

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
I won four Battlestar Galactica autograph cards for $47.00 before shipping. They're all main characters, or mostly main characters:

Col. Tigh
Cally
Billy
and Dee

I knocked out four big holes in my collection! Clap

Congratulations Jane! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Jane- Congratulations!

I just received this- $65 with shipping, which was a savings of $24, since the seller originally wanted $85 for this gorgeous card:

Another Firestar card- by Andy Price!

Val

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CordeliaChase_Fan,

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Great card Valentine! Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Jane- Congratulations!

I just received this- $65 with shipping, which was a savings of $24, since the seller originally wanted $85 for this gorgeous card:

Another Firestar card- by Andy Price!

Val

Holy frijoles! That's a great card.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post