Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 183 184 185 186 187 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
On the sports side things are going crazy. Some of the Zion Williamson cards are selling in the $75k to $90k range. Last year was his first year and he got injured and his team ended up with a 30 and 39 record. A few other new players are hitting the $30k to $60k range. It only stands to reason that this madness will bleed over to the the non sports side to some degree.

Maybe to the degree that sports card speculators get attracted to specific entertainment hits for quick flipping. I don't think any non-sport card can achieve the insanity of the hot sport rookie for a few reasons and that's a good thing.

Sure you can get a first year Lebron or a Brady, but for most of these rookies it might as well be a pyramid scheme. Get in early and get out fast before it all turns to dust. That's a different kind of card buying based solely on making money and not holding anything long enough to see the potential be surpassed by the next rookie. If you are a card collector you want to keep the card, which means its only money spent and never money made.

It's all cards, but there are enormous differences in the two hobby worlds as collectibles and as money makers. When I hear some collectors say that they want non-sport cards to be more like sports cards, I always think that they know nothing about sports cards.Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know nothing about Sports Cards but i hope the Non Sports community dont go down that road.
After reading the Blowout boards comments and moans about sellers not paying , cancelling sales, offers,bins, etc mostly because the players card price had decreased between the time the bidding closed and the receipt of the invoice.
If this happened in our circles we would be ostracised .
But these sellers buyers seem to do it all the time and in more cases than what seem like just normal there are sales and trades with prices in the thousands of $.
If you get onto the Blowout forum it will open your eyes on what goes on in the Sports Card world it seems to be all about money .
Ok isnt that what all card collecting is about but even though I would like to see our Non Sports cards increase i hope it dose not get into the dog eat dog style that the Sports Card world now seems to be in.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Any member wanting a Scorpion King promo BB1
check out E Bay item #222417419300 E Bay shipping program too dear for me they are charging me $14 extra disguised as import taxes on top of cost of item and their shipping costs. Good Luck

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Others and I have noticed that sometimes watchcount.com doesn't always give the Best Offer price but when I signed in to Ebay and then went to watchcount, it did give me the price. You copy the Ebay ID number (small print maybe a third of the way down the page on the right side) and paste it into the Keywords window and click on "Show Me." If it doesn't show the price, click on "Here on Ebay" and it should come up.

I found that I don't have to be signed in, I just had to have Ebay up first in another window.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hey Raven,

The card on Ebay went for $1450. That's quite a jump in less than a year.

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...em&item=333225332598

Jess

Thanks Jess, I always have trouble finding the screen that reveals the offer accepted. There are a few things about that card going for $1,450 that strike me as being worth talking about.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not know what is going on with watchcount .
I used to be able to get it but have tried all suggestions but still get the error and no chance of getting in.
Dont know what went wrong or what happened, the only thing that I can think of it has gone onto another format

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I do not know what is going on with watchcount .
I used to be able to get it but have tried all suggestions but still get the error and no chance of getting in.
Dont know what went wrong or what happened, the only thing that I can think of it has gone onto another format

I have had a couple of friends say they could no longer access through mobile devices. I am still able to use it on my computer. Sounds like the website is not keeping up with browser and security updates.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I use a computer i have two computers an old one wich i use and a new one use not so often I cannot get it on both of them.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I was able to open watchcount and the sold A1 came up using the keywords, but only the original $3,000 BIN showed and not the offer accepted.

So then I got the item number and searched again under collectibles and then under no grouping. There was no match and nothing came up either time. So I didn't get any more info than what I already had. Big Grin This was on my really old computer.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I have the same trouble on my 1943 UNIVAC computer myself.

And talk about tubes burning out!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I was able to open watchcount and the sold A1 came up using the keywords, but only the original $3,000 BIN showed and not the offer accepted.

So then I got the item number and searched again under collectibles and then under no grouping. There was no match and nothing came up either time. So I didn't get any more info than what I already had. Big Grin This was on my really old computer.

What is the item number? See what I get.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Ok found it. Weird, works fine for me.

Google watchcount link takes me to http://www.watchcount.com

I put the item number in the Keywords section and select Show Me

It shows the sold price that ebay shows. Right next to it there is (>>true? price here on eBay)

I select that link and it shows me the $1450 price.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
What is the item number? See what I get.[/QUOTE]

The sold item number was 333225332598. I can't bring up a match using just it.

On the match using key words, I am not seeing that link for (true?) after the $3,000. I'm not on eBay, I'm just looking at watchcount.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Google watchcount link takes me to http://www.watchcount.com

It shows the sold price that ebay shows. Right next to it there is (>>true? price here on eBay)

I select that link and it shows me the $1450 price.

If I go in through your link a see the listing fine and have that (true?} link, but when I hit it I just hang up in a blank page trying to connect. Weird.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Yeah, I have the same trouble on my 1943 UNIVAC computer myself.

And talk about tubes burning out!

I'm a little more up to date than that Big Grin , but I've got one PC laptop going since 2012 and two keys are floating around and one hinge doesn't want to close. Its running Windows 7 and its a far better operating system than Windows 10, which is choking my Notebook and caused me to have to buy another new big laptop last Black Friday.

Eventually I will have to give up the ghost, but believe me, we are passed the point where these updated systems are helpful to the general public. More money is the reason why change is forced upon us.

Rant over. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
My Windows 10 E-mail setup truly sucks!
I have the same thing on Yahoo, which I hate, but Yahoo IS infinitely faster.
Outlook was perfect, but it's obsolete.
You can't beat upgrades, whether they help or hinder.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Not sure why yours does not function the same but since playing with this today the final result has begun to fail.

When I select the final link it just goes to a white page. If it is temporary I will report.

I have a 2011 Dell laptop running windows 8. I figure at some point I will have to take my card money and use it for a new computer. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a 2011 Dell laptop running windows 8. I figure at some point I will have to take my card money and use it for a new computer. Wink

Keep it as long as you can. Keep it after service ends with your own security program. Keep it until other apps will no longer connect, Wink

Windows 10 is on its 4th or 5th version, one bigger than the other. The browser just changed. The permissions keep resetting, you have to check everything. Most users don't know to go in and look. When you do buy, get twice the space and memory you think you'll need. Each version eats up more of everything and much of it you won't even use.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
It seems to be working again. Just find an auction that went for less than BIN and plug in the item number.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Tougher to find good eBay finds these days, but found this awesome Mark Raats Indiana Jones Heritage sketch a few weeks back. Seller had it up for £42 but took £28 best offer!
Raats has done lots of great artwork for Lucasfilm and has only worked on a handful of sketch sets over 10 years ago, including 56 cards for this set. Tough to find anything from him at any price.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice card

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post