Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
There's nothing more frustrating than finding a great buy but seeing the dreaded "ships to United States only". I just came upon a Buffy season 3 Juliet Landau autograph card with a BIN of $49.99 (Im actually looking for one since I recently notices a tiny flaw on the back of the 1 I have) and the seller leaves no doubt they only ship to the U.S. I also missed out on a season 2 9 card Dark Destiny set with a BIN of $19.99, a season 4 New beginnings $14.99 and season 5 Protectors of the key set $14.99 not to mention a reflections Harry Groener for $17.99 all with U.S. only shipping Mad

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
1) become good friends with someone here in the US
2) ask them if they wouldn't mind being a go between
3) bid and win a card and have the card in question sent to your friend.
4) have that friend pass on the card to you after they get it
5) have fun Big Grin

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
I recently got the Buffy season one base set already in 9 pocket pages for £15. I think thats probably my best buy so far. I considered it a huge bargain as theres no way I can currently afford to pay £40-£50 for a base set

-Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BuffyAngelFan:
I recently got the Buffy season one base set already in 9 pocket pages for £15. I think thats probably my best buy so far. I considered it a huge bargain as theres no way I can currently afford to pay £40-£50 for a base set

-Claire

Not being a Buffy collector... yet Big Grin.... can I ask why that base set is so costly? Confused

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

Not being a Buffy collector... yet Big Grin.... can I ask why that base set is so costly? Confused

£40-£50 is a bit extreme, I see them selling consistently in the $40-$45 range with the occasional exception. Buffy fans are rabid beasts and being the first set collectors probably have most of them tucked away and it has slowly climbed in price like no other base set I've seen since I started collecting. Boxes and packs are all but gone (boxes are close to $500 when 1 does come up for sale).

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Wow! I think if I do start collecting Buffy I'm gonna stay with the later series. Big Grin

Thanks for the info! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Was that the Julie Benz I had on watch and forgot about? Wink

Probably Big Grin (6181674219)

She also had listed a LOTR FOTR binder, but only answered my shipping question *after* the auction had closed. How's that for rude! Shake Head

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of BuffyAngelFan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

£40-£50 is a bit extreme, I see them selling consistently in the $40-$45 range with the occasional exception

At collector fairs I've only ever seen season one on sale for £45 and £50, never any cheaper. I've often watched them sell on ebay and the cheapest I've seen one sell is £25 but I've only seen that happen once. All the other sets I've watched have sold for £35+

-Claire

Posts: 513 | Location: UK | Registered: August 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Best recent find (still waiting for it arrive) is Alicia Silverstone Batman & Robin auto for $107 (inc. p+p). The listing said 'ship to US only' but I emailed him and he said okay.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by starwolf1001:
1) become good friends with someone here in the US
2) ask them if they wouldn't mind being a go between
3) bid and win a card and have the card in question sent to your friend.
4) have that friend pass on the card to you after they get it
5) have fun Big Grin

1) Hmmmm. Friends, yes. Have some of those over there Smile
2) Done that a few times
3) See #2
4) See #2
5) Of course Wink

quote:
Originall posted by Incarnadine:
There's nothing more frustrating than finding a great buy but seeing the dreaded "ships to United States only".

One of my fave sellers not long ago barred all non-US buyers from her auctions. She has alot I need, and i've dealt with her before so i don't see why she lumps us all into the "dodgy basket" if she only had one or two bad deals. That's one Faith fan I won't deal with again Shake Head even if i called on the services of my go-between.

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I few days ago I won and received today...
Buffy 3 set
inserts:G2-G7
BL3,BP2
all in nine card pages.

Won all for $11.05 + $5.50 priority.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Ill go with my-
Alyson Hannigan Willow auto for a bin of 400.00 with free priority shipping

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H.I.M.:
Ill go with my-

I'm guessing that's a really good price H.I.M.? Big Grin

I don't think I'll ever pay that much for just one card. There are just too many other cheaper cards on my want list still.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't think I'll ever pay that much for just one card.

God no, I wouldn't Eek I presume it's $400 US That's about AU$500...which would be my car registration, half my credit card paid off, some programs I need, the list goes on, lol!

It's not imperative that I find everything that's on my need list. Smile

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
It's not imperative that I find everything that's on my need list. Smile

I feel the same.... I'd like to have eveything, but it won't kill me not to. Some cards I'm satisfied with just having a picture of it available in my files. Wink

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by H.I.M.:
Ill go with my-

I'm guessing that's a really good price H.I.M.? Big Grin

I don't think I'll ever pay that much for just one card. There are just too many other cheaper cards on my want list still.

That is not a good price, it's an AWESOME price. They regularly end in the $600-$700 range, here's the last one I saw end for GBP 351.00 (Approximately US $637.21)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6182...TRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

-Goethe

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is not a good price, it's an AWESOME price. They regularly end in the $600-$700 range, here's the last one I saw end for GBP 351.00 (Approximately US $637.21)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6182...TRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&rd=1

Wow! Eek I guess I'll never collect all those Buffy autos... not that I was thinking of it. I may not know much about the card prices, but I know that some Buffy fans are willing to pay anything for their Buffstuff. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Just won two Hercules Complete Journeys autos- A2 Sam Sorbo (Serena) and A4 Cory Everson (Atlanta-heart variant) for a total of $7.50!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Collectress
posted Hide Post
I had quite a good day yesterday managing to pick up a Farscape DRD Pablo Sketch for £3.19 and a C6 Crais Costume for £18.

"That's your plan? Wile E. Coyote would come up with a better plan than that!" - John Crichton
"Bored now" - Vampire Willow

Posts: 669 | Location: UK | Registered: January 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I guess my best ebay buy was the Daredevil box I picked up for under twenty bucks which yielded me the Ben Affleck auto.

Yea... I'm pretty sure that was it. Big Grin