Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of doggonit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Got a case of Heroes for $380 including postage to the UK Clap Paid on Friday and got the case on Wednesday. Speed of service was superb and... NO CUSTOMS CHARGE Dance Elephant Dance

Opening them tomorrow. Let's hope my luck holds out Thumb Up

well done Thumb Up
and no customs - even better!
if delivered by Royal Mail, home and dry Thumb Up
BUT - if from another courier don't count your chickens just yet - to speed up delivery, many pay the customs themselves, then send you the bill a little later Frown .....
happened to me a few times , just when you think you've got away with it Twak

Posts: 717 | Location: uk | Registered: April 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
My best eBay find was that I purchased both the 1993 and 1994 TV WEEK promo card sets (from Australia) WITH binders for less than $70. While I already had the card sets complete, just finding the binders, especially Series 1 was wonderful. I remember that I set my alarm clock to get up at 3am on a work night just to make sure that I had the opportunity to win them. It was hard to go back to sleep after I did. Kind of like a kid at Christmas time. Bouncey

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doggonit:
BUT - if from another courier don't count your chickens just yet - to speed up delivery, many pay the customs themselves, then send you the bill a little later Frown .....
happened to me a few times , just when you think you've got away with it Twak

So true. I've received an invoice on Friday for VAT from TNT for stuff they delivered a week or so ago.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Royal Mail delivered Clap No extra payment required Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Congrats to everyone!!

I had a bit of luck on Ebay recently. I can't post pics yet but I will as soon as I can.

Fantastic 4: Dr. Doom Cloak- Black .99cents
Dr. Doom Cloak- Red variant .99cents

Alias: Angus Scrimm auto for just over 4 dollars
David Cronenburg auto just over 9 dollars
(I've been wanting these two for awhile, I just can't remember how much exactly but I know it was cheaper than what I expected to pay)

and, I can't beleive my luck last night when I found the 'Holy Grail' auto for my Witchblade soon-to-be finished master set.

A Yancy Butler auto card (I was the 2nd person to see it) just listed for a BIN of $32.99 or best offer. I offered him 29.00 which would have made the shipping almost free- and it was ACCEPTED!!!! Elephant Elephant

It's even psa grade 8 and it comes with the redemption card.

I couldn't sleep last night! lol

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Holly, well done. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats to everyone

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats on all the great finds everyone.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got Roswell 9 card set and the 6 card Set for .99 GBP each.

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now thats just silly but congrats on a really superb deal. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
My Thunderbirds movie set is two cards closer to completion with the arrival of the Lex Shrapnel autograph card (AC7) and the Brain's Lab Coat costume card (TC3) for £2.99 each. And this time, (making a change from my usual posts) I DID get them on eBay!
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Well my DC Legacy sketch addiction continues...I got this sweet one off eBay for $45(incl. s&h) from Australia!

I fell in love the minute I saw it and it is GORGEOUS in real life.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Well my DC Legacy sketch addiction continues...I got this sweet one off eBay for $45(incl. s&h) from Australia!

Val

Very nice sketch. What really caught my attention is the signature. I've never seen a Tone Rodriguez where he signed a recognizable signature, it has always been a really squiggley signature. I think you have something unique. Weird.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Great stuff Holly, well done. Clap

Thanks Wolfie Smile
and Peter Smile

my first master set is almost complete!! (hmm, a 'mad scientist' vibe is setting in Wink)

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:

Val

That is a great looking card, Val and I tend to agree with Incardine. I've seen some of Tone R. sketch cards and couldn't read it very well. To have this one so readable- that alone I would think make this card very unique.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
Congrats to everyone!!

I had a bit of luck on Ebay recently. I can't post pics yet but I will as soon as I can.

Fantastic 4: Dr. Doom Cloak- Black .99cents
Dr. Doom Cloak- Red variant .99cents

Alias: Angus Scrimm auto for just over 4 dollars
David Cronenburg auto just over 9 dollars
(I've been wanting these two for awhile, I just can't remember how much exactly but I know it was cheaper than what I expected to pay)

and, I can't beleive my luck last night when I found the 'Holy Grail' auto for my Witchblade soon-to-be finished master set.

A Yancy Butler auto card (I was the 2nd person to see it) just listed for a BIN of $32.99 or best offer. I offered him 29.00 which would have made the shipping almost free- and it was ACCEPTED!!!! Elephant Elephant

It's even psa grade 8 and it comes with the redemption card.

I couldn't sleep last night! lol

Why for $3.00 would you have jeopardized losing your "grail" to someone else?

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
^^^ I guess I just like to take those kinds of chances. Dance

Living for the little thrills of life lol

Doesn't matter.. I got the card and it looks great!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Sarah and Quaint1!!

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I've added to my Thunderbirds collection by picking up the Ron Cook (Parker) autograph for £3.99 plus nominal postage.
Also, not on eBay, my relocated Local Store still had some boxes going cheap from their recent move and I got 1 box of Enterprise Season 1 and 4 for £10 each.
When I got home, and just before opening the boxes, I said to myself "Wouldn't it be great if I pulled the Brent Spiner or one of the cast, such as Dominic Keating?" I wasn't optimistic though.
Here is what I pulled:
Season 1

Season 4

Spooky! Dance Elephant Dance
I particularly like the fact (apart from the obvious of course!) that I pulled both the autograph and the costume card of the same character - Soval.
Once I've sorted out the cards I'll do a proper box breakdown in the appropriate section, and I may well be looking to trade chase (I had a box of Season 1 from a few years ago and so I might need to fill a couple of gaps!)
Au Res.,
Paul

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Having now done a little iMdb'ing I realise that the Alec Newman card is quite a good pull as well, given his appearences in two episode of Angel S5 (as Drogyn), and British show Spooks, amongst other things (apparently he was in a couple of TV versions of "Dune" as well)
Au Res.,
Paul