Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Great finds, everyone!

I've been without a computer for awhile but before it crashed, I was able to get the 18 card preview set for the Witchblade tv series for a little over $10.00.

Pretty darn good since I saw one go for over fifty dollars.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a good purchase Holly. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry for big scans got a scanner for xmas

This is part of the lot I had won for 81.00 (it included all 4 alias base sets, over 20 inserts/promos and season 2 binder as well as these)

Then I picked up these for about 12.00 each

For Xmas bought myself
Jericho box pulled pwa 1 Skeet Ulrich(being redeemed)

Alias 2 box Pulled A8 Jennifer Garner Auto Drool

Alias season 3 box(19.95) pulled Fox auto
redemtpion(got back already)

And Finally picked up(non Ebay)
David Anders as Sark Autograph (adam on heroes)

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just purchased this lot on eBay -- #300186972958. Lot of 6 X-Men 1 autographs:

Anna Paquin/Rogue
Rebecca Romijn/Mystique
Hugh Jackman/Wolverine
Famke Janssen/Jean Grey
Ian McKellen/Magneto
James Marsden/Cyclops

Got the lot of 6 for $300 U.S. I know a little pricey but I've been searching far and wide for the Anna Paquin/Rogue. I was willing to pay $150-$200 for her auto alone and considering it also includes Romijn, Jackman, and Janssen which are all worth over $100 each I think it was worth it.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
$300 for those 6 is a very good price, considering they average $50 for 1 auto!!!

Well done on this!!! I would have rushed to buy it had I seen it too.

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Thats a good purchase Holly. Clap

Thanks, Wolfie Smile

Jim, I love the 'Angus Scrimm' auto if only for his Phantasm movies. He scared the life out of me when I was younger.

Logan- you got a heck of a deal. Good Show!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks hollypop & Cardz_house. Wave When dropping that amount of cash it feels good to get a little reassurance that I got a good deal. I really do appreciate it. Clap

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Managed to pick up 26 of the 32 plus the collectors case of the Babylon 5 HMV video cards for £17.00 (inc p&p). you don't see too many about and to get that many in one hit was very pleasing.

Just got to find the remaining 6 now. Roll Eyes

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thats an excellent buy Logan - have no regrets!
I wouldn't be surprised to see a UK dealer ask $300 for just the Paquin autograph.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donruss Americana, enough cards to send a completist to the poor house. but what wonderful cards they are, i am a big movie fan and this set is packed with hollywood greats and some big sports stars

I picked up

A promo booklet (about 8 x 5) showing some of the cards available and the following:

Catherine Bach - Promo
Willie Mays - Promo
Burt Reynolds - Promo
Amanda Beard - Promo
Melissa MOJO Hunter - P-MH
Cedric the Entertainer - P-CE
Debbie Reynolds - P-DR
Mickey Rooney - P-MR

All for the sum of 99c (+postage which the seller stung me for $12)

Still a good price i think

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice package but you can see why there were no bids with postage like that.

A Twak for him.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got these:

Smallville S2 PW5
Smallville S2 PW6
Smallville S2 PW8

All for $33 shipped Smile
Thats my costume set done -- just chase to go Big Grin

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That depends. Postage rates from the US to other countries had another LARGE rate increase.
I had a binder+set that went to Austriala at a cost of 28.00 priority. I could have choice boat rate for 25.50(6 weeks to arrive). I charged much less for postage. Luckily, I still made a small amount of money on it.

To sell to the UK priority from the US starts at 11.00.

So IF the package is coming from the US to the UK priority(and the seller stated that) then the postage is not unreasonble at all.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The postage wasnt stated and as it was late in the aution i did not have time to ask and for the fistful of promo's on offer + the promo booklet it looked a good deal.

Actual postage cost was $7 so he made a few dollars on it but had to give up his time and gas to get to the post office and fill in forms, i'm not desperately unhappy and still think that at $13 i got a good deal

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
As long as you are happy David. Thumb Up

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
That depends. Postage rates from the US to other countries had another LARGE rate increase.
I had a binder+set that went to Austriala at a cost of 28.00 priority. I could have choice boat rate for 25.50(6 weeks to arrive). I charged much less for postage. Luckily, I still made a small amount of money on it.

To sell to the UK priority from the US starts at 11.00.

So IF the package is coming from the US to the UK priority(and the seller stated that) then the postage is not unreasonble at all.
Sole reason why I don't bother to collect binders anymore.

Posts: 833 | Location: Melbourne, VIC. Australia | Registered: December 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
I was able to add to my Charlie and the Chocolate Factory collection today. Using a $25 Ebay giftcard given to me by my gf for Christmas, I put it toward the 10-case incentive Charlie Bucket sweater costume card! Bought from a dealer that I have known for quite awhile. It is #d 099/170 and looks great! Here is a link to the card:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/JackLondon1967/Ch...y/charliesweater.jpg
Neat to add this one; have had my eye on it for awhile, but couldn't afford it til now. Dance

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Just got the following in the mailbox today:

It's a 1935 O-Pee-Chee Mickey Mouse card #1.

One of my dream projects is to catalog as much of O-Pee-Chee's history as possible and maybe one day write a book. Being a card collecting Canadian, OPC is part of my heritage. And anytime I can add the first card in a set from 1935 I'm more than happy to oblige.

It's bent, beat up and well loved, but I don't mind considering I got it for what a couple of generic autographs or costume cards would have run me.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1176 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome card Ryan Thumb Up

I am collecting the 1941 uncle sam set and am now only about 6 cards adrift, finding one that i need is a real buzz.

Good luck with the OPC's

David

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My latest win:

Brendan Fraser Looney Tunes Back in Action auto for £11.50 inc postage.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post