Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Every year when my kids come home from the last day of school, I give them some small presents to celebrate the end of the school year. Since my daughter is a HUGE High School Musical fangirl, I picked up a few cards.

HSM Troy's Golf Uniform $1.58
HSM Chad's Golf Uniform $0.99
UD Spectrum Baseball Matt Prokop auto (minor character in HSM3) $0.99

I'm still on the hunt for Chad/Corbin Bleu auto and costume cards from Donruss Americana.

And for me, a Battlestar Galactica CC32 William Adama costume card $1.04. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kbmum,

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Two new additions to my collection (from the same seller; £3.19 for the pair plus very reasonable postage!);
Another Hobbit sketch by Otis Frampton (not sure which Hobbit - the consensus of opinion for the last one I had was Sam - any thoughts on this one?):

and another T'birds sketch (by James Ramsey):

which is the fourth of the 7 artists who contributed to this set.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had 2 recent great pulls -

Not a huge pull, but I was made very happy today! The only U.S. James Bond set released in the last 20 years that I had not started was Connoisseur's Vol 2 - the 70's. I finally got a box at a really good price, and pulled a G2 Goldenworks card out of the very first pack I opened.

A much more awesome pull was a couple months ago - I purchased a lot of 30 loose hobby packs of Planet of the Apes (2001) for $9.99 including shipping expecting that I could pull a base set and a good number of foil chase as a start to this set. I figured these were leftovers from a case cracker who already took the good stuff, so imagine my surprise when I pulled a Thade's Father costume card from one of the packs!

Posts: 420 | Location: Try looking under that pile of cards over there... | Registered: December 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yervi
posted Hide Post
i won a batman begins, batmans chestpiece costume card for $8

Posts: 57 | Location: USA | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yervi:

Wow! Eek What a steal!

Congratulations! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by Yervi:

Wow! Eek What a steal!

Congratulations! Thumb Up

dang! Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Six boxes of Heroes for $112.00 including shipping netted me these... Dance

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow wow wow. A Pence and an Auto/Costume. Amazing results! Congrats!

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
The worldwide "clang" you just heard was my jaw hitting the deck. Well done Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
Wow wow wow. A Pence and an Auto/Costume. Amazing results! Congrats!

Thanks, it was quite a surprise to me. Big Grin

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
The worldwide "clang" you just heard was my jaw hitting the deck. Well done Thumb Up

Did you hear Big Ben clanging yesterday from my aftershock? Big Grin Thanks!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
couldn't happen to a nicer person!
congrats!

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
couldn't happen to a nicer person!
congrats!

yeah what he said Metal

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Wavey

Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
I just realized I posted this in the ebay thread. In my excitment I forgot it was a buy from the topps clearance sale itself. lol

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
I just realized I posted this in the ebay thread. In my excitment I forgot it was a buy from the topps clearance sale itself. lol

Well....nevermind then Razz

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
What did Topps do, keep all the good boxes to themselves?? I can't believe you got 4 sketches out of 6 boxes, I bought in total 15 boxes, including 1 case and only found 1 sketch out of all of them. Not only that you got a Pence sketch and a costume/auto. That is amazing good luck. Congrats!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sidewinder:
What did Topps do, keep all the good boxes to themselves?? I can't believe you got 4 sketches out of 6 boxes, I bought in total 15 boxes, including 1 case and only found 1 sketch out of all of them. Not only that you got a Pence sketch and a costume/auto. That is amazing good luck. Congrats!

Thanks Sidewinder! I member of this forum got TEN... TEN hits in their 5 boxes! Some of those cases really were loaded!

Picture of Forever Man
posted Hide Post
Now that is some amazing luck.Way to go Dance

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!

Posts: 158 | Location: Somewhere In Time | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Forever Man:
Now that is some amazing luck.Way to go Dance

Thanks! Wave