Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KenBenz:
quote:
Which price is closer to true value, the $750 or the $24. Wink

There were only 2 people bidding, but my highest bid at the end was much closer to the $750 than the $24.

I've had standing search for "Disney Sketch" and "Disney Treasures", but this listing did not trigger either of them. I stumbled across this one while looking for something else.

Smile

That was a once in a lifetime find for sure. I kind of feel sorry for the seller. If he/she is reading this, they're probably kicking themselves.

But of course if the seller were reading these sorts of forums, they would have known what they had. A good lesson there.

Congrats again. Smile

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
It would be intresting if the winner put the card back on ebay listed correctly as to what it would sell for. Does anyone think it would sell for $750 or would it just go for nearer $24 again.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It would be intresting if the winner put the card back on ebay listed correctly as to what it would sell for. Does anyone think it would sell for $750 or would it just go for nearer $24 again.

It's hard to say because they so rarely appear with most being in the hands of collectors who won't sell for any price.

I would have to guess even in these cash strapped times upwards of $500.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KenBenz:
Been looking for one of these that I could afford for years!!!

Just arrived yesterday! I win the internet! ;-)

http://s16.postimg.org/q3jo5y5f9/IMG_7289.png

Great Job... Gold Star Find!!!

Congrats!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I realize this is an ancient post to respond to, but in case there are promo collectors out there who don't know about this Witchblade promo set, here are some notes. Ten dollars was a good price for it because it was not easy to get at the time. I was one of the people who stood in a long line at the 2000 San Diego Comic Con to get it. TNT was doing a big push for the show, and on one of the days, it had a booth with a long table where some of the actors from the show were sitting. I was unfamiliar with the comic beyond just having heard of the title but I could see that cards were being handed out so I got in line too. When I got up to the table after maybe a 15 minute wait, some singles were handed to me and then I saw unopened packs too. I asked if I could have one and one was given to me. Each of the actors signed an oversized card and that was handed out to everyone as well. I never saw the packs easy to get after that so I assume the main way to get them was to stand in that line.

quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
Great finds, everyone!

I've been without a computer for awhile but before it crashed, I was able to get the 18 card preview set for the Witchblade tv series for a little over $10.00.

Pretty darn good since I saw one go for over fifty dollars.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
My best eBay find of late, in Trek's 50th Year(!), is the Trek 40th Anniversary Picard Costume Rewards card (red variant) #C33A for $25.
Wanted one for years but everyone is usually always asking strong money.

And a few months back I managed to snag the Topps 75th Anniversary 'Modern Gloss' Alien card (numbered to 10) for $45. I've never owned such a rare chase card.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I snagged a Sean Pence Sons of Anarchy Season 4 & 5 Artist Proof of Katey Sagal as Gemma Teller Morrow.

Sean Pence Only did 12 Sketches for this set.

Here she is.....

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Pence nails likenesses, women being a specialty. Another beauty.

From Pence, I have five different cards from Inkworks' "The Spirit" that look exactly like the 5 actors in the movie and a Bette Davis from Breygent Classic Movie Posters that, let's just say, indeed has Bette Davis eyes.

Congrats on the pickup!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Nice Pence sketch! Totally drooling over it. Thumb Up

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I purchased a lot of 6 OUAT costume cards for £56/$80 (including Global Shipping Programme).

I then sold 5 plus 1 one of my duplicates for $50.

After shipping I netted £23.

So this beauty cost me £33 which completes my OUAT costume collection.

No idea what book value is on this but they are super rare.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got these excellent Revenge sketches for less than $20 each Big Grin . Very good value when considering they were less than one per case even taking into account how cheap you can pick up sealed product for.

Brian Kong and Stephanie Swanger.

Gabby Untermayerova and Patricia Ross.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those are really nice. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Triple frog those are some nice sketches.

Warriorbabe: That is a great OUAT costume.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Picked this up for £10.

(Any marks are camera not card)

I collected the relics when they were common upon release; but Queen Cersei and Tyrion were always scarce or expensive.

Now I've managed to get one of the two I needed to complete the set.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Nice looking card Warriorbabe. Thumb Up

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just received my package of the Gotham complete parallel set (base & chase)for the princely sum of $75. Well pleased.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I ordered Arrow season 2 binder with the $25.00 wardrobe card for $33.00.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Just received my package of the Gotham complete parallel set (base & chase)for the princely sum of $75. Well pleased.

Nice