Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Got these two recently

Judi Dench autograph...die another day...99p Eek

Samantha Bond auto full bleed...£2.50 Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Got these two recently

I saw that Dench in completed listings, you lucky bugger! Nice catch. I'd be spitting feathers if I didn't already have that card.
Wink Think you'll be hard pressed to beat that for great eBay finds. Thumb Up

Can't knock S.Bond either!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Got these two recently

Super Great Finds... Congrats!

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I was absolutely thrilled to just get this 2014 SDcc "American Horror Story" 5x7 Sketch by David Desbois.

Like anyone who has an even passing interest in sketch cards and who also has eyes, I've wanted a Desbois for my collection. As I have several times in the past when seeing one of his I really liked listed for bids with a low minimum, I put in my usual (moderately to far too low) bid. A few days later, I was delighted to get the "You Won This Auction" email from Ebay instead of the usual "You Have Been Outbid" message that I expected (and really should have received.)

This cost me less than $60, about what a pack of these cost for the 5 minutes they were available before selling out last July.

"Asylum" is probably my favorite season of the series (along with "Murder House" and "Freak Show", although I also liked "coven" and am greatly looking forward to "Hotel". I'm a fan of the show, haha) and Lilly Rabe played my favorite character that year. Here she is with the Santa suit worn by the demented serial killer played by Ian McShane.

Yet another flawless likeness from Desbois! I'll take good care of it.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Holy cow!! You def. win the Internet with this one!! Metal

I really enjoyed the AHS Asylum sketch set. I pulled a couple of nice ones but my best Ebay win from the set was when I nabbed the original Wu Wei Pepper sketch (the one used for the 5x7 promo) for just under $80.
I was extremely pleased with that win but it doesn't come close to matching your Desbois for $60!! Eek

Asylum was also my favorite season and I'm also greatly anticipating Hotel. I've seen a couple of trailers and they look awsomely creepy! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In a hobby well-populated with lazy renditions passing as "sketch art," that is a masterpiece.

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I was absolutely thrilled to just get this 2014 SDcc "American Horror Story" 5x7 Sketch by David Desbois.

Like anyone who has an even passing interest in sketch cards and who also has eyes, I've wanted a Desbois for my collection. As I have several times in the past when seeing one of his I really liked listed for bids with a low minimum, I put in my usual (moderately to far too low) bid. A few days later, I was delighted to get the "You Won This Auction" email from Ebay instead of the usual "You Have Been Outbid" message that I expected (and really should have received.)

This cost me less than $60, about what a pack of these cost for the 5 minutes they were available before selling out last July.

"Asylum" is probably my favorite season of the series (along with "Murder House" and "Freak Show", although I also liked "coven" and am greatly looking forward to "Hotel". I'm a fan of the show, haha) and Lilly Rabe played my favorite character that year. Here she is with the Santa suit worn by the demented serial killer played by Ian McShane.

Yet another flawless likeness from Desbois! I'll take good care of it.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It wasn't I who won it, but back in July there was an ebay auction in the UK that apparently no one saw

90 plus Mego Museums

37 different Plaid Stallions

12 other Mego related cards

9 different hard to find stickers

Sold for $ 16 !!!!!!!!!

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
It wasn't I who won it, but back in July there was an ebay auction in the UK that apparently no one saw

90 plus Mego Museums

37 different Plaid Stallions

12 other Mego related cards

9 different hard to find stickers

Sold for $ 16 !!!!!!!!!

I think the winner was the only person who saw it. That should have sold for something like $500.
I was amazed the seller went through with it.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Picked up this beauty for £20

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice catch!
Was really expensive back in the day! Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
Nice Find... Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of KenBenz
posted Hide Post
Been looking for one of these that I could afford for years!!!

Just arrived yesterday! I win the internet! ;-)

http://s16.postimg.org/q3jo5y5f9/IMG_7289.png

Posts: 301 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Holy fricking smokes! You win. By the way, How have you been?? I miss seeing you here for years!!!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KenBenz
posted Hide Post
I'm doing well, thanks. Life got in the way for a while, but I'm better now. Smile

Posts: 301 | Location: Rochester, NY | Registered: July 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up
Wow, a $750 to $1,000 card (approx.) for only 24 bucks, delivered!

Those deals are rare, certainly, but this again proves they are out there.

Congrats!!!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Thumb Up
Wow, a $750 to $1,000 card (approx.) for only 24 bucks, delivered!

Those deals are rare, certainly, but this again proves they are out there.

They are out there because there is so much out there it's like panning for gold, you have to go through a ton of dirt before you hit a nugget.

Also the glut of merchandise on the supply side has resulted in decreasing demand, which in turn means decreasing prices as less people are competing for items and the high prices are not holding.

That kind of a price difference from even $750 to sell for $24 is way beyond normal, but it just goes to show that with a collectible card or sketch or autograph, it all depends on how you look at it. Which price is closer to true value, the $750 or the $24. Wink

Congrats on a great buy. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It sold for that price because it was poorly listed. Does not even mention " sketch " in the wording.

Congrats on a great find Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
It sold for that price because it was poorly listed. Does not even mention " sketch " in the wording. /QUOTE]

Agreed, there is usually a poor listing involved that narrows the field of potential buyers whenever these dirt cheap bargains are found.

However it did mention Disney and was in the right categories and there were 6 bids, plus a seller who apparently didn't know enough to put a minimum bid on an item that should have sold in the hundreds of dollars.

These finds are out there because the collectibles markets are overwhelmed and the new stuff has short term demand, while the old stuff has more people wanting to sell than buy.

I think I wrote recently in the other thread about holy grail cards that it is a really good time to try to revisit those unaffordable white whales and see what pops up. You might get a nice surprise. Smile

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Well done KenBenz on a truly great find. If I was a Disney card collector I am sure I would be spitting blood with envy. That will be a hard eBay find to top for sure!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KenBenz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which price is closer to true value, the $750 or the $24. Wink

There were only 2 people bidding, but my highest bid at the end was much closer to the $750 than the $24.

I've had standing search for "Disney Sketch" and "Disney Treasures", but this listing did not trigger either of them. I stumbled across this one while looking for something else.

Smile