Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
IMO... I'm really starting to recent those lenticular few to a set cards... it's like a major tease. It's like they're saying, "We could give you an entire fabulous set like this card, but we won't because it's cheaper for us to do this." Roll Eyes

I see what you're saying though Redemption but do you actually own any of them or have you ever held one in hand? I ask because they are VERY VERY thick cards (as thick as some Topps costume cards) and that is why the motion on them is so so good. However I imagine that is another reason why you wouldn't see an entire set like this; they are probably expensive to manufacture and would probably create difficulty when packaging eg. you'd probably only get two carads in a pack! Unless of course the cards were made thinner but then some of the quality would be lost as a consequence.

I think less is more with these groovy cards (IMO).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tialessa,

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
I see what you're saying though Redemption but do you actually own any of them or have you ever held one in hand? I ask because they are VERY VERY thick cards (as thick as some Topps costume cards) and that is why the motion on them is so so good. However I imagine that is another reason why you wouldn't see an entire set like this; they are probably expensive to manufacture and would probably create difficulty when packaging eg. you'd probably only get two carads in a pack! Unless of course the cards were made thinner but then some of the quality would be lost as a consequence.

I think less is more with these groovy cards (IMO).

Those sound like some Marvel motion cards I have that are superthick and made of a harder material.

RA has done some fantastic motion cards. I'm not complaining about the quality of the cards. I just want more. Big Grin

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not complaining about the quality of the cards. I just want more. Big Grin

Oh I know you're not, I just don't think motion cards of Artbox's quality given their size would be practical for a full release.

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
In the mail today, I received an Alias Season 1 PW-2, with unmarked voided redemption card - $25.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll see if I can pick one up cheap. I'm not really all that much into the Potter's, but you've made me curious.

You won't be disappointed, no scan could ever do those cards justice.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Buffy Season 2 How to Lose Your Soul coffin card - BIN £8.99 Big Grin

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
Arrived Today:

Charmed Conversations: A3 Drew Fuller
P-1, P-i, P-SD
Charming Men CM5, CM6
Charmed Connections: CC-P2
Charmed Season 1: P0, P1

Total £11.26

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Beatles99
posted Hide Post
My best Ebay find has to be the Harry Potter wand 25 case incentive card #12/28 $400.00 U.S.....that's less than 1/2 the selling price !!!!

Posts: 9 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Those wand incentive cards are just all so gorgeous!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Excellent card Beatles99!

I love the coin cards they have as well! I could never afford them, but wish I could. Wink

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful card Drool. I wish i had one in my collection.

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Star Trek Art & Images binder promo P3. 99c. Thumb Up

$4 to post it. Whats wrong with this picture? Big Grin

After waiting a month for this to turn up the dealer now says he can't find it. Frown Twak

Now he sent me half a dozen star trek P1's that i allready have. I must try and contact him again.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of darbow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmatsuda:
quote:
Originally posted by darbow:
Arrived Today:

Charmed Conversations: A3 Drew Fuller
P-1, P-i, P-SD
Charming Men CM5, CM6
Charmed Connections: CC-P2
Charmed Season 1: P0, P1

Total £11.26

Woohoo...nicely done! Dance

Thanks, ended up in a biding war with Someone so the price went up a bit Wink

Posts: 457 | Location: Bristol, U.K | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

After waiting a month for this to turn up the dealer now says he can't find it. Frown Twak

Sorry to hear that Wolfie. Did you get a refund?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Wolfie, that's aweful. Frown I hope you get your money back.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congratulation Beatles99 on that super cool Harry Potter wand card! Thumb Up Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Just came in today's mail:
from SPIKE THE COMPLETE STORY autograph card #A5 K.D. Aubert as Nikki Wood (the 2nd slayer that Spike killed) for $6.96. Dance

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Clap Clap Clap That's excellent Angelina!
I think I payed twice that much before shipping! Razz

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clap Clap Clap That's excellent Angelina!
I think I payed twice that much before shipping! Razz

Awesome deal! Smile

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
quote:
quote:

Sorry to hear that Wolfie. Did you get a refund?

Yes sorry to hear that and I hope things work out. Frown

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post