Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Elephant Elephant Elephant Thumb Up

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
All 6 pieceworks from The Seeker:The Dark is Rising for $57. I already had 3 of them but thought that this was too good to miss (about £28). They were waiting for me when I got back from a few days away and found that the ones I have are completely different variants! Result!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
That's just incredible and very cheap. congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Picked up a couple of bargains (well, I think so!)
William Franklyn (RIP) autograph card from The New Avengers (the "Schhhh...You Know Who" man and also the voice of the Book in the later Hitch-Hiker radio series amongst many other things) for £3.21, and the Diana Rigg Gold Foil facsimile auto card from the first Strictly Ink Avengers set for £1.20
Plus, in the last few weeks I've been managing to fill odd gaps in my CSI: Miami set for very low prices - got Brian Poth and Joe Chappelle for 99p each, and I'm currently waiting for Cristian de la Fuente for which I paid £1 (all prices not including postage) And my gradually expanding The Avengers 2 set has seen the addition of Peter Barkworth for £1.71!

Don't worry; I WILL still have money for Memorabilia...
Au Res.,
Paul (no website at the momente, hence no scans)

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One time on ebay around when Phil Rizzuto passed away I got his certified autograph card off of ebay.It only cost like $27.00 or something.It is a 2001 donruss signature series and it books for $50.00.About a week to 2 weeks later I went to my local card shop.The guy was selling that same card for $70.00.I got such a good deal!

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's not very cheap but my best eBay find was an X-men The Last Stand 6-case incentive Hugh Jackman/Wolverine auto. The opening bid was $199.99 and that's what I won it for.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I have just won the final 2 archive sketches to make my set of five from DC Legacy - five I thought I would never get Dance

Bryan Hitchen - Penguin - $56
Ian Dorian - Darkseid - $88.76
Mike Lilly - Supergirl - $127.50
Guy Dorian - Superman - $187.39
Jessica Hickman - Raven - $134.50

Grand total = $594.15. Scans when I recieve the cards.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I have just won the final 2 archive sketches to make my set of five from DC Legacy - five I thought I would never get Dance

Bryan Hitchen - Penguin - $56
Ian Dorian - Darkseid - $88.76
Mike Lilly - Supergirl - $127.50
Guy Dorian - Superman - $187.39
Jessica Hickman - Raven - $134.50

Grand total = $594.15. Scans when I recieve the cards.

Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well done Graham. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justm:
All 6 pieceworks from The Seeker:The Dark is Rising for $57. I already had 3 of them but thought that this was too good to miss (about £28). They were waiting for me when I got back from a few days away and found that the ones I have are completely different variants! Result!! Thumb Up

Everyone has done extremely well but justm... I've seen the pw2 go for that high ALONE. Well done, my friend!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
indredible cheap archive sketches. congrats

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PaNdeM0niuM:
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
This is not necessarily my best Ebay find, but it is up there. A 1991 Pro Set Little Mermaid stand-up (pop-up) story promo card. Looks like the original promo card, but pops up into a standing form.

These were hard to get and from what I know, pretty expensive. The last one that I saw sold for $68. I got mine for $5.51. I am very happy.

Mike.

There was an ebay auction which ended yesterday
Item number: 320170345281
it sold for $10
maybe these aren't considered so rare anymore?
anyone have the latest NSU price on this card? My guide only says "spec"

They are pretty hard to get still. I just think most people don't know about it, or do not have it on their needs list.

One person pretty much controls the supplies of these (not me) and probably will release them systematically for some time to come.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
One person pretty much controls the supplies of these (not me) and probably will release them systematically for some time to come.

Mike.

People know this which is why the price has come crashing down, nobody knows how big the pile is and will not bet much cash on it.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I got this beauty for just under $35

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Yay! I like that Luthor, Jane- I still need an Andy Price sketch, I am shocked I haven't pulled one of his yet since he doesn't have a limited number of sketches in the set.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Picked up a lot of 12 DC Legacy gold cards and 2 First Cover cards for $4 Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CardFan77
posted Hide Post
Finally I had some luck today with the new Star Trek Complete Movies Set. Big Grin I got :

- 2 of 4 Camp Khitomer Cards (1:120 each, Vulcan and Romulan)
- Auto of W.Morgan Sheppard (Limited)
- Auto of George Murdock

for 45.43 dollars Dance

Posts: 194 | Location: Leipzig, Germany | Registered: December 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Well, technically this isn't an ebay purchase, but I have purchased from this person on ebay before...

I finally bit the bullet and bought a card at the card show today that I have wanted for a long time. It was a sizable purchase (don't even want to say the price out loud to myself), but was cheaper than I have ever seen it. I have bought from the seller many times over the years and he cut me a good deal:

Freddie Highmore Charlie and the Chocolate Factory autograph! Dance

I know I will never buy the Depp auto. Can't justify the high price. But aside from the Helena Bonham Carter autograph (which I also purchased from the same dealer earlier), this was the one I most wanted. Only two more autographs needed to have one of each of the kids!

Very pleased to get this one!

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:
Well, technically this isn't an ebay purchase, but I have purchased from this person on ebay before...

I finally bit the bullet and bought a card at the card show today that I have wanted for a long time. It was a sizable purchase (don't even want to say the price out loud to myself), but was cheaper than I have ever seen it. I have bought from the seller many times over the years and he cut me a good deal:

Freddie Highmore Charlie and the Chocolate Factory autograph! Dance

I know I will never buy the Depp auto. Can't justify the high price. But aside from the Helena Bonham Carter autograph (which I also purchased from the same dealer earlier), this was the one I most wanted. Only two more autographs needed to have one of each of the kids!

Very pleased to get this one!

Congrats on a great find!! Clap Metal Thumb UpI've been searching for that card for awhile now myself and it hardly ever turns up. I know there's less than 90 of it in existence so it's very rare and it usually sells over book price. It's a sweet card!

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
I finally bit the bullet and bought a card at the card show today that I have wanted for a long time. It was a sizable purchase (don't even want to say the price out loud to myself), but was cheaper than I have ever seen it.

That's what is important, that you got a card you really wanted. Congratulations.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post