Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Got a Xena Beauty&Brawn Xena costume card C7 on BIN for $15.00 Smile A lovely piece, as are all of this card I have seen.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Another BIN purchase Big Grin Hercules (Topps) Embossed E5 Deinera for $8. I have been looking for 4,5 and 6 for ages!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
A sealed box of Cat in The Hat trading cards (Comic Images) for £13.50 including P&P.

I'm hoping for the Dakota Fanning costume card! Wish me luck! Wink

Olly X

I got a couple of boxes in Philly a couple years ago for $15 each, absolutely nothing! I hope your luck is better than mine!

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dobby The House Elf:
quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
A sealed box of Cat in The Hat trading cards (Comic Images) for £13.50 including P&P.

I'm hoping for the Dakota Fanning costume card! Wish me luck! Wink

Olly X

I got a couple of boxes in Philly a couple years ago for $15 each, absolutely nothing! I hope your luck is better than mine!

Eek, let's hope so! Eek At the end of the day £13 isn't a huge loss if the box wields nothing, but I'll still be dissapointed. Frown

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
but I got that card for about the same as Cardz_House and I've seen it for auction several times since then...

...I thought the really rare one was the Heston card which I rarely see and usually goes for big bucks. Confused

Yep, you are right to say the Heston card was the rarest. The astronaut suit was the next rarest. Its quite a coincidence to see several such cards turning up at the same time though as the suit costume card is often rarely seen in the past and fetches a high price too.

Hmmmme... then I got lucky that time and I should have posted it here too. Big Grin Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Not really a high end sketch, but I like it a lot. It is a simple Arwen sketch by Shum. Got it for about $8. Thumb Up

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
That is one nice sketch Smile I also got a simple Arwen sketch from Shum- numbered 496 in a coincedence!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Had no expectations in all honesty to win this. guy listed it at a weird time, and took a not so good photo, but jeez. Russel Walks (200 total) true 1 of a kind pippin sketch, and its actually sorta nice...won it 37 dollars. Next lowest russel walks sketch out of the series sold 100 dollars. Im just not understanding ebay some times.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Mummy Returns.

Oded Fehr auto.

£5.75 shipped. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Just won a Charmed Season One promo PC-i for $18.06 Big Grin
Bid $17 on one a few weeks back, and it sold for $17.01!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
just won a lot of Nickspression cards and stickers....106 cards and 96 stickers for less then $5 Big Grin

now i just need to start trading for the ones i need Thumb Up

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Not sure how great a find this is, but I am happy with it:

All 17 of the Buffy PALZ cards shipped for $43.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I won an auction for a Serenity lot for $50. It had the binder, a base set (which was the one thing that I didn't need), one of the box toppers that I was missing, the three Women of Serenity that I needed, two of the puzzle pieces that I didn't have, the Jayne pieceworks (which I don't think is a variant, but they are getting harder to find anyways), and a Sean Maher auto card (which I do have, but Simon is my favorite character).

Considering how hard the binder is to get, as well as the fact that I paid about the same for my first Sean Maher card, I am pretty happy with this as it fills in a lot of my holes for my Serenity set. I am only two puzzle pieces away from having a mini master set, and a couple of autos and pieceworks from a master set (which unfortunately includes both from Kaylee, the River auto, and the Inara auto Shake Head)

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what they're usually worth, or go for (haven't looked) but I got the Charmed Power of Three A10 for US$11.30 postage inclusive Smile
I don't normally collect that set but the exchange rate between AUD and CHF was almost non-existant so I had to have it Wink

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Not me, but someone got a good bargain on an auction I was watching for a Charmed Season 1 Binder which sold at GBP 51.00 (sorry, my keyboard doesn't have that symbol Big Grin)

It probably had something to do with the person's feedback. I was going to bid, but was wary about their comments.

Anyways, I'm still waiting for one of those rare binders that aren't damaged. They are out there Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
Last night, I won two LOTR Evolution costume cards from the same seller -- a Pippen cloak for $3 and a Galadriel cloak for $5. With shipping, the total came up to $10! Now if only I could find an Arwen or Gandalf card for that price...

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually just stayed up until 1:30 in the morning for this one, i just got the John Wayne sketch card (full colour) by Cynthia Cummins it is shown on the Breygent site, top right of the sample sketch cards.Breygent wayne cards Winning price was $23.51, I dont know how many of these full colours Cynthia did but dont think it was that many.

Very pleased

David

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Just won a bunch of Charmed Season 1 cards - PC-i GBP 9.50; PB-1 GBP 10.50; SF-1 GBP 19.00.
They are the main ones I was after.
Now I have two SF-1's Wink

Even though I spent way too much overall I'm happy I won them all and no-one was able to outbid me Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Just received a Nathan Fillion Buffy 7 auto card for apx. $35 shipped. Not sure if that is a good price or not, but it's the first card I have been able to buy for a long long time. And anyway, he's my future husband so that makes it sweeter Wink

Posts: 1950 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Well, the latest and probably last big auto cards I will be able to afford for a loooooonnnnnggg time (due to frustrating personal financial crud), arrived from ebay over the last two days. The first two cards are ones I have been wanting for a long time and finally I just bit the bullet and bought them.

The first one is a Hal Holbrook Outer Limits autograph I have been looking for at an affordable price. Found it on ebay for only $35 Buy it Now. Very pleased with it. He has been a family favorite for many years. My mom took us uncultured kids to the "theatah" once to see him perform in a one man play about Mark Twain. I credit his performance in the play as the impetus in getting me to read almost every word Twain ever wrote. Also enjoyed his work in the movies and TV. Glad to own it for my personal collection.

The second card represents the attaining of an autograph of one of my earliest cinematic crushes: the lovely Julie Christie. As a lad, I saw her in "Dr. Zhivago" and fell in filmic love at first sight. I got this one as a Buy it Now on ebay, but am embarrassed at the high price I paid. Let's just say it wouldn't be considered a conventional "steal". But, I am very pleased and consider it money well-spent.

The final card is my Richard Griffiths (Uncle Vernon) autograph card that the good people at Artbox redeemed for me, even though it was technically expired. Thanks again, Artbox Thumb Up

Here are scans of the three cards. I am curtailing my purchases for the most part, though I will still occasionally pick up some on ebay. Will hope to build my collection through trading. Thanks for looking, guys and for putting up with this longwinded post! Red Face

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post