Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of LittleEarthquakes
posted Hide Post
Not an eBay find, but I just snagged an Alias Season 3 Mia Maestro Auto Card for US$35. Dance

Posts: 285 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulaions on that Alias 3 Mia Auto!

I will take a look at your lists now.
Thanks -- Chris

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
got my Tick Test Set today Thumb Up

had to pop the hindes (the original Tick Test Set sticker still seals the case)

cards 1-32 and A-D....very cool Metal

uhmmmmm......this is the first Tick Test Set i've seen so....does anyone know if the hand signed card A normal or what? Confused

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Got a pic?

I saw this one on ebay a while ago...

...but I have no idea where it's from. Shake Head

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starwolf1001
posted Hide Post
nope, that one's from the 1997 Comic Images series.

the one in the set is The Tick's face on a blue background with The Tick symbol in gold foil and Ben's signature in gold ink (checklist on the back)

interesting thing about the cards......
cards #1 - #32 all have 1991 on them, and the A-D cards (which in only know from the checklist) have 1992 (also A-D are in full color, #1-#16 are in black/white/red, #17-32 are black/white/red/ and usually blue)

also, again, cards #1-16 are different stock then the others and are mis-cut, you can really tell how the sets were made Smile

"No Amount of therapy will ever make this moment ok."

Posts: 9361 | Location: grants, nm, usa | Registered: June 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Picked up another bargain Xena&Hercules Animated auto: Paris Jefferson (Athena) for $6.00
Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I just bagged a good one, but I won't say what it is until I've received it...Big Grin

It's one of those ones I'd thought I'd never get in this lifetime! It's a wonder no-one outbid me, but I'm happy no-one did!

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Charisma Carpenter Angel Season 2 auto for £58.00!

Not much of a great eBay find since they generally go for that price, but its the 1 auto I've always wanted Smile

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I got mine for £70 BIN. But, at the time it didn't bother me as I wanted to get at least one auto I'd ordinarily never be able to afford. Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
I got mine for £70 BIN. But, at the time it didn't bother me as I wanted to get at least one auto I'd ordinarily never be able to afford. Smile

Its still a good price though, and probably the most valuable card from Angel Season 2 (excluding the dual auto of course, lol). I remember last year I almost won one for $200, so I'm glad I missed out.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMal:
quote:

Its still a good price though, and probably the most valuable card from Angel Season 2 (excluding the dual auto of course, lol). I remember last year I almost won one for $200, so I'm glad I missed out.

When I sold my extra of this auto on eBay, I got $185 for it. I was pleasantly surprised, and I think that anything under $150 for it is a real bargain.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just bagged a good one, but I won't say what it is until I've received it...

It's one of those ones I'd thought I'd never get in this lifetime!

Oooh, can't wait to hear it. I'm in the same boat myself, I scored a fantastic lot last week, and should receive it sometime this week. I'll post about when it arrives.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
My most recent ebay acquisitions are:

• Star Trek TNG Quotable costume Wesley Crusher - Red for £5.95
  • SERENITY PW1 Pieceworks Card - Mal's Shirt for £7.99
  • Carry On Up The Card 20-card set for £4.99
  • 15 card Cliff Richard Trading Card Set for £4.99
  • Complete Babylon 5 Women In Motion Set W1-W21 for $40

There are two more cards that I am really excited about and which I consider to re real jaw-dropping bargains. I will list these when they actually arrive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
  • CLIFF RICHARD????? That's taking non-sports to the extreme. He's not a shadow of his former self Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of Star*Mystyk
    posted Hide Post
    I didn't know Cliff Richard *had* a trading card set. LOL.

Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of Boldlygone
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by wolfman-golf:
    quote:
  • Carry On Up The Card 20-card set for £4.99

• What is this?? Confused

It is a 20 card set of caricature pictures (they look like miniatures of painting) of Carry on Actors. The set is by Sporting Profiles of London.
    Would you like me to add some scans?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of tsmeltzer
    posted Hide Post
    There is a set of the up on THAT auction site w/about 6 scans....saves BG the trouble of scanning, and satisfies Wolfie's curiosity all in one - search for "carry on" card.

alternate email:
    tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of Boldlygone
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Graham:
    quote:
  • CLIFF RICHARD????? That's taking non-sports to the extreme. He's not a shadow of his former self Big Grin

I grew up surrounded by his music. I remember when I was very young ( about 5 or 6 I think)I was taken to see Cliff and the Shadows at the London Palladium. After the show we were round by the stage doors I think and Cliff's car came out and ran over my foot. Do you think it's too late to sue Big Grin. Anyway, my mother was/is BIG fan. I HAD to like him. I was searching eBay for a mother's day prezzie when saw these.
    The fronts show scenes from his movies while the backs make up a puzzle. the cards are not numbered or dated but the 1st card is titled "The Cliff Richard Collection" and the last card says ( on the back) Sporting Profiles.

here are scans:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Titanium Card Talk Member
    Picture of wolfie
    posted Hide Post
    These are like the new Audrey Hepburn set, they make up large pictures with the backs.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of Star*Mystyk
    posted Hide Post
    In that last picture he looks a bit like Jason Priestley (from Tru Calling), lol.