Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Since when is c rap a word that gets censored?

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
quote:
Originally posted by shauninbuckner:
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
quote:
Thanks for the support, Redemption and david963! I apologize if I came across as snotty or callous. I guess I'm a little on the protective side of my collection.

I need to scan the cards, actually. I ended up getting the sketches I paid for, but different cards! I'll do comparisons between the eBay pictures and the scans of what I got. Weird how it works sometimes!

I got the Greg Grunberg auto in yesterday, and it looks way better in person. I think I should just trade the last few sports cards & comics off for non-sport and get in full swing!

Sorry about the rant. Thanks again, you two. I appreciate it deeply.

To be honest the person you purchased them from probably has about 20 of his sketches and it's really not worth keep scanning them. The nice thing about collecting his sketches is that you can pick them up for $1, they're very easy to find as they're still in plentiful supply, and you only need to buy 2 from each set to have a master set. Smile One of the card talk members was shredding Waterhouse sketches on You Tube (I think his Waterhouse collection just got too big too quickly) so be careful not to expand your collection too quickly. Another great place to find his work are in boxes of Crystal Skull, I was lucky enough to get 2 out of a 4 box purchase. Another great artist to look out for is Brent Woodside whose work commands similar prices Big Grin

Thanks very much for all of the great and useful information! I sincerely appreciate your time. It's great to be able to collect sketches on my budget and still enjoy the artist's style! I hope to add a couple more Waterhouse sketches from KOTCS soon. Beyond that, I'll just have to see what I can find!

I will have to look around at some Woodside stuff. Thanks for the tip there as well. Looking forward to it!

LOL! Your too much! He was being sarcastic about Woodside. His sketches are a joke as well. I wasn't trying to be mean, but when we pull this **** it gets aggravating and to see you like it is mezmerizing to say the least.

I am well aware of that, thank you. I guess it's nice to be one of the few fans of his work. Good to know there's not a whole lot of competition. Thank you for your honesty and your time. I appreciate both.

Posts: 127 | Location: Schaumburg, IL | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess it's nice to be one of the few fans of his work. Good to know there's not a whole lot of competition. Thank you for your honesty and your time. I appreciate both.

God bless you, sir! Enjoy your Waterhouse sketches!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TheUberBob:
quote:
I guess it's nice to be one of the few fans of his work. Good to know there's not a whole lot of competition. Thank you for your honesty and your time. I appreciate both.

God bless you, sir! Enjoy your Waterhouse sketches!

-Bob-

And you, my good man! I will do exactly that.

-Shaun

Posts: 127 | Location: Schaumburg, IL | Registered: February 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I wish I could enjoy Waterhouse sketches Frown I just get a deflated feeling when I spend £30 on a box of cards and pull a doodle worth about £1 that an "artist" drew in 30 seconds.

Anyway so I can't be accused of going off topic my best find was a case of Heroes 2 for $320 delivered to the UK. Okay not the cheapest but I'd purchased from this seller before and always got lucky. This time I got 14 hits out of 8 boxes including an Adrian Pasdar auto costume card Metal

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
I wish I could enjoy Waterhouse sketches Frown I just get a deflated feeling when I spend £30 on a box of cards and pull a doodle worth about £1 that an "artist" drew in 30 seconds.

Anyway so I can't be accused of going off topic my best find was a case of Heroes 2 for $320 delivered to the UK. Okay not the cheapest but I'd purchased from this seller before and always got lucky. This time I got 14 hits out of 8 boxes including an Adrian Pasdar auto costume card Metal

And I can certainly understand how you'd feel slighted in pulling one in that aspect. Pulling one and buying one as a single can create two very different feelings, I bet. Wink

Fantastic break on the case! I'd love to see the auto/costume, actually. I've never really bought a box that could yield great hits like that. Nice pull indeed!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Pretty quick shipping time on this one, the Summer Glau Serenity auto I won for $49 arrived safely today.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice card and a nice price. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
If they do a Sarah Chronicles set I hope she'll sign for that too. I prefer to buy autos for the show or film that I was interesed in, rather than for the actors auto in general, that's just meSmile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
That's just me too Wink

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
From Stargate season 10 I was able to get a c49 Vala flower variant with insured shipping for $11 total and O'Neill patch card pc1 with shipping for $17. I was very happy with those two purchases.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
Pretty quick shipping time on this one, the Summer Glau Serenity auto I won for $49 arrived safely today.

Very Nice eBay find... Thumb Up

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Eventually managed to track down a Lost S3 Promo L3-P in the UK for £2.04 inc. p&p

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:

A truly amazing find. We get allsorts of apparent bargains on this thread but this has gotta be one of the best. Nice one Incarnadine your karma must truly be high!!

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just won a HOBBY box of Batman Begins for $11.99 "Buy It Now" + $6.50 s/h Dance -- eBay #250287498245

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Won this last night: $22.99 inc postage

The last of Scott Houseman's spoof Star Wars cards that he was selling.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
Hey everyone.

I won a card on ebay that I had to show off.

This is my first Donruss Americana auto so I didn't know what to expect.

First off, I am not a fan of sticker autos nor do I really like the card itself, IMO the card stock is thin and I am not a fan of the silver foil on the side of the card.

But I love the character on Desperate Housewives so I had to bid.
All in all, I won it for 99 cents with $2.50 shipping. The card is numbered 42/50.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I won:

Buffy Memories PW-11 (Kennedy)
Buffy Memories PW-8 (Tara)

Both for 18 Pound Smile

Posts: 4328 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Just got these three for $108.77 inc.postage. Well happy Dance

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post