Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Star*Mystyk:
E]

When did Inkworks start with the "Guaranteed one auto (and now PW) per box" thing? If it wasn't back when S4 and 5 were out, perhaps I'd be better off leaving the boxes unopened for the time being. Its not like I need the inserts or common cards, and I can't think of a thing I'd trade the boxes for, anyway lol.

Season 5 was sort of a transition year. Season 4 was the last of the tough years (autos were about 1:3 boxes) and season 6 was the first year they guaranteed 1 per box. Season 5 was about 2 autos per 3 boxes if I recall and had a lower print run than season 4 which is probably why they seemed to vanish so fast.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Mad I can post someone else's best find since they outbid me by $.50! It was an Alias Bust (statue) for $5.50! It usually retails for $40. Grrr Darn work, couldn't get back on to bid!

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
Well, it's not an ebay find. But I bought a Eliza Dushku Angel 4 Unredeemed Autographed Redemption card on another Auction site for NZ$7.00 + postage. Inkworks have redeemed it for me now Smile

http://groups.msn.com/nonsportcards/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=136

Cheers, Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Pete, that reminds me of when I picked up the Buffy Season 5 "Xander's Double" unredeemd redemption card from an Aussie seller who obviously had no idea that anyone worldwide can send them in to be redeemed. I can't remember what I bought it for, but i had no bidding competition, and won it for her opening price. It was under AU$20, that's all i remember.

Who knows, I probably posted about it in this topic somewhere (and I've forgotten). Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
My boxes arrived today.
Bugger it, I'll just open them. Can't have them sitting there staring at me, lol!

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Well I guess since I bought a couple of Bond Quot. boxes for roughly $80 total and wind up pulling a Sophie Marceau out of one box and the Roger Moore out of the other box,these can be classified as a very good ebay find.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I just got the Memorabilia exclusive 9 card preview set for U.F.O.

This was limited to only 300 sets.

Price? £1.24 Clap Bouncey Elephant Dance

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
well, it wasnt ebay, but another auction site - found a Brent Spiner Insurrection auto for $85!!!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of slackjawedyokel
posted Hide Post
About a year ago I managed to snag a sealed Babylon 5 premier ccg booster box for $6. Considering they can sell anywhere from $25-45 I thought it was a steal.
Cheers - Pete

Posts: 889 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I finally snagged a Fans of the Game Tia Carrere autograph card (34/100) for a bargain price of $41. I stll don't know how it slipped through, they usually end anywhere from around $70 to $110.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Recently I did a Buy it Now for a Brent Spiner Outer Limits autograph for about $40. Even though it wasn't Star Trek, it matters not a whit to me. I have wanted an auto of his for a long time. Also once got a Burt Reynolds Twilight Zone autograph for $30 on the 'Bay.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I just won a season 2 Xena auto card A10 Ephiny Danielle Cormack for £30.05.
Not bad considering i've only ever seen it on sale once, and the price was £99.95.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
Not ebay, but I just got a Xena Season 2 Urban auto card for less than $25 Smile Now I'm impatiently waiting Smile Smile Smile

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of prophecygirl
posted Hide Post
Just got a Buffy Season 4 'New Beginnings' uncut sheet for £8 Dance

Buffy the Vampire Slayer 1997-2003

Posts: 1489 | Location: Stockport, UK | Registered: August 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
The other day, I got a bunch of Buffy Promo cards:
B4-3, SFX-2, B7-1, BB-1, P-UK, A3-UK, A5-1, A4-UK and....

BM-1! Probably the hardest promo to find, especially in mint condition.
I have 2 of these now Smile

Got the lot for £10.50.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jen
posted Hide Post
Angel season 2 mini master set for £8.50 and Angel season 3 mini master set for £10.00.
Smile

Posts: 41 | Location: scotland (uk) | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Still think the Ben Kingley autograph from the Thunderbirds set for 9 pounds is going to be a steal in the long run. Got a Sophie Myles Luv You for the same price.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of doggonit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew David:
That is a steal, that guy's won Oscars ! A genuine auto by him has got to be worth a lot more than that, crazy price. Eek

completely agree Metal
a poor film has kept the price way below what it should be worth for an actor of His stature
I've bought His and Sophies for under £9 too ( and Frakes ) Smile

Posts: 717 | Location: uk | Registered: April 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
I just won a Xena Beauty&Brawn A23 Melinda Clarke Velasca for £10!

I have been after this for ages Big Grin

Now I have to decide what is going to happen to my Melinda Clarke Enterprise auto card!

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Just snapped up 4 James Bond 40th Anniversary autos and the Inkworks TWINE Serena Scott Thomas auto and 4 promo cards for US$35. No one bidded on it and I guess that had much to do with the auction heading 'James Bond 007 Trading Card Singles Page'. There's another current auction for just the TWINE Serena auto and now already at £31.03 (about US$58).

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post