Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, well done.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I share this with y'all cuz it gets funnier to me by the minute...

I won a Twilight promo P-UK for GBP 1.04 last month. Although other purchases from this seller arrived briskly, the Twilight P-UK never arrived & I was promptly issued a paypal refund after waiting 5 weeks.

And from another seller I won an Iron Man Jeff Bridges costume card for $1.50 USD. Now this seller was more creative. He sent me a Jeff Bridges CC3 instead, and when I informed him of the error, he promptly issued a refund too.

Sometimes I wish these sellers would just submit shill bids to get the auction price up to where they want it. Sure would reduce my disappointment +
wasted time/effort. Wink

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
I share this with y'all cuz it gets funnier to me by the minute...

I won a Twilight promo P-UK for GBP 1.04 last month. Although other purchases from this seller arrived briskly, the Twilight P-UK never arrived & I was promptly issued a paypal refund after waiting 5 weeks.

And from another seller I won an Iron Man Jeff Bridges costume card for $1.50 USD. Now this seller was more creative. He sent me a Jeff Bridges CC3 instead, and when I informed him of the error, he promptly issued a refund too.

Sometimes I wish these sellers would just submit shill bids to get the auction price up to where they want it. Sure would reduce my disappointment +
wasted time/effort. Wink

This sounds uncannily like what happened to me when I won a Wolverine Origins Ryan Reynolds auto card for $12...

Funny how it always happens with the bargains... Wink

Posts: 213 | Location: SY, England | Registered: October 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thats exactly right Simon!

Glad you could appreciate the story I tried to convey... That Reynolds auto would have been a sweet buy for you too.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've said it before, winning an auction for a great price is one thing, getting it is another. You've won nothing until you have it in your hand.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Too true - had 2 great looking sean pence sketch cards that never arrived and I lost the money too Shake Head

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Picked up a Dina Meyer auto from the ST Quotable Movies set for £7 last nigth. Been after her auto for a while and am very happy with the price.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Seem to be having a lucky run with cards.....

Charmed Conversations PWCC7 Phoebe white for £6.99 a few weeks ago.

Xena Animated Czop Callisto case topper for $16.49 yesterday Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Won a Celebrity cuts Movie stars Josh Duhamel autograph signed with name and Transformers for 11.99 card is numbered 18/22

Goes good with my James Caan Americana Auto for a Las Vegas Collection Big Grin

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
nice ones Jim Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post

£5.50

$5 Big Grin

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Now i've only just won this, but as the shipping is insured I can't keep the news to myself. My jaw dropped open when I saw the "you have won" email in my eBay folder.

$17.75 for Xena Animated autos Callisto and Xena Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I've wanted a Xena auto ever since I started card collecting.

Shipping is $20 for insured but why not!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice. Thumb Up

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
yeah what that wolfie chap said Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Used buy it nows to pick Roundtree and Zima Heroes auto's from the same dealer for £13 inc postage. Two of the auto's I wanted at a great price.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got a lot of Heroes auto's for cheap prices - when they arrive they will be good finds Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Got a lot of Heroes auto's for cheap prices - when they arrive they will be good finds Big Grin

There's a few more I'm after, going to pick up them in the next few weeks.

Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
bought 8 packs of buffy reflections for total of $6.00...just opened my last pack and guess what i pulled!?

A1- Anthony Stewart Head/Giles autograph!

the last auto i needed from that set Smile

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well done, great stuff. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tragicend:
bought 8 packs of buffy reflections for total of $6.00...just opened my last pack and guess what i pulled!?

A1- Anthony Stewart Head/Giles autograph!

the last auto i needed from that set Smile

That is pretty darn sweet, the only time I ever pulled anything out of loose packs on eBay was when I pulled a John Ritter from a set of unopened Buffy season 2 packs- that Giles is definitely a sweet card!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post