Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
I just got a LOST Fan Club promo for under $15.00 Smile

I managed to get one as well for that price, well $14.99 to be precise. I think it may of been from the same seller as he/she had quite a few available.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Well done, Jane and CaptainMal! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just won a Jonas Quinn C28 costume card from season 8. £5.90 with postage.
Can't tell what it looks like yet becuase I'm not sure if the photo on the auction page is the actual card or a stock photo.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Thanks Redemption,SciFiMom.
Just hope it's the one in the picture. It's got crease right though the middle of it and a few specks of red and green. Here's the pic that was used on the auction page, Hope I'm allowed to do this.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations AJJ27UK! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
I was watching that auction! I really hope that is the card you get. Smile

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
A little off topic I know, but just felt the need to say Aaliyah's version of 'When Doves Cry' is awesome. Such a beautiful song!

Yes a very beautiful song!
quote:
Originally posted by terihatcherfan:
Anyways, yeah, back to eBay... Roll Eyes Big Grin

Bougth unopened Boxes of Buffy Reflections for £21,00 and of Spike TCS for £26,99 from the same seller (I just couldn't resist).

Why it's my best eBay find? The Buffy Reflections box contained this little gem: Dance Dance Dance

I will post both box breakdowns in the breakdown section.

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
(The Spike Box contained Clem's auto)

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Well done, Cee_Jay! Clap

Picture of terihatcherfan
posted Hide Post
Cee_Jay that's awesome! Thumb Up

Posts: 481 | Location: South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: October 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Oh... My... God! Eek

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I can't believe that I have just won a Buffy Season 2 Anthony Stewart Head autograph for £31! My heart was literally in my mouth during the final minute, this is definately my all time best ebay find Smile

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
wow how awesome is that!!!!!!!

Posts: 306 | Location: australia | Registered: April 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Congratulations CaptainMal! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i know its not brilliant but i got the scooby doo 2 piecework pw2 for £4.69 that completes my master set now

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful Colin, I'm glad you were able to complete a master set with that last piecework. Clap

Picture of Number_one
posted Hide Post
Way to go Charmedmad on that master set Dance

Posts: 232 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: February 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cardz_house:
Haven't got the actual boxes in hand yet but I am sure they will be a bargain.

3 Artbox Harry Potter San Diego Goodie boxes at US$100 each!!! Luv You

My 3 boxes arrived today and I have to say the contents really made me very very very happy!!!

(3) GOF Retail Box
(3) POAU Retail Box
(1) GOFU Binder with First Task Tent
(2) GOFU Binder with Burnt Tent (both different coloured patch)
(1) Gold Poster Set Big Grin Big Grin
(2) Blue Foil COS Promos
(1) Red Foil COS Promos Elephant
(3) POA Tins (all tins contained a gold foil base set!!!) Elephant Elephant Elephant
(1) SS Base Set w/ Foil Set
(2) GOFU Base Set

The first plastic box contained:
POA Bonnie wright (Ginny Weasley) Auto!!!! Surf Surf
GOF C3 Fleur Delacour Robes 125/250 (blue variant) Surf
GOF Riddle Graveyard Lenticular Case Card (rarest among the 3 toppers) Surf
GOF CFC2 FilmCard 248/300 (Harry hiding among the rocks during the 1st task)

The second plastic box contained (rather bland):
POAU Peter Best (Executioner) Auto
SS McGonagall Transformation Lenticular Case Card
GOF CFC5 FilmCard 073/300 (close-up of Hermoine, full frontal face pic!!!!) Luv You Luv You
GOF C5 Viktor Krum Costume 242/400

The best box among the 3:
POA Julie Christie (Madam Rosemerta) Dance Dance Dance
POAU Hermoine Granger's Trousers Costume 428/730 (really loved this one coz its a great variant piece!! imagine 2 rows of stitching with 1 black and 1 white thread hanging on the patch!!!!) Must get a scanner/camera and take a pic!!!! Luv You Luv You Luv You
SS Harry with new wanf Filmcard (closeup of John Hurt face) 090/397
SS Hogwarts Students Costume 175/750

All in all, money well spent indeed!!!!!!!

Would be interesting to see what kind of money the POAU Hermione costume variant will fetch on ebay!! Smokin'

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!!

Really made my day when I opened those 3 plastic boxes!!! Smile

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a Harry Potter bonanza at your house Cardz_house! One question though - how come POA gold base sets get three of these Elephant ?

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Sounds like a Harry Potter bonanza at your house Cardz_house! One question though - how come POA gold base sets get three of these Elephant ?

Well, coz the POA gold base set are very limited (rumoured initially at just 32 sets but I think should be more than that figure but less than 100). The gold foil base set are beauties!! Thumb Up

Have a look around ebay, the last set went for about US$110. Its average price tends to hover around US$80 nowadays.

Hence, my joy!!! 1 gold base set almost will recoup my entire cost of each box.