Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of RRParks CARDS
posted Hide Post
My 'best ebay find' was last year... I was gearing up to start and build a collection of Terror Tales in high grade and while a complete high grade set almost never comes up, one did within DAYS of my deciding to collect a set. While I didn't have the 'fun' of building a set from scratch n' square one I was able to acquire a full set in EX to NM/M for under a grand. But my 'greatest find', alas, I found too late... during the first part of December someone started listing 1959 Three Stooges pack fresh cards but without listing the card numbers and Someone out in cyberspace scored 6 MINT 1959s for just under $400. That might not SOUND like such a great deal... but the 'Paul Harvey' rest of the story is that one of the cards was a #63 MINT CHECKLIST. As Dr. Smith would say... 'the pain, the pain'. Ironically, while I usually troll ebay for 1959 Stooges, especially the checklists, while that auction was 'going off' and I was missing it at that very time..that very day... I was designing Chronicles of The Three Stooges 'retro' 1959 continuation cards OF the 1959 series... including designing the series three checklist BASED on that #63 1959 checklist that I've been searching for... How weird is THAT! Anyway... MY 'score' was the Terror Tales... and someone else's 'score' was that mint 1959 checklist for a tiny fraction of the card's value (I bought the REST of that sellers NM/M 1959s... but missed out on that checklist)

Posts: 87 | Location: Nevada | Registered: July 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Having been quoted upwards of $500+ for this card in the recent past (not this seller), I was more than happy to pay the princely sum of $76.99 Clap

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Having been quoted upwards of $500+ for this card in the recent past (not this seller), I was more than happy to pay the princely sum of $76.99 Clap

You're just lucky I was busy at a show and didn't have time to run you up any higher. Razz

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Having been quoted upwards of $500+ for this card in the recent past (not this seller), I was more than happy to pay the princely sum of $76.99 Clap [/url]

Congratulations Graham, that's amazing! Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Great Buy Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just last week I got the best deal of my life on eBay but wanted to wait until it came to mention it so I didn't jinx it. Twilight Zone #A-67 Ron Howard autograph "Buy It Now" $35 free shipping. It just came today and it's a beauty. Smile

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow Logan, that's unbelievable. What a fantastic find! Eek
Are you able to take a photo of it and post it here, as I'd love to see it.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Wow Logan, that's unbelievable. What a fantastic find! Eek
Are you able to take a photo of it and post it here, as I'd love to see it.

Here it is:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow Logan, that's an awesome card. Congratulations Thumb Up
I didn't even know that Ron Howard ever signed, very jealous right now. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow Logan, that's an awesome card. Congratulations Thumb Up
I didn't even know that Ron Howard ever signed, very jealous right now. Big Grin

Thanks very much. I was SO lucky to be browsing eBay at that moment.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Better than great pick up Logan. Congrats. Clap

That BIN is less than 10% of book. While high book price may be pushing it some, Ron Howard is a pretty well known name. Really surprised anyone wanting to sell it would not do the minimal research to know the true card value. Well, they got what they asked for.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I was SO lucky to be browsing eBay at that moment.

Definitely, I imagine that if you hadn't of seen it someone else would have snapped it up.

Out of curiosity, were you specifically looking for that auto, or was it that you were looking for Twilight Zone autos?

Question for any one reading this,
Do people, randomly browse all the autos and that's how they find these amazing deals?
I just can't wrap my brain around the thought of going through every single autograph listed each day, there are so many.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
I was SO lucky to be browsing eBay at that moment.

Definitely, I imagine that if you hadn't of seen it someone else would have snapped it up.

Out of curiosity, were you specifically looking for that auto, or was it that you were looking for Twilight Zone autos?

Do people, randomly browse all the autos and that's how they find these amazing deals?
I just can't wrap my brain around the thought of going through every single autograph listed each day, there are so many.

No I wasn't specifically looking for that card. But it from my favorite non-sport set ever so maybe it was fate. That's what I tell myself anyway. Wink

I'll spill my secret of how I search even though it's not much of secret. I'm sure many do it. I search (autograph, auto, signed) under "trading cards", "worldwide", and "newly listed". That's all. The Ron Howard card just happened to be the newest card listed at the time. When I saw the price I just figured it was the opening bid. Then when I saw the words "Buy It Now" I was stunned. I couldn't click the buttons fast enough until it was paid for. That's the only way to get these kind of deals. You have to be the first to see them. I've gotten many good deals this way over the years but none as good as this.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I do something similar to that, except that I add whatever license I'm looking for along with those, such as Buffy auto or Game of Thrones autograph under trading cards.
I never thought just to use a search just for auto or autograph, I imagine you would have to go through several hundred a day.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Incredible, congrats on the $35 Howard, Logan.

I had one of that card from the Series 4 Archive box I got for a great price some years back, but here's what I recently traded it for to give some idea of the value of the Howard over $35.

For the Howard (and a Cliff Robertson from the Complete Twilight Zone set), I got the rare Elizabeth Allen from Series 1 and the last of the rare cards from Series 3 I needed (Leonard Nimoy, Jonathan Harris, Dean Stockwell, and George Takei) plus the Very Limited Tim Stafford from Complete Twilight Zone to top it off, so probably around $700 worth of cards for the $500 or so I gave up.

I ordinarily wouldn't have traded the Howard, but this was an amazing chance to get more cards than I could've got just by selling it and then using the money I got for to buy cards, so it was addition by subtraction. Beyond that, I have the Ron Howard Grinch Director autograph. Not as nice as the TZ autograph, since Ron isn't actually pictured on the Grinch card, but it does have a beautiful signature on it and is hand numbered out of 999, so good enough for now.

Again, congrats, Logan. Shows how paying attention can really pay off!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing find! Congrats! That was one of the few TZ autos I needed before I started dismantling my TZ collection.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
A couple of good wins lately.

NCIS Alan Dale auto £5.36 (free shipping).

3 LOTR ROTK costume cards (Sam, Eowyn & Faramir) for just over £21 (free shipping)

Xena Season 2 Melinda Clarke A5 which with registered shipping came to under £79. The seller kindly agreed before I bid I could have a little bit more time to pay which made the win possible- thank you you know who you are.

I will post a photo on the Holy Grail thread soon Smile

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Not eBay but went to a car boot sale today (first time in ages) picked up a Topps X-Files Season 1 Binder for £1 Smile Thumb Up

For another £1 they also checked in a boxed X-Files mug, a X-Files book and three of the UK magazines/comics all with the free gifts attached.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Still need to get me one of those X-Files binders - cool pick up for a quid!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't see as many bargains as you used to but I found a full set of 20 autograph cards from Star Trek Voyager Profiles a couple of weeks ago for 199 euros, just under £150 including postage Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post