Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Great price for the Alias Season 2 set.
Just Jennifer's auto is 3 quarters of that price.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WarriorBabe
posted Hide Post
Buffy WOS A6 Halfrek BIN $10.96 Big Grin Clap
I've been trying to start a WOS auto set for ages, but have found if they are about they are expensive.

Posts: 1959 | Location: UK | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Here's the Alias Season 2 PW-2 and PW-3 dealer incentive PW's I received with the lot I purchased:

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
How are you storing those thick cards?

Well, at the moment, I've got them in the case the seller sent them in, which is just those 2-piece cases that hold about 25 cards(if I had to guess).

When I have some time, I'll have to look around and see if I can find anything else.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
Well, at the moment, I've got them in the case the seller sent them in, which is just those 2-piece cases that hold about 25 cards(if I had to guess).

When I have some time, I'll have to look around and see if I can find anything else.

That's pretty much how I have mine with a styrofoam backing to keep it in place... still looking for a better accomodation for it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tialessa,

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spidergoblin:

quote:
Originally posted by angelchick182:
Here's the Alias Season 2 PW-2 and PW-3 dealer incentive PW's I received with the lot I purchased:

Those are lovely

Thank you. The more I look at them, the more attached to them I've become. Originally, I was considering selling them(since the numbering is no different than the regular sized PW2 and PW3) to make some money back to contribute to buying a PW1. But now I'm not real sure.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I've bought a Lost Dharma Initiative variant set with the double #4 card and #5 for 32£. I know it's not cheap but I haven't seen it going for less than 45£ the last few weeks.

I'm already waiting to get them in my hands.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmatsuda:
quote:
Originally posted by Boldlygone:
Think I just bagged a bargain:

How much you ask?

Just £17.74 Dance

Great variant find there Boldlygone! Thumb Up

My Lost S1 PW1 card finally arrived today, but it isn't the same card pictured on the eBay page (above).

Itis still a Veriant but a more subtle one.
here's a pic.

I still needed a PW1, and am glad to have got one for that price, but it is dissapointing to not get the exact card i bid for.
Should I complain? I do still want the card.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
you can always ask them why you didnt get the card you did on

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I checked the ebay desciption ( item 280007874822 ) and nowhere does it say i would get a differant card than the one pictured.

the seller has 100% Positive Feedback (51)
and has been a Member since 22-Sep-04. so I had no reason to suspect any foul play.

The seller has not left me feedback yet, and if i complain I do not want to risk getting my 1st negative.
I am very proud of my 1221 100% Positive Feedback Score.

My appologies if I am giving to much detail about an eBay seller. Just after opinions on what i could/should do.
Moderators, please delete anything where I may have crossed over a line.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Unless the seller had a notation in the item listing that says something like: scan is a representative scan. The card you receive may not look exactly like the scan", I would email them and ask. It is possible that they have many different ones and didn't really think it mattered (though WE all know it does!) Smile

I am kinda in the same boat. I recently purchased what looks like a variant costume card off ebay. It hasn't arrived yet, but I noticed a notation similar to the one I wrote above in the listing. So, I don't know if I will get the variant or not until it gets here. I won't complain if it isn't since the seller did have the disclaimer in the listing.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
My Lost S1 PW1 card finally arrived today, but it isn't the same card pictured on the eBay page (above).

I had that EXACT same problem - bid on something & though the description said that the card shown is what you receive, I received a different one.

I emailed the seller asking for the right one only to be told that they'd sold it already (they had 2 different ones & apparently didn't realize that the variant was an important thing). It all ended well, but it did take a few emails with both of us asking questions.

I'd email the seller, mention that you expected to receive the card pictured, and ask why you received a plain white one (which isn't worth as much as the variant you'd shown - up to you whether you mention that bit or not). Once they answer you, you can take it from there...

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
On another eBay find that arrived today, I got all of these for only $15.97:

The seller sent me 5 each of the SuperHam & Alain Allan cards ( so i have some to trade), the Dharma Fringe Maggot was Free AMD the seller sent me a LOST Poster as a free surprise extra.
Now THAT seller is gonna get some GREAT feedback from me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of charmedmad
posted Hide Post
i just got this lot

ap-3
a2-2
a2-sd2001
a3-uk
a3-sd2002
a4-uk
a5-i
autograph
a2 weasley season 1
a4 kate season 1
a8 gunn season 2
a15 fred season 3
a28 prof Seidel season 4
a34 harmony season 5
a35 G Framkin season 5
pw1 fred season 5
pw3 angel season 5

heres the best bit i got all that for £150

Posts: 4508 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Boldlygone, nice collection of Comic Con promotional cards and other items.

Regarding the eBay piecework auction, if you decide to contact the seller, I would consider making an inquiry rather than a complaint so you avoid putting the seller on the defensive and risk of getting a negative feedback. It's possible that the seller doesn't have a scanner and used an image found online hence no reference to actual card. Hopefully the matter get sorted amiably.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
quote:
I checked the ebay desciption ( item 280007874822 ) and nowhere does it say i would get a differant card than the one pictured.

the seller has 100% Positive Feedback (51)
and has been a Member since 22-Sep-04. so I had no reason to suspect any foul play.

The seller has not left me feedback yet, and if i complain I do not want to risk getting my 1st negative.

My appologies if I am giving to much detail about an eBay seller. Just after opinions on what i could/should do.
Moderators, please delete anything where I may have crossed over a line.

This happened to me once...after I won and received, I inquired and I was told the scan was a representative scan and not the scan of the actual card I was bidding on. I was rather disappointed but the card was rather inexpensive so I kept it. Frown

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:

I understand where you're coming from, there have been several sellers that have deserved negs from me but I let them off not wanting any nasty retaliatory feedback. Roll Eyes

But while it sucks that you didn't get the card you thought you were, it's still a great card and a variation to boot! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jack London
posted Hide Post
Received a card I realllly wanted from ebay yesterday. Now, if we are classifying "best ebay finds" as being great cards at bargain prices, this wouldn't qualify. I have seen this card end at about the price I paid several times (and I am sure that many have gotten it for cheaper), but I am quite happy with it.

Jag Debut autograph card of the ethereally lovelyLuv YouCatherine Bell Luv YouDance

I rationalized the purchase of this card for $99.99 Buy it Now because I would most likely not get her autograph in a box if I bought one. The card cost more than a box, but would rather have a sure thing, instead of being (probably) disappointed after opening a $60 dollar box and not getting it.

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau

Posts: 1553 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got:

2006 Inkworks Comic-Con promo pack, Veronica Mars P-SD, Lost LR3 and LR4 promos, Star Wars Evolution P1, WWE Insider P1, Garbage Pail Kids series 6 P2, Wacky Packages P1, 24 season 4 P2, Frankenstein SD promo 01, and a sealed package of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban promos 1 through 4, Complete Avengers SD06, Fear Agent from the G4 TV booth and Jet Li's Fearless CC-1, and CC-3 through CC-5 (sorry, no CC-2).

for $24 in total. I had some of these, but I missed out of the Avengers and Artbox promos, and I needed the Veronica Mars promo to maintain my master set. I though it was a good deal for the lot so I could have some stuff to trade away as well...

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Nothing really big but I snagged a Shannon Elizabeth TOPPS Finest Gold XFractor serial numbered 06/29 for the bargain price of $2.81

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post