Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
My best e-bay find!!!!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/870100256

July 29, 2006, 12:52 AM
Jim Streich
My best e-bay find!!!!
not sure how much of a steal but I got the Dead Zone expansion duel autograph card signed by Nicole DeBoer and Chris Bruno for 49.00 BIN... This is the first year I have watched the show and have been picking up some of the familiar autos

July 29, 2006, 03:50 AM
bakeded
I'll trade it for a season 9 Ben Browder auto.
Just jump in your time machine and... you know the rest. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by SciFiMom:
Gotta love Murphy's Law. Wink I'd be happy to take that duplicate auto off your hands.... Big Grin

July 29, 2006, 06:49 AM
WarriorBabe
Two Charmed Connections costume cards:
PW4 Leo $9.95
PW6 Cole (shirt) $12.95

July 29, 2006, 08:45 AM
AJJ
Just won and paid for a Superman Returns collectors tin. The top of the tin is Supes holding up what I think the Daily Planet globe. £1.99+postage.
The auction says it comes with 35 cards+2 bonus cards and 12 packs containing 7 cards a pack. Is there a chance to pull auto's or costumes from these tins?

July 29, 2006, 11:08 AM
terihatcherfan
Remember that lot of 3 Buffy Big Bad boxes I won? Well I opened them and the breakdown is posted in the Big Bad breakdown section for anyone who is interested. Smile

I'd love to know how much the cards are worth, because I don't collect the set and have no knowledge of their value!
Thanks guys,
Olly Smile

July 29, 2006, 01:35 PM
charmedmad
to add to the collection i got i managed to just get a angel season 5 pw7 for $10.50

July 29, 2006, 05:10 PM
Jack London
Wasn't an Ebay find, but didn't know where else to post a great card show find.

Today, I actually splurged and, instead of buying a box of Star Trek 40th, I got the Wild Wild West Expansion set from a dealer. It is numbered out of /999 and was produced a couple years back by Rittenhouse. For those who don't know, the set included 10 or so "Loveless Episodes" cards, a "promo", a James West Costume card, and a ROBERT CONRAD autograph!!! Bouncey

I am a certifiable Wild Wild West nut and have been craving this set for quite awhile. Couldn't find one on ebay, but lucked out and found one at the show. The autograph had a tiny little fingerprint smudge on it (Variant?), but it just makes it even better for me. Clap

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau
July 29, 2006, 08:42 PM
Jack London
Thanks guys. I wanted a Conrad auto for a loooooonnnnngggg time. It can now be displayed with a Ross Martin vintage autograph I got a few years ago. Will probably actually go this week and buy some sort of frame/display for them. Smile

Couple weeks ago I got the first season of WWW on DVD and they are as fun as I remember as a kid. One of the few shows my brother, sister and I would agree on watching together. Then, we would go in the back yard and play WWW. My brother pretended to be Jim West, I was Artemus (still my favorite character of the two) and my hapless sister was stuck being the bad guy. Of course, one of us (usually sister) ended up getting injured and running to mom. She would then yell at us, "Are you playing Wild Wild West again!!??"

Ah, good times. Big Grin

July 30, 2006, 03:02 AM
gofmauleg
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ27UK:
Just won and paid for a Superman Returns collectors tin. The top of the tin is Supes holding up what I think the Daily Planet globe. £1.99+postage.
The auction says it comes with 35 cards+2 bonus cards and 12 packs containing 7 cards a pack. Is there a chance to pull auto's or costumes from these tins?

Seller's description might be misleading regarding the 12 packs. The collectors tin contains 35 random cards sealed in clear plastic and 2 bonus cards exclusive to that specific tin. There are no other packs in the tin nor any chance to get an auto and costume card. I suppose the seller included the 12 packs to make the auction more inviting. I think you got a good deal just on the tin alone since they retail for about $11 after taxes here. I hope that helps.
July 30, 2006, 10:10 AM
AJJ
Thanks for the info gomauleg. He could have thrown in a packs as well just wait for it to turn up. And anyway the with the price paid it's still a good deal.

July 31, 2006, 06:36 AM
CaptainMal
Woohoo! I bought a Veronica Mars Jason Dohring auto card for just £10 (approx $20), it arrived this morning and its a 'Love' variant! I'm so pleased Smile I also recieved my Kate Bosworth auto bargain, it was a happy post day!

July 31, 2006, 07:58 PM
Jack London
Received a great pair of cards today that I purchased on ebay:

Frank Whaley and Ione Skye autograph cards from the Dead Zone expansion set. Got both of them for about $30 total. Wasn't interested in getting all the expansion autos, but luckily found a seller who broke up a set. Was originally going to just get the Frank Whaley (one of my all time favorite character actors), but when I saw that Ione had a card, couldn't resist! Big Grin

August 01, 2006, 04:43 AM
WarriorBabe
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorBabe:
Charmed Destiny PW1 Paige blouse BIN $9.99 Smile

And it's a variant! Clap There is a strip of fabri running from top to bottom dead centre in the swatch which is a brighter shade of white than the rest of the card. It is also slightly depressed.

August 01, 2006, 05:33 AM
angelchick182
Today I received my Angel Season 3 case loader card that I got for just under $10.

And, I began my branch out into Alias cards with this buy: Alias Season 2 Binder, empty box/wrappers, A2-1 and A2-NSU promos, base set, 9-card puzzle, 6-card chase set, boxloader set, caseloader card, all 12 autos, all PW's except PW-1, dealer incentive cards PW-2 and PW-3, and the Undercover uncut sheet, all for $499. I think I did quite well with that.

August 01, 2006, 10:07 AM
bealay
Today I received my Angel Season 3 cards I won.

PW1 and PW2 - Angel and Cordelia.

They came in the screw down boxes, which I've not seen before - so I'm not sure if I'll keep them in these. But, at £14.99 the pair (around $27), I'm pretty chuiffed.

Here's a link to the pic, for those who wanna see:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v28/bealay/angel-s3-pw1and2.jpg

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.
August 01, 2006, 03:47 PM
Redemption
Super bealay! Congratulations! Thumb Up

Are the screwdowns in nice codition or scratched? I use the smaller screwdowns (the one screw versions) that you can slip into the reseleable team bags so they stay protected. It's cheaper to replace the team bags than the screwdowns. Wink I learned that the hardway. Razz

August 01, 2006, 04:01 PM
bealay
Cheers Redemption Smile

They seem to be in pretty good condition - only a few light marks.

What's a 'teambag' ?

August 01, 2006, 04:21 PM
zhamlau
a team bag is a small either ziplock or flap style closure plastic baggie for putting 10 or more cards in. it was originally designed to hold all the cards in a set of a given team (like the 1997 detroit redwings, the greatest team in any sport of all time).

August 01, 2006, 04:58 PM
Redemption
Precisely... I use them also for any auto's or pieceworks I have in toploaders as they protect them from dust and such.

Look for the resealable type. Much better than the ziplog. Thumb Up

August 01, 2006, 06:35 PM
bealay
Cool, sounds like it may well be handy for many of my Angel toploaders.

Thanks guys Thumb Up