Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
My best e-bay find!!!!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/870100256

December 03, 2005, 02:36 PM
Scorpiovamp
My best e-bay find!!!!
For $26 which includes shipping, I got the following 3 costume cards from Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban-

Cederick Diggory, Neville Longbottom, and Lupin(tweed Fabric)
December 03, 2005, 03:58 PM
wolfie
I got the Quotable Star Trek Next Generation TV covers chase set of 9 for £15.

I think that was a bargain. Thumb Up

December 03, 2005, 07:17 PM
Raj
Just won a Farscape season 3 "Caveman Crichton" by Martineck for £12.61 (+ £1.50 p+p).
December 04, 2005, 06:22 PM
RupT
cheers guys... i also picked up to of the Lenticulars L1 and L4 both for £16ish.... so not a bad haul i think

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile
December 05, 2005, 02:19 AM
LesleyW
I managed to get a Karl Urban Xena Season 2 auto for £24.95 including postage.

I've wanted this card for a while as he signed Karl U - squiggle. A complete signature as opposed to the KU and then K he signed for later cards.
December 05, 2005, 11:34 AM
terihatcherfan
Lost promo NSU 2 of 2 for £1.50 inc. P&P!

December 05, 2005, 09:26 PM
Jack London
Well, not really an ebay deal, but an online purchase deal: Janis Joplin Topps American Pie dress card from the Pearl album cover shoot. Have always wanted one of these and picked this one up for around $50 (may be a high price to some, but I am thrilled with the purchase). She is one of my all time favorite singers and I have probably every album, cassette, and CD of hers. Since I know that I will never be able to find, let alone afford, an autograph of hers, this seems to me to be the next best thing. Dance Here is a photo of the card:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y184/JackLondon1967/janisjoplin.jpg

"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Henry David Thoreau
December 05, 2005, 10:37 PM
dlpn1fan
Now that is a cool PEACE Smokin'
December 06, 2005, 10:53 AM
Jack London
Thanks guys, I am quite pleased with it. I have seen some end on ebay for less and have bid on a few with no luck. At one time I bid $75 and still lost!

Redemption, is your Sinatra the fur coat looking piece, or is it a suit piece? I have seen the fur one and it looks neat. I am a Sinatra fan as well. I also pulled the Marilyn Monroe dress card from Topps American Pie, too! Bouncey Neat pieces for my personal collection. Big Grin

December 06, 2005, 11:13 AM
Redemption
quote:
Originally posted by Jack London:

Redemption, is your Sinatra the fur coat looking piece, or is it a suit piece? I have seen the fur one and it looks neat. I am a Sinatra fan as well.

I have the furry one... it would be awesome if they had a collection just for the brat pack.Big Grin

quote:
I also pulled the Marilyn Monroe dress card from Topps American Pie, too! Bouncey Neat pieces for my personal collection. Big Grin

I haven't had that kinda luck yet! Wish I had a Marilyn.... that and the Bogart one which I think is the kewlest die cut for a costume card I've seen.

December 06, 2005, 11:29 AM
Jack London
Yes, the Bogart die cut looks great, wish I had it! I also like the looks of the Gary Cooper piece. Tough to find them at all. The only American Pie costume/relics I have are the Monroe, the Joplin and the JFK Berlin Wall relic piece. Would love to get more of them in the future. Smile

December 06, 2005, 06:03 PM
terihatcherfan
LOST A12 Emily Annabeth Locke Auto: £5.77

LOST PW12 Dual Pieceworks Card Variant (Michael & Walt): £10.51

(+ £3 for P&P)

A total of £19.28 for a dual piecework variant and an autograph! I thought that was rather nifty! Smile

Olly X

December 07, 2005, 07:04 PM
tialessa
Picked up a Xena GC1 for a buy-it-now of about $26 including shipping Wink

Also got a Lost AR1/Sawyer for about $50 with shipping Wink Wink

Happy Happy mail day!

December 07, 2005, 08:22 PM
Redemption
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
Picked up a Xena GC1 for a buy-it-now of about $26 including shipping Wink

Also got a Lost AR1/Sawyer for about $50 with shipping Wink Wink

Happy Happy mail day!

Niceeeeeeee! Thumb Up

December 07, 2005, 08:43 PM
tsmeltzer
OK... I didn't get this (mostly because I don't collect these cards) but I thought this looked like a pretty good auction (that has now ended)

http://cgi.ebay.com/9-LOT-MARVEL-CREATORS-AUTO-CARD-DAV...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Maybe someone who knows can tell me if this is/was a good deal for the winner or not?

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com
December 07, 2005, 08:53 PM
Cardz_house
To me, its not really a good deal for the winner, maybe just about the right price for all 9 cards. Some of the autos there can actually be picked up at a much lower price individually, you just need to browse around.
December 08, 2005, 02:00 AM
spidergoblin
This is one way to save on shipping at least,instead of buying one at a time.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
December 08, 2005, 02:38 AM
Star*Mystyk
I don't really know if its a "great buy" or not, but I recently won 6 boxes of Charmed Conversations for US$45 each. The *only* thing that I'm a bit wary about is the customs import duty. I didn't have to bid on all 6, but I did, as the start price was $1 each.

The things we do when we don't even collect Charmed, lol! I know of someone who does, though, so I should be able to help them get alot closer to their master set Thumb Up

December 08, 2005, 08:13 AM
X
Not ebay, but picked up a Dr. No commemorative set yestreday for £9.99 sealed. Smile

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?
December 09, 2005, 12:23 PM
Cee_Jay
Bought yesterday a LotR The Two Towers Elijah Wood Autograph Card for $ 77,05 Bouncey