Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    My best e-bay find!!!!
Page 1 ... 184 185 186 187
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My best e-bay find!!!!
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks wuher.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Ok, this has been posted on the watchcount page.

I tried it and it does seem to work but a bit of a pain. Not entirely sure why watchcount can't search the html code.

2020-Aug Update: Currently, the only way we're aware of to potentially see accurate Best Offer (BO) selling prices for BIN/fixed-price items on eBay requires a little extra work on your part, in the form of some additional clicks/keys within your desktop browser. So... If you're ready for a mini- treasure hunt, just follow these steps! ...

1) In our Sold Items & Completed Listings search results, click a BO true? selling-price here on eBay link (specifically the here on eBay part) to be taken to the ended-item on eBay.

2) On that eBay ended-item page, have your browser open the gobbledygook HTML source-code of that page (find in your browser menu: View Page Source or similar).

3) Use Control-F (Mac: Command-F) in your browser to search the page source-code for "taxExclusivePrice". 4) What follows may be the true BO selling price (but we can't know for sure).

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I noticed that $4-10 value in the Almanac and thought that was a mistake. When I look at the going rate 4-5 years ago, it was around $20 so it isn't too far off though it seems unlikely that the value would have dropped since them given the rarity and level of interest in Firefly/Serenity. It is surprising that even the extended value is so low but maybe some quantity of those cards appeared in the wake of the Inkworks shutdown and that lowered the value until demand finally exceeded the supply in the past few years.

I am not surprised that the Firefly CL1 has sold as high as $100 or more because a Serenity CL1, also a case card, recently went for $81. I would say the Firefly or Serenity CL1 would be a card to watch for.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I just got a Firefly case card CL1 for £3.50.

There is only one on ebay at £120.

Price guide nightmare. ??

If that's the CL1 Outlaws card, the 2019 Non-Sport Almanac still has it for $4 - $10. It has CASE INSERT right underneath with no number or price. So I'm really not sure if the CL1 is a box card or a case card.

There was another thread that talked about someone recently paying over $100 for the CL1 Outlaws, but that looked like a bidding war that went too far.

Anyway congrats, you got a good deal on it, and maybe a great deal on it. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Sam Raimi's autograph card for $21.50. I believe this is his only non-sport autograph card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAM-R...rue&nordt=true&rt=nc

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bone:
Sam Raimi's autograph card for $21.50. I believe this is his only non-sport autograph card.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SAM-R...rue&nordt=true&rt=nc

That is a terrific price and well worth the autograph. Card collectors would of course want a better design with a photo, so that's why the demand isn't there, but they are wrong to let it go for so little.

One thing I don't get is why Leaf calls it signature/inscription? I see no inscription. Big Grin

Congrats on you super buy. Thumb Up

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bone
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Some of Leaf's Pop products are questionable. Have you seen the photo that they used for their 2017 Daisy Ridley autograph? It's a picture of a mannequin. It's hilarious and sad at the same time. I'd rather have no picture than a fake one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-...rd-0q0-/233357651489

I agree. The seller should have started it off at a higher price (not that I'm complaining). Sam Raimi's a fantastic director (Evil Dead series & the first Spider-Man trilogy) and now he's set to direct Doctor Strange 2.

Posts: 78 | Location: Australia | Registered: August 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just got these eight sketch cards for a total of
£32 including postage Smile .

For those not familiar with Zorro the actors are Linda Darnell and Tyrone Power .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Those sketches are fricking awesome Triple-Frog! Great find!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Mr Parks will be devastated. Shake Head

Great win for you though. Thumb Up

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's from the best of the Zorro films, The Mark of Zorro, released in 1940. Tyrone Power was one the biggest stars of his day. Little remembered fact, he had a heart attack and died on set at the age of 44 while filming a sword fight against his friend actor George Sanders for the movie Solomon and Sheba.

Brandley Cooper is the lead in the currently filming Nightmare Alley, which originally starred Power. Power was a very good theatrically trained actor, but he hated that his matinee idol looks kept him doing costume dramas and trivial romances.

The only time I have seen him included in modern card products was in Americana 2007 and 2008, when they had a couple of different costume swatch cards. I have several of those and they were quite cheap.

The likenesses are very good. Congrats on those buys.

Posts: 10368 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And years later, George Sanders would be one of the actors to play Mr. Freeze in the 60's Batman TV show.

Yeah, those sketches are fantastic. Time and talent went into those. I'm glad they ended up with someone who appreciates them.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
That's from the best of the Zorro films, The Mark of Zorro, released in 1940. Tyrone Power was one the biggest stars of his day. Little remembered fact, he had a heart attack and died on set at the age of 44 while filming a sword fight against his friend actor George Sanders for the movie Solomon and Sheba.

Brandley Cooper is the lead in the currently filming Nightmare Alley, which originally starred Power. Power was a very good theatrically trained actor, but he hated that his matinee idol looks kept him doing costume dramas and trivial romances.

The only time I have seen him included in modern card products was in Americana 2007 and 2008, when they had a couple of different costume swatch cards. I have several of those and they were quite cheap.

The likenesses are very good. Congrats on those buys.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post