This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/870100256

July 12, 2010, 04:57 PM
wolfie
My best e-bay find!!!!
Great stuff, well done.

July 12, 2010, 08:42 PM
BILLZEE
I share this with y'all cuz it gets funnier to me by the minute...

I won a Twilight promo P-UK for GBP 1.04 last month. Although other purchases from this seller arrived briskly, the Twilight P-UK never arrived & I was promptly issued a paypal refund after waiting 5 weeks.

And from another seller I won an Iron Man Jeff Bridges costume card for $1.50 USD. Now this seller was more creative. He sent me a Jeff Bridges CC3 instead, and when I informed him of the error, he promptly issued a refund too.

Sometimes I wish these sellers would just submit shill bids to get the auction price up to where they want it. Sure would reduce my disappointment +
wasted time/effort. Wink
July 13, 2010, 12:53 AM
simon1978
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
I share this with y'all cuz it gets funnier to me by the minute...

I won a Twilight promo P-UK for GBP 1.04 last month. Although other purchases from this seller arrived briskly, the Twilight P-UK never arrived & I was promptly issued a paypal refund after waiting 5 weeks.

And from another seller I won an Iron Man Jeff Bridges costume card for $1.50 USD. Now this seller was more creative. He sent me a Jeff Bridges CC3 instead, and when I informed him of the error, he promptly issued a refund too.

Sometimes I wish these sellers would just submit shill bids to get the auction price up to where they want it. Sure would reduce my disappointment +
wasted time/effort. Wink

This sounds uncannily like what happened to me when I won a Wolverine Origins Ryan Reynolds auto card for $12...

Funny how it always happens with the bargains... Wink
July 13, 2010, 02:32 PM
BILLZEE
Thats exactly right Simon!

Glad you could appreciate the story I tried to convey... That Reynolds auto would have been a sweet buy for you too.
July 13, 2010, 04:17 PM
wolfie
I've said it before, winning an auction for a great price is one thing, getting it is another. You've won nothing until you have it in your hand.

July 14, 2010, 02:50 AM
hammer
Too true - had 2 great looking sean pence sketch cards that never arrived and I lost the money too Shake Head
July 14, 2010, 08:13 AM
AJJ
Picked up a Dina Meyer auto from the ST Quotable Movies set for £7 last nigth. Been after her auto for a while and am very happy with the price.

July 15, 2010, 04:25 AM
WarriorBabe
Seem to be having a lucky run with cards.....

Charmed Conversations PWCC7 Phoebe white for £6.99 a few weeks ago.

Xena Animated Czop Callisto case topper for $16.49 yesterday Smile

July 15, 2010, 10:30 PM
Jim Streich
Won a Celebrity cuts Movie stars Josh Duhamel autograph signed with name and Transformers for 11.99 card is numbered 18/22

Goes good with my James Caan Americana Auto for a Las Vegas Collection Big Grin

July 16, 2010, 02:28 PM
spidergoblin
nice ones Jim Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
July 23, 2010, 08:28 AM
WarriorBabe

£5.50

$5 Big Grin

July 26, 2010, 04:23 AM
WarriorBabe
Now i've only just won this, but as the shipping is insured I can't keep the news to myself. My jaw dropped open when I saw the "you have won" email in my eBay folder.

$17.75 for Xena Animated autos Callisto and Xena Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I've wanted a Xena auto ever since I started card collecting.

Shipping is $20 for insured but why not!

July 26, 2010, 12:36 PM
wolfie
Nice. Thumb Up

July 26, 2010, 05:45 PM
spidergoblin
yeah what that wolfie chap said Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
August 21, 2010, 08:58 AM
AJJ
Used buy it nows to pick Roundtree and Zima Heroes auto's from the same dealer for £13 inc postage. Two of the auto's I wanted at a great price.

August 21, 2010, 10:48 AM
hammer
Got a lot of Heroes auto's for cheap prices - when they arrive they will be good finds Big Grin
August 22, 2010, 12:55 PM
AJJ
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Got a lot of Heroes auto's for cheap prices - when they arrive they will be good finds Big Grin

There's a few more I'm after, going to pick up them in the next few weeks.

August 26, 2010, 01:12 PM
tragicend
bought 8 packs of buffy reflections for total of $6.00...just opened my last pack and guess what i pulled!?

A1- Anthony Stewart Head/Giles autograph!

the last auto i needed from that set Smile
August 26, 2010, 01:48 PM
wolfie
well done, great stuff. Thumb Up

August 26, 2010, 01:52 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
quote:
Originally posted by tragicend:
bought 8 packs of buffy reflections for total of $6.00...just opened my last pack and guess what i pulled!?

A1- Anthony Stewart Head/Giles autograph!

the last auto i needed from that set Smile

That is pretty darn sweet, the only time I ever pulled anything out of loose packs on eBay was when I pulled a John Ritter from a set of unopened Buffy season 2 packs- that Giles is definitely a sweet card!

Val