My best e-bay find!!!!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/870100256

August 13, 2008, 09:08 AM
AJJ
My best e-bay find!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
A full colour commission by CK Russell aka Manga girl over on Scoundrel for $15 with free postage. That works out to £7.70.

Sent a scan today and here is the scan of the finished card.And I'm very happy on how it turned out.

August 14, 2008, 09:52 AM
Sidewinder
Had a couple of good buys in the last couple of weeks. First was this Heroes sketch of Kensei/Adam Munroe by Leah Mangue

Originally the seller had this for US$129.95 buy it now or best offer. I best offered US$75, they counteroffered me US$100, I counteroffered again at US$90, then they re counteroffered at US$95. I by this time couldn't be bothered and didn't accept, meanwhile not long later the seller placed the auction at buy it now only at US$99. I thought I'd wait a while, so the auction ended with no buyers, then it was relisted again this time at US$67.50, it too finished without a buyer. Then finally I waited for it to be relisted again, this time a 1 day auction starting at 99 cents. I bidded in the last few seconds and won it at just over US$36. So the seller lost out almost US$40 after not accepting my first offer, felt really sorry for them, but happy for meSmile

My next good deal was a various lot of BSG Premiere cards. In which I received a base set, 1 quotable card, 4 roll call cards, 2 cylon threats and two biggies

The Boomer costume is a rare one, I've seen them sell between US$45 and US$80 alone within the last year. The Gaeta auto sells for around US$20 or so and was one of the autos I was still chasing for my set. Overall I didn't have any of the cards, so it was a great addition to my collection.
The auction didn't mention what cards were available, just various, so its no wonder I got them cheaply. In the end I won the auction at just 16 pounds, $33 Aussie dollars and with shipping only $45 all together. Very happy with these two finds Metal
August 15, 2008, 09:02 AM
kbmum
I managed to snag five Harry Potter 3D Series 2 common auto redemptions for some unbelievable prices.

Charles Hughes – Young Peter Pettigrew $2.30
Hugh Mitchell – Colin Creevy $1.75
Nick Shirm – Zacharias Smith $1.75
Robert Wilfort – The Photographer $1.75
Alfred Enoch – Dean Thomas $1.75

I got them from the same seller, so the total cost with shipping was $15.30. They're all ready on their way to Artbox, and I've heard that all but one auto are in now. Smile

I also won a nice O.W.L. prop, which is actually a Lockhart book due to a mix-up at the facility that produced the cards. I was thrilled with the $12.56 price.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kbmum,
August 15, 2008, 05:55 PM
xman25
I got this in yesterday:

I have always maintained that I would never pay more than $100 for a single card. I paid $90 for this card. I always wanted a Denise Richards auto card from one of the James Bond sets. This was the first time I've ever seen one of Denise's autos go for less than $100. I'm very happy with the card.

xman25
August 15, 2008, 11:23 PM
Haljordanfan
quote:
Originally posted by shauninbuckner:
quote:
Originally posted by Forever Man:
Great pickups at a good price Thumb Up

Thanks very much! I do believe this is my start on a Ryan Waterhouse sketch collection. I can't wait for the next one (whatever it may be)! Clap

Is this a joke? Please tell me it is.
August 15, 2008, 11:35 PM
shauninbuckner
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Forever Man:
Great pickups at a good price Thumb Up

Thanks very much! I do believe this is my start on a Ryan Waterhouse sketch collection. I can't wait for the next one (whatever it may be)! Clap

Is this a joke? Please tell me it is.

Why would it be a joke? I honestly do like his sketches, thank you ever so much. And yes, I am collecting them from here out.

August 16, 2008, 01:29 AM
zhamlau
hey, more power to ya. The only problem is, you can buy about 15 total sketchs, and you pretty much have almost every design he ever did apart from a select few TRUE 1/1 sketchs like the packs advertise.

August 17, 2008, 02:50 PM
AJJ
Just won a Dexter sketch card by Sarah Lyons for £8.20 inc postage. I can't paste the pic from the auction listing so I'll post a pic when I recieve it.

August 17, 2008, 03:15 PM
david963
everything comes to he who waits i'm told.

I have been looking for 2 Golden Compass promo's since they came out,

GC-BF London Book Fair
GC-CFF Cannes Film Festival

i think i must have bid on half of the original stock only to see them disappear for much more than i can afford to pay.

Tonight i got them both for £11 the pair Elephant Elephant

Completes my promo's for this set, back to waiting on the rest Big Grin

David
August 17, 2008, 03:46 PM
wolfie
As usual, give it awhile and they all come out of the woodwork and the price plummets.

Congrats on your win. Clap

August 17, 2008, 04:07 PM
steve j
Well done David. I only completed mine last week. £11 the pair is a real good price. They look good on the page. Now you can relax. A month ago they were still selling for $70+.
August 17, 2008, 04:13 PM
Redemption
quote:

Why would it be a joke? I honestly do like his sketches, thank you ever so much. And yes, I am collecting them from here out.

More power to you shauninbuckner! Thumb Up

August 17, 2008, 04:31 PM
david963
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:

More power to you shauninbuckner! Thumb Up

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if you like them collect them, good luck
August 17, 2008, 09:15 PM
shauninbuckner
Thanks for the support, Redemption and david963! I apologize if I came across as snotty or callous. I guess I'm a little on the protective side of my collection.

I need to scan the cards, actually. I ended up getting the sketches I paid for, but different cards! I'll do comparisons between the eBay pictures and the scans of what I got. Weird how it works sometimes!

I got the Greg Grunberg auto in yesterday, and it looks way better in person. I think I should just trade the last few sports cards & comics off for non-sport and get in full swing!

Sorry about the rant. Thanks again, you two. I appreciate it deeply.

August 18, 2008, 07:00 AM
Jim Streich
Had a LOT of good deals lately (must be the economy).. the best was probably

Spike A1 James Marsters auto for 43.00

August 18, 2008, 06:41 PM
Card Dude

Just got it a couple of days ago! $40 BIN, only 93 signed.
Personally I think this is one of the greatest "celebrities" to have ever signed for a trading card set and I think the price was a bargain Smile

August 19, 2008, 03:05 AM
Jason Wright
quote:
Thanks for the support, Redemption and david963! I apologize if I came across as snotty or callous. I guess I'm a little on the protective side of my collection.

I need to scan the cards, actually. I ended up getting the sketches I paid for, but different cards! I'll do comparisons between the eBay pictures and the scans of what I got. Weird how it works sometimes!

I got the Greg Grunberg auto in yesterday, and it looks way better in person. I think I should just trade the last few sports cards & comics off for non-sport and get in full swing!

To be honest the person you purchased them from probably has about 20 of his sketches and it's really not worth keep scanning them. The nice thing about collecting his sketches is that you can pick them up for $1, they're very easy to find as they're still in plentiful supply, and you only need to buy 2 from each set to have a master set. Smile One of the card talk members was shredding Waterhouse sketches on You Tube (I think his Waterhouse collection just got too big too quickly) so be careful not to expand your collection too quickly. Another great place to find his work are in boxes of Crystal Skull, I was lucky enough to get 2 out of a 4 box purchase. Another great artist to look out for is Brent Woodside whose work commands similar prices Big Grin
August 19, 2008, 02:03 PM
AJJ
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Just won a Dexter sketch card by Sarah Lyons for £8.20 inc postage. I can't paste the pic from the auction listing so I'll post a pic when I recieve it.

And here's the picture. The darker top of the card is from my camara not the card.

The blood splatter looks really good in person. Big Grin

August 19, 2008, 02:55 PM
shauninbuckner
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
quote:

To be honest the person you purchased them from probably has about 20 of his sketches and it's really not worth keep scanning them. The nice thing about collecting his sketches is that you can pick them up for $1, they're very easy to find as they're still in plentiful supply, and you only need to buy 2 from each set to have a master set. Smile One of the card talk members was shredding Waterhouse sketches on You Tube (I think his Waterhouse collection just got too big too quickly) so be careful not to expand your collection too quickly. Another great place to find his work are in boxes of Crystal Skull, I was lucky enough to get 2 out of a 4 box purchase. Another great artist to look out for is Brent Woodside whose work commands similar prices Big Grin

Thanks very much for all of the great and useful information! I sincerely appreciate your time. It's great to be able to collect sketches on my budget and still enjoy the artist's style! I hope to add a couple more Waterhouse sketches from KOTCS soon. Beyond that, I'll just have to see what I can find!

I will have to look around at some Woodside stuff. Thanks for the tip there as well. Looking forward to it!

August 19, 2008, 07:05 PM
Haljordanfan
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Doctor Jas:
quote:

Thanks very much for all of the great and useful information! I sincerely appreciate your time. It's great to be able to collect sketches on my budget and still enjoy the artist's style! I hope to add a couple more Waterhouse sketches from KOTCS soon. Beyond that, I'll just have to see what I can find!

I will have to look around at some Woodside stuff. Thanks for the tip there as well. Looking forward to it!

LOL! Your too much! He was being sarcastic about Woodside. His sketches are a joke as well. I wasn't trying to be mean, but when we pull this **** it gets aggravating and to see you like it is mezmerizing to say the least.