Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
My best e-bay find!!!!

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/870100256

May 01, 2008, 10:31 AM
AJJ
My best e-bay find!!!!
Just used a bin to buy a Hobby box of Indy and the Kingdon of the Crystal Skull £27 inc postage.

May 02, 2008, 09:30 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Me and sketch cards= trouble, although I got an AMAZING deal on this next Women of Marvel card which arrived today-

A Dave Fox Rogue for $39.95 plus shipping- great deal for an artist that usually goes for a lot more. Smile

Val

May 04, 2008, 07:54 PM
Incarnadine
I just won this Donruss Celebrity Cuts Christina Applegate autograph card numbered 41/45 for $76.99. I don't know if it's a bargain or not but I'll say my max bid was over $100. Maybe it's just me but I much prefer the autograph on a manufactured patch than the ones on a sticker. I was also happy I got the auto on a "Y" since my first choices were "Y" or "H". I should be able to finish the Bundy set easily now. Big Grin

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

May 04, 2008, 10:10 PM
hollypop
Val- I love the sketch cards you've been getting. They're beautifully done and to get them at such a great price.. sweet!

Incardine- I've been looking at some Donruss cards this week-end. Great find/deal!

My best ebay as of late was getting 1990 Marvel Universe base set and the full set of hologram cards.

Just over twenty six dollars. I don't know if it's much of a deal but I think the holograms are well worth it. A Christmas present for my brother.

May 05, 2008, 10:49 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Holly- thanks!

I am still a diehard DC fan and am not that into Marvel, so that being said- here's my 47th DC sketch- $36 w/ shipping-

A gorgeous Matthew Goodmanson Black Canary sketch, my first sketch from this artist.

Val

May 06, 2008, 01:54 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Holly- thanks!

I am still a diehard DC fan and am not that into Marvel, so that being said- here's my 47th DC sketch- $36 w/ shipping-

A gorgeous Matthew Goodmanson Black Canary sketch, my first sketch from this artist.

Val

Oooh, I like that one a lot!

May 06, 2008, 07:07 PM
Jessica
I wanted to post a pic of these cards, but haven't had a chance to.

I got the Topps Xena Season 3(I think it's 3) autograph of Hudson Leick as Callisto for $41.00 and the Kevin Smith for ... wait for it... $28 and change!!!!!!!!! I was worried that one was too good to be true, but it came and is a beauty of a card.

May 06, 2008, 09:13 PM
X
Managed to get the Indiana Heritage base set and three box-toppers for a whopping £1.50! Can't argue with those prices. Smile
May 06, 2008, 10:22 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Jane-

Thanks, it looks lovely with the rest of my sketch cards in that handy dandy top loader binder. Smile

I can't believe I have 47 DC sketches now.

Val

May 07, 2008, 05:27 PM
hollypop
Val- that is a really nice sketch. You have 47 DC sketches?? Wow.. I'd love to see them!

I just won a commission sketch of Zatanna. I am in complete love with it and can't wait to show it off.

I may have paid too much but I consider it my best find because of all the sketches of her, this is the only one I liked.

May 08, 2008, 01:58 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
22 of my DC sketches are depicted in this thread, Holly. The 25 others I acquired through other means, including pack/box pulls. I'll have to make a list of my DC sketches thus far.

Val

May 10, 2008, 10:53 AM
Quaint1
I picked up another couple of Thunderbirds The Movie cards I was looking for from an eBay seller in Australia (yes, for a change, I'm actually posting about an ebay bargain!)
This one:

for £4 (give or take a couple of p!)
This one:

same seller - just a few pence short of £6.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast
May 10, 2008, 11:18 AM
wolfie
Frakes auto for £4. Thumb Up

May 10, 2008, 11:59 AM
Servo
I won a Donruss Americana Ultimate Warrior Memoriblia card, numbered 23/95, for just under £5/$10 shipped, thanks to some bad wording in the title. It's a piece of his wrestling trunks.

May 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
justm
Some great wins here!
Well done.

Clap

Had my own little success last night when I picked up the Wolf Kahler auto from the Indy Heritage set for £3.09. Not the most WOW! auto I know but it's one I needed and it's always good to pick up a bargain.

May 13, 2008, 01:42 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan

$32- Kong Spider-Woman

$46.50- Price Hellcat- not one of the characters I was collecting, but I love Price's artwork.

Plus I got a Karen Allen auto from Crystal Skull for $39.49.

(All prices include shipping)

Val

May 14, 2008, 02:13 PM
Peter cloet
congrats

A belgian hiphop group
May 14, 2008, 08:02 PM
Redemption
I was quite happy to get these sketches for a total of $18.23 including shipping...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Redemption,

May 14, 2008, 11:33 PM
Forever Man
Wow that is a steal Smile

http://s155.photobucket.com/al...7/Shootingstarpress/
For Her I Can Be A Hero!
May 15, 2008, 12:03 AM
Scifi_Collector
quote:
Originally posted by Forever Man:
Wow that is a steal Smile

No offense to any of the artist who created the sketches, but those sketches are definitely worth the full $1.50 they were paid to create them.