Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
My best e-bay find!!!!

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9816075901/m/870100256

March 19, 2008, 08:13 PM
ConfusedBoy
My best e-bay find!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by MadCow:
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
but they are still redeemable. At least the last time I've checked.


Is there anywhere to get confirmation of this. I'd hate to get 3 boxes and hate to be stuck...

You'd have to email Inkworks and they'll reply back to you whether they still have any left.

____________________
The Wheel of Time, IMO the best fantasy novels ever?

RIP Robert Jordan (Oct 17, 1948 - Sep 16, 2007)
March 20, 2008, 12:43 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Got a couple of my eBay wins today-

$43 and change for this gorgeous sketch card:



Who needs cheesecake when you have beefcake? Wink

I also got a collection of Charisma Carpenter cards which included some sell sheets and what I wanted: a promo card for Charisma's film: "Voodoo Moon", which I didn't even known existed(the card not the movie)- $15

I got more on the way, though sadly not the Kong 80's Canary. Frown

Val

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
March 20, 2008, 11:07 AM
anjee
great card! kudos! Thumb Up
March 21, 2008, 09:43 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Another eBay win came in today:



Gorgeous card and my first Andy Price sketch- approx. $53(including shipping).

Val

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
March 21, 2008, 09:46 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Can't believe I didn't post this one, another Black Canary by Uko Smith- Approx. $37 with shipping.



Smile

Val

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
March 21, 2008, 10:29 PM
Redemption
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Can't believe I didn't post this one, another Black Canary by Uko Smith- Approx. $37 with shipping.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2504/smithblackcanarynh1.jpg

Smile

Val


Dude! You're addicted to those DC sketches! lol

Congrats on the great cards! Have you set up an online gallery? I'd love to see all your cards together. Thumb Up

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
March 22, 2008, 08:36 AM
Haljordanfan
I just snagged a mini-master set of DC Legacy for $60. Is that a good score to you guys? I didn't have the urge to buy any boxes of the set, but I figured since this was complete I couldn't pass it up. It would've cost me a fortune to assemble it considering the gold cards and the lenticular inserts were from what I hear hard to acquire. So for the $60 it included:

Base set
Gold set
Cover cards 1-9
Alex Ross 1-9
Legendary Lenticular 1-6
Superman promo SD07

I thought it was a good deal. Am I wrong?
March 22, 2008, 08:52 AM
Scifi_Collector
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
I just snagged a mini-master set of DC Legacy for $60. Is that a good score to you guys? I didn't have the urge to buy any boxes of the set, but I figured since this was complete I couldn't pass it up. It would've cost me a fortune to assemble it considering the gold cards and the lenticular inserts were from what I hear hard to acquire. So for the $60 it included:

Base set
Gold set
Cover cards 1-9
Alex Ross 1-9
Legendary Lenticular 1-6
Superman promo SD07

I thought it was a good deal. Am I wrong?


It was a great deal, You save about $15.00 if you were to buy all of those items separately.
March 22, 2008, 08:56 AM
Haljordanfan
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by Haljordanfan:
I just snagged a mini-master set of DC Legacy for $60. Is that a good score to you guys? I didn't have the urge to buy any boxes of the set, but I figured since this was complete I couldn't pass it up. It would've cost me a fortune to assemble it considering the gold cards and the lenticular inserts were from what I hear hard to acquire. So for the $60 it included:

Base set
Gold set
Cover cards 1-9
Alex Ross 1-9
Legendary Lenticular 1-6
Superman promo SD07

I thought it was a good deal. Am I wrong?


It was a great deal, You save about $15.00 if you were to buy all of those items separately.




What does the whole set book for? I just subscribed to the magazine this week, so I'm not entirely sure. I know the Ebay prices, but they're all over the place depending whose bidding.
March 22, 2008, 09:01 AM
Haljordanfan
I saw just the Superman lenticular go for $10 plus shipping on Friday.

I'm actually suprised that this set isn't higher in price. Considering there weren't that many boxes made. And the inserts weren't that easy to pull according to the checklists numbers. If we were back in the 90's the inserts would be much higher. It's all those sketches that kill the inserts prices. In my entire collection I have 1 sketch card and I just bought it last week. A Martian Manhunter from DC Legacy. It just hit me and I had to have it. Normally I pass on all of them. Any I've ever pulled I sell or trade off.
March 22, 2008, 10:02 AM
wolfie
Good purchase. Thumb Up

Does anyone have the DC Legacy promo P3 for trade.?

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
March 22, 2008, 10:08 AM
Haljordanfan
Can anyone out there tell me what promos I'm missing for a master set?
March 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
wolfie
DC Legacy promos.

P1
P2
P3
CP1
SD07

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
March 22, 2008, 11:20 AM
Haljordanfan
So then I need to find P1-3 and CP1 are they an easy grab?
March 22, 2008, 11:43 AM
starfleetbeat
Sorry to take a left turn into Promo Cards (card related)...
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661...571007742#9571007742
I don't know why RA doesn't include the Superman / Doomsday DVD card as a DC Legacy promo; it has the same back as the other 5 promo cards, numbered (s07).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: starfleetbeat,
March 22, 2008, 11:54 AM
LUZNDAVE
Don't forget the binder Auto and the Case auto.
March 22, 2008, 10:46 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
Can't believe I didn't post this one, another Black Canary by Uko Smith- Approx. $37 with shipping.

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2504/smithblackcanarynh1.jpg

Smile

Val


Dude! You're addicted to those DC sketches! lol

Congrats on the great cards! Have you set up an online gallery? I'd love to see all your cards together. Thumb Up


I do need to set one up I guess....I got even more sketches in the mail today- although only one was from eBay.

$49.99-



The Canary sketches continue....

Smile

Val

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
March 22, 2008, 11:11 PM
Redemption
Black Canary is one of my favs as well! Thumb Up

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection
March 22, 2008, 11:31 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
SmileI have 15 Canary sketches now, most from eBay. There are still a few artists I want a Canary from though....

guess we'll see where it goes. Smile

I also now have a link to sketches I acquired either through eBay or trusted sellers.

Val's DC sketches

The only card in the gallery I pulled myself is the Brandao Zatanna- though the scan is not of my actual card.

Val

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CordeliaChase_Fan,

____________________
"what's that sound, it'll turn you around, it's a Doll Revolution..."- The Bangles, after Elvis Costello
March 23, 2008, 12:38 AM
Redemption
That Hawkman is soooooooooo sweet! And Batgirl is another fav!

____________________
I'm a burning effigy of everything I used to be. Robbie Williams
My Sketch Collection