Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
And think of the "PIECEworks" cards

- They could use real (prop) body pieces from the autopsy part of the show. eek [LOL] They could have "Sketch Cards" of the special guest star (victims) and lenticular cards of the "image in motion" scenes where SFX scenes show the time progression of an simulated event, as described and envisioned by one of the CSI members. cool

@@@ ScottEvil cool

"I'm not really Evil, until CSI prove otherwise. razz wink"

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steelydan
posted Hide Post
You bet it would make a great set. And my favorite show!!Bill Peterson is my hero!! LOL - your pieceworks comment Mini-Me!!!

Posts: 198 | Location: LaCrosse,Wisconsin | Registered: March 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
quote:
LOL - your pieceworks comment Mini-Me!!! - SteelyDan

--- SteelyDan:

- Thanks! big grin And they could even have a special insert set Called "Clues Revealed" that would reveal the "hidden fingerprints" or (fake) "blood prints" when you placed the cards under a black light. eek [They'd use the "invisible ink" that they used in stamping one's hands at admission gates such as the Disney Theme parks. wink]

@@@ ScottEvil cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Tremors movies would made good sets, especially now thatSci-Fi channel is making "Tremors: The series"

http://mtlhddoc2.8m.com

Tennessee Titans 34, Pittsburgh Steeler 31
The refs were paid off!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Got another one

TRUE LIES , especially with TRUE LIES 2 coming out soon. Autograph cards of Arnold Swarzennegar (who doesn't mind signing autograph cards for collectors- bless him) Thumb Up, Jamie Lee Curtis Wave (Halloween), Tom Arnold Metal, and a very young (at the time) Eliza Dushku Luv You (Faith on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. And let's not forget the lovely Ms. Tia Carrere. Luv You

@@@ ScottEvil Smokin'

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never intefere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
Too bad ...

Cleopatra 2525 was cancelled after 1 and 1/3 seasons. That would have made a great set as it had regular cast [Jennifer Sky - Cleo/Amarice, Gina Torres - Hel/Nebula, Victoria Pratt - Sarge/Cyane) and guest stars (Joel Tobeck - Creegan/Strife and Danielle Cormack - Rayna/Ephiny) that were from the Xena/Hercules shows and would have made a great set. Especially when it came to Autograph cards & Costume Cards. Big Grin And many variant Costume Cards there would have been, with the colorful costumes that they wore on that show. Wink

@@@ ScottEvil Smokin'

"I am a WATCHER, part of a secret society of men and women who observe and record but never intefere, we know the truth about immortals ....... In the end there can be only one !"

Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
I dont know if it would be feasible but they have made cards from worse subjects - and the autos.... hundreds and hundreds of gueststars from this show - not to mention the fact that the cast is constantly in flux - combined with SVU and CI this set could easily have 30 autos and not even get into guest stars.

This could even be the first "All Auto" Non-sports set!

The refs were paid off!

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I think "24" would make a pretty good card set, it's definitely far superior to Alias. After that it's pretty thin pickings for shows that would have a following that would also buy the cards. I'd love to see a Gilmore Girls set as it's one of my favorite shows but how many people would buy cards for that show? Even shows with powerhouse ratings don't seem to sustain anywhere near the merchandising levels of shows like Buffy, Xena, X-Files and Trek which despite having tiny ratings compared to the big network shows has huge support by its fans.

Buffy: "Sorry, I'm the only one that can pass the retinal scan."
Xander: "The. Ewww. I don't wanna see that."
Buffy: "Retinal scan Xander."

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Since the show has been effectively cancelled, I know that there's probably not any chance of this happening, but I would really love to see a Futurama set. I'm surprised that Inkworks didn't jump on this as well when they picked up the license for "The Simpsons". I'd love to have autograph cards for the voice cast, but I think I'd pick up a set even if it didn't have those, and that's saying a lot for me.

If Rittenhouse for some reason did a set, I'd expect it to have sound cards like their "Farscape In Motion" set, possibly with a case topper of Bender saying, "Bite my shiny metal @$$!"

Just think if you could get some of the guest stars from the show to sign. Here's a small snippet: almost the entire cast of "Star Trek", John Goodman as the Robot Santa, Pamela Anderson, Dick Clark, 2/3 of the Beastie Boys, and former Vice President Al Gore!

-Bob-

"I'd take a bullet for safety."

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Bob, I think Futurama has been picked up by the Sci-Fi channel and may be making new episodes. Plus it lives on in Comic form as well... and I think you are right, what a card set that could be made from that (how about a Bob Dole auto???)

The refs were paid off!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mtlhddoc2:
Bob, I think Futurama has been picked up by the Sci-Fi channel and may be making new episodes.

That would be keen. I'll have to check into that. Last I heard the Cartoon Network had picked it up for their "Adult Swim" block, but that was only for the re-runs.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Just checked the Sci-Fi site, Google, and Got Futurama?, and couldn't find anything about Sci-Fi being involved with the show at all.

<sad sigh>

-Bob-

Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
and Futurama is on the Cartoon Network as part of their "Adult Swim" lineup

Check it out Ault Swim FAQ and when I looked at the Schedule it is on tonite at 11pm Eastern

The refs were paid off!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I've been thinking about this lately, and I think we need a King of the Hill card set. This show is hillareous! We have the Simpsons, how about this one??

Dobby: still a guy, even though my avatar is Chloe
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
How's this for an oldie, Logan's Run. I'm mostly thinking of the movie ( I still watch it whenever it airs) but I really liked the short lived TV series too. I'd love a Michael York and Jenny Agutter auto. Heck, even Farrah Fawcet in a less than stellar display of acting ability could be included.

Buffy: "Sorry, I'm the only one that can pass the retinal scan."
Xander: "The. Ewww. I don't wanna see that."
Buffy: "Retinal scan Xander."

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted Hide Post
I decided to make my own King of the Hill cards!!
Here is my promo card P1 for the set

Wink

Dobby: still a guy, even though my avatar is Chloe
http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
how about a Mr Rogers card set????

Chase cards could include a Foil Tribute set

Think of all the stars and mega-stars that have appeared! Sports figures, politicians, movie and TV stars... the list is endless! What an autograph run that would be! I doubt very much there could be pieceworks cards as his sweater and most of the puppets I am sure will wind up in the Smithsonian museum (at least I would hope they would!).

I would hope that if this is made it would be a very large set (200-300 cards) to include many of the highlights from his many many years on PBS.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Wendi
posted Hide Post
I would love to see all the HBO shows...Soparanos, OZ, Sex and the City, Six Feet Under.

Also love music...how about Grammy winners over the years?

Posts: 2211 | Location: IL, USA | Registered: February 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NonSportzDude
posted Hide Post
I Have Two In Mind.

1.) The Sopranos
2.) 24

What Do You Think? Any Chance Of These Being Made?

Posts: 74 | Location: Indianapolis, IN, USA | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I understand that Comic Images has the rights to "24".

-Bob-

"It's rumored that Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez would like to remake 'Casablanca'. This is great news for those who love the film but wish it was terrible."