Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Card Talk's Greatest Hits    TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV shows you would like to see cards sets from
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I would definitely like to see cards from Friends, Supernatural and Mad Tv!!!

Posts: 291 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: November 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dis68:
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
I'm starting to like the HBO show "ROME" enough to want a card set.

HBO/BBC ROME is a great idea although a lot of the images might have to be censored for cards

Otherwise how about House or Monk

No Censoring! This is one of those shows that needs things to be seen in their entirety even if it has to be marketed with an "R" rating. Part of the shows appeal is its graphic nature, could you imaging what it would be like if it aired on the Turner network? Roll Eyes I would love to see how Turner would try to edit a show like Rome or Deadwood (I tried watching Die Hard on Turner once, it was pathetic).

Of the 2005 shows Surface interests me, Supernatural has promise and Criminal Minds has really gotten good, almost as good as the first CSI. I also wouldn't mind an NCIS set.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dunkelzahn
posted Hide Post
A Tales of the Darkside Set with Autos And Sketchs would be nice as Would A Set From The late 80s early 90s show Monsters SmileO and The tv Show Amazing Stories,thatd be awesome for autos and everything Smile

Posts: 22 | Location: Ulthar | Registered: January 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LittleEarthquakes
posted Hide Post
I would love to see a Supernatural set released. It could make a really good set, provided one of the main two would agree to sign.

Posts: 285 | Location: Australia | Registered: January 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
1. The pretender
2. Mystery Science Theater 3000
3. Massive NBC Sitcoms from the 80s set with Facts of life, Different Strokes, Cosby show, Etc...
4. Space :Above and Beyond
5. Lone Gunmen Expansion Set from xfiles connections
6. ER
7. Law and Order Overview set
8. Kolchak :the Night Stalker
9. Night Gallery
10. Tales from the Darkside/Monsters
11. Seaquest with autographs/prop/costume cards
12. Cheers Overview
13. Seinfeld with autographs
14. MTV Real World Season 1-5 (I want a puck auto , and a crappy judd sketch to burn)
15. MTV Real World Seasons 5-10
16. MTV Real World Seaons 10+
17. MTV Road Rules
18. MTV History
19. Gummi Bears (do you realise much of StarGate:Atlantis is based on the gummibears TV animated from the 80s?)
20. Batman:TAS with autographs/sketchs/cel redemptions (this was literally the best animated television show of all time.)

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a Space: Above and Beyond set!

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
Not sure if anyone's already mentioned this, but I would love to see a set for Bones. I have fallen in love with that show. Luv You

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
actually, strike that last number 1 on my list. put MST3k At the top. SIgh, why cant tv actually be as funny as it used to be? now its all about making the actors into bankable marketing platforms, instead of being good (or in certain cases, funny) anymore.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Randy Giles
posted Hide Post
I would love a Supernatural set!

Posts: 200 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Starchild
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
actually, strike that last number 1 on my list. put MST3k At the top. SIgh, why cant tv actually be as funny as it used to be? now its all about making the actors into bankable marketing platforms, instead of being good (or in certain cases, funny) anymore.

OMG....yes! An MST3K set would be great!

I really miss that show. Thank Heavens for VHS/DVD.

Posts: 603 | Location: CT | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
it was just so good, on ever level. Even after mike, it was still funny. Oh well. Lets get ready for "BUFFY: THE GUYS WHO WENT UP IN A PUFF OF SMOKE" collection due out soon, while sets like this , which would cost next to nothing to produce, never come about.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
while sets like this , which would cost next to nothing to produce, never come about.

And where do you get your numbers from? The actual physical printing part of the cards may not cost a ton, but licenses aren't exactly cheap. Please the originator of the license may want to protect their property and not see a comedy license. While the amount that I know about the process of making cards comes pretty much from the recent series of articles, I know that it's not that simple or cheap to make something and I guess I get a little cranky when people mouth off like experts when it's clear that they don't get the whole picture. I don't mean to be inflamatory or anything (and I apologize if I'm coming across that way), and while a set like you suggested may be fun, things aren't as simple as wiggling one's nose and making it happen.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the following shows made into card sets:

Prison Break
House
Supernatural

And James Marsters signing and piecework card for Smallville.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:
quote:
while sets like this , which would cost next to nothing to produce, never come about.

And where do you get your numbers from? The actual physical printing part of the cards may not cost a ton, but licenses aren't exactly cheap. Please the originator of the license may want to protect their property and not see a comedy license. While the amount that I know about the process of making cards comes pretty much from the recent series of articles, I know that it's not that simple or cheap to make something and I guess I get a little cranky when people mouth off like experts when it's clear that they don't get the whole picture. I don't mean to be inflamatory or anything (and I apologize if I'm coming across that way), and while a set like you suggested may be fun, things aren't as simple as wiggling one's nose and making it happen.

No, i hear you. its just, MST3k is still owned by best brains, joel hodgsons company, along with kevin and trace. They ran their own convention, and based a show on fan support and interaction. I dont want to go down the box printing costs arguement again, becouse the last time i did this, i had to look up printing costs, that i as a one-off one time user would pay, and it was 25 dollars including the box. Im sure, with deals (like i struck when publishing a indy comic book in the 90s) that cost comes down 40-50 percent when doing in bulk. The license i have to imagine, WOULD infact not be hard, considering how much it is still controled /owned by the shows creators (comedy central / Sci Fi channel don't have ownership, thats why you dont see the show on them anymore). I mean, heck, hear Kevin has been doing the talk show circut off and on to promote a book about going to the movies every day for a year. Thats not exactly cash-money-ballin (dont edit this one please, it means hes not rich). This topic is about tv shows you want to see. I know that i have to justify everything i say here lol, but come on, this was EXACTLY the topic. :-P

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zhamlau,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
and btw, the 'next to nothing' comment that got me smacked down again, was in refference to what others must be paying to license products LIKE buffy, or LOTR or Star Wars. I could be wrong, of course, but i would imagine that the Mystery Science Theater license, probably isnt as much as the Star Wars ones. I mean, who knows maybe they do run MST3k images and licensing rights with an iron fist, and you could never get past their media consulting firm to get that high prestige contract, but i would imagine that a TV show that LITERALLY asks you to COPY THEIR SHOW OFF TV AND SELL/TRADE IT TO FANS (which comedy central/scifi wasnt to thrilled about, lol) probably would be willing to play ball. Bah, to heck with it. Lets see how far we can get producing this card set. im tired of being called out on everything by mods , lets follow this rabbit hole. ill post back later.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: zhamlau,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zhamlau:
and btw, the 'next to nothing' comment that got me smacked down again, was in refference to what others must be paying to license products LIKE buffy, or LOTR or Star Wars.

Then my apologies. I thought you were referencing strickly to a Buffy set and the costs involved in making stuff. The way I read the post, the comparison of costs of Mystery Science vs Buffy was not clear.

quote:
I could be wrong, of course, but i would imagine that the Mystery Science Theater license, probably isnt as much as the Star Wars ones. I mean, who knows maybe they do run MST3k images and licensing rights with an iron fist, and you could never get past their media consulting firm to get that high prestige contract, but i would imagine that a TV show that LITERALLY asks you to COPY THEIR SHOW OFF TV AND SELL/TRADE IT TO FANS (which comedy central/scifi wasnt to thrilled about, lol) probably would be willing to play ball.

There be the clarity I did not see in the initial post. Again my spologies.

quote:
im tired of being called out on everything by mods , lets follow this rabbit hole. ill post back later.

I was not posting as a "mod" but rather a person who gets tired sometimes of hearing people bash other people's work when it's not done exactly to their specifications. Just because the word 'moderator' appears under my name doesn't mean I post here all the time as one. In fact I think I have maybe three or four times, half of which have been moving threads to the trading forum so collectors can get in touch with one another.

If you're frustrated with us mods, or collectors as we 99% of the time call ourselves, perhaps you may want to check why we are doing so and then ask if it's us wearing a mod hat or if its people participating on a discussion forum like everyone else.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
I would like to see sets for

The pretender
Space :Above and Beyond
ER
and HEX

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Inkworks did ROSWELL Season 1, but none of the other seasons. I'd love to have cards for Seasons 2 & 3. Thumb Up

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
ok, i did some research into the matter. BBI , best brains inc is located in eden prarire , Minnesota. They have apperatently closed up shop as an operating studio, production company. The only 2 employes left are beth, and Jim Mallon, who also is the company director. No body, including the MST3k Offical site, know what they are up to at the moment. I have contacted them, and am now trying to set up a phone conversation with them , to find out what they have licensed recently in terms of collectables and general ephemera. Im also going to approach them about the possibility of doing producing a trading card set. I figure, since i keep getting the business about this, i might as well try and demystify this a little. I ran a small indy comic book publishing house in the mid 90s, and can easily come up with printing houses to produce the work. I can also set up my own distrubtion deal on this. Lets see what one person, who is tired of being told "DONT LOOK BEHIND THE CURTAIN", can do...all becouse i said i would imagine this set wouldnt be the hardest set to pull off. lets see how far one man who hasnt published a Card set before, can get in the process...then ill try to imagine what if i was a already formed and functional card production company, who has dozens of employees, lawyers, marketing reps who handle projects like this...and ill see how hard i found the process to be. Ill post here off and on about it.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of mtlhddoc2
posted Hide Post
Well, I can tell you from experience how hard it would be. I attempted to start up my own trading card company a couple of years ago too. I was going to make little league sets and similar itemsfor local businesses and such. The costs were exorbitant, and I had to pay NOTHING for licensing since it was going to be local people featured on teh cards, not big name, or even little named, stars. I found that, at a cost I could effectively sell it for, I could not expect to make even a marginal profit. In fact, I would have probably lost 30-40% sales to cost ratio. I never even got past the planning stage on that, never filed with the state etc because that, also, would have cut into my gross income on the deal. I even toyed with the idea of producing sets in conjunction with some of the larger companies for which a license just would not be worth buying and producing themselves. Still no dice, I waslooking at steadily ballooning costs with definate losses with no ability to even affect a gain at all. The big guys make their money in volume, thats for sure, because if they were to produce less than 500 boxes, there is almsot no way to turn a profit. Thats probably why Previn from Terror Cards is selling autos direct now instead of boxes of cards. I would love to hear from Previn on the subject too, as a small licensed item producer he probably has the best knowledge of how it goes. Nostalgicards too, would love to hear from them as a small time manufacturer of self-licensed material.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Censored | Registered: November 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post